Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Here’s my installation.
    Ja University
    Joomla 3.7.0
    Just updated PHP 5.6.30

I’m getting this error after upgrading to 3.7.0 at the top of my page:

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘relative’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 620

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘pathOnly’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 621

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectBrowser’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 622

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectDebug’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 623

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘relative’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 626

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectBrowser’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 626

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectDebug’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 626

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘pathOnly’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 629

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘relative’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 620

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘pathOnly’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 621

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectBrowser’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 622

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectDebug’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 623

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘relative’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 626

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectBrowser’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 626

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectDebug’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 626

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘pathOnly’ in /xxx/xxx/public_html/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 629

I’m able remove the error with Global config, server and Report Error to "None" however I’d like to remove this error and set it back to default.

Help is appreciated.

Phill Moderator

Unfortunately there have been a few changes in Joomla 3.7 that will require a number of changes to many templates and extensions to remain compatible. JA are in the process of updating those and will in due course release new versions. As I am sure you can appreciate, this is quite an extensive undertaking with such a large catalogue of templates and extensions. As such a firm date cannot be given, but hopefully it will be very soon.

juankitacl Friend

Can we as users make code-level changes to templates? … what happens to the templates already acquired if our accounts have expired on the date

1. parahostname

desarrollo e infotecnolocías

Phill Moderator

Of course you may make changes. If you have an active membership I would suggest waiting for the updates. If your membership has expired you can still download the T3 plugin when that is updated which may or may not fix your problem. Each template needs to be looked at and updated accordingly. Not only the templates, but all extensions also need testing and updating if needed. Only when all are updated can they be tested together and any further issues rectified. Finally, after all this can the updates be released. It may sound extensive but JA wish to always have the most stable releases possible and as such will not rush something out. We would rather this than cause further problems for users further down the line, a sentiment which I hope you can appreciate.

juankitacl Friend

Of course and thank you, I understand the situation, one last question, I have at the moment other joomlart templates in operation that have not been affected and are working very well because I have not updated to the latest version of joomla, the advice or suggestion Would not update correct?

juankitacl Friend

Of course and thank you, I understand the situation, one last question, I have at the moment other joomlart templates in operation that have not been affected and are working very well because I have not updated to the latest version of joomla, the advice or suggestion Would not update correct?

Phill Moderator

That is indeed the correct assumption. J3.7 is not a security update, it just adds new features. These features have meant a number of core changes to Joomla that will require a lot of extensions to need some work. When updates to JA extensions are available you should also check any other third party extensions and make sure they are also compatible. Only when you are sure that all of your components, templates, plugins and modules are J3.7 ready should you take a backup and the update. Personally, I would do the update on a test machine first. I use WAMP at home for this purpose. This way I can be sure that everything is good before I commit.

Markus Friend

broke my old JA_Zite site too 🙁

same errors

JA_Decor worked fine. No problems

Anonymous Moderator

@markus :
    If you’re having problems after updating site to Joomla 3.7 , pls leave us details of your issues in this thread and we will fix for future updates.

norchris Friend

Hi! I have the same issue with JA University. Se below for errors 🙂

I cannot write PHP code. But, from this link it seems to be possible to do some minor changes to the if strings.

Please help!

Cheers from Norchris

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘relative’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 620

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘pathOnly’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 621

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectBrowser’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 622

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectDebug’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 623

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘relative’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 626

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectBrowser’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 626

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectDebug’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 626

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘pathOnly’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 629

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘relative’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 620

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘pathOnly’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 621

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectBrowser’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 622

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectDebug’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 623

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘relative’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 626

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectBrowser’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 626

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘detectDebug’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 626

Warning: Illegal string offset ‘pathOnly’ in /home/56/w267704/www/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 629

norchris Friend

Meanwhile, I restored the site from Akeeba backup. Seems that the issue appears after Joomla 3.7.2 Now, the site nivianalyse.no has Joomla 3.7.1 I’ll keep there until bug is fixed.

Cheers,

Norchris

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Norchris,

It seems that the warning come from the core file of Joomla, is there something wrong with Joomla package on your site?

Juan Carlos Stauring Friend

Unfortunately there have been a few changes in Joomla 3.7 that will require a number of changes to many templates and extensions to remain compatible. JA are in the process of updating those and will in due course release new versions. As I am sure you can appreciate, this is quite an extensive undertaking with such a large catalogue of templates and extensions. As such a firm date cannot be given, but hopefully it will be very soon.

This error did not get fix for me with the release of ja t3 updated. Help is appreciated.

jc

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Juan Carlos,

The warning messages indicate the issue from core Joomla files, not in JA T3 framework plugin nor template. It comes from the Joomla package on your site. Kindly wait for the release of JA University – JA T3v2 and update latest version for Joomla and template then.

Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum