Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

This might be an easy one.
    Will I still be able to update premium blocks after a year if my JA Builder Premium license has expired?
    Do I need a Premium license or shoud a Pro license be sufficient?

Thx for the responses.
    K.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi

Your question is addressed at the FAQs page HERE.

gringo211985 Friend

Hi Anonymous,

I wondered this also, and doing a little looking your FAQ says:
    "5. What happens to my pages when my membership expires?
    The pages will continue to work as normal. The block and page library access will be auto downgraded to free plan. You would be able to edit your free content blocks but will not be able to save changes to any of the paid blocks until you renew."

I believe this is actually an illegal practice, if we pay for a product like JA Builder then we should be free to use this indefinitely without the product becoming unusable when subscription expires. There are so many risky factors here this has actually got me very worried!

1. What happens to all my clients sites if Joomlart’s business closes? (the builder works from your servers and this is super bad practice, I’ve moaned on and on about having it locally install and run from our own servers)

2. What happens to my clients sites if my business fails? (it is completely ridiculous to think that my clients won’t be able to update their sites if I got run over or died tomorrow)

3. I will need an answer here from Arvind, please point him to this post anonymous, because these 2 points are very scary indeed after reading the FAQ.

Subscriptions for software works like this by law: You pay for updates, the software will continue working otherwise. For example I have a paid version of Photoshop CS5 and it’s like 2 years out of date now, but the thing still works for me as I have paid for it already, the only thing I don’t get is updates, if I want updates I have to pay again.

I actually think this is a Major issue that will need resolving ASAP.

Thanks,
    Richard

PS – For the 100th millionth time – make the builder install locally, the only time we connect to you is when we update blocks and the builder. This solves both of the very important points 1 + 2. Plus it makes the thing load about 200% quicker!!!

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Gringo,

The T4 is to have a different version of Page Builder which would be standalone. Your concerns have been duly noted and as I have assured you earlier too, they would be taken care of. We are not going to release the new Page Builder or T4 for Joomla 3, as everyone would be switching to J4 as it comes out.

The current Page Builder in its form is a SAAS product and so requires a subscription to access all features. Nothing illegal in that and it is part of the terms of use, nothing is being done without prior information to members.

Regards

Arvind

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 6 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum