Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

<em>@anoel 257391 wrote:</em><blockquote>lol you are wrong.</blockquote>

You were not very happy with your post here too!
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/no-support-in-this-forum/

anoel Friend

yep I was wrong because I was mad beacuse the time is differet between me and them. after that They help me I feel bad to myself. So they are saying to you about 1.7 but you can’t understand or u dont want to understand. I know other companies believe me here is the best. I dont want to give name of companies. some comp. not making new them for 2 mounths.

TomC Moderator

<em>@itsnexgen 257327 wrote:</em><blockquote>.. look at other company, other company.. absolutely value for money + neat and eye catching designs.</blockquote>
    Really not understanding your point here other than making an unnecessary/unwarranted dig at JoomlART.
    Nothing constructive offered within your comment whatsoever.

If you have some respectfully constructive comments and/or suggestions to offer – by all mean,s please do so.
    However, naming other companies and insinuating “better value” is neither helpful nor constructive.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@itsnexgen 257327 wrote:</em><blockquote>First impression the best impression. I had posted only after checking the demo. It just plain designs coming since few months.. look at IceTheme, RocketTheme.. absolutely value for money + neat and eye catching designs.

I think its our right to give feedback.</blockquote>

Pradeep, feedback, criticism is welcome and please feel free. You did not like Aug template fine, i personally liked it coz i can use it for purposes i have in my mind. I am sure your project requirements must be different. This is the very question faced by every club, How to please everyone every month?

We don’t care what others are rolling out of their stables and have no intentions of trying to be like them. JoomlArt is known for unique designs. I personally have received compliments for JA Ironis from one of our big time competitor, which i can assure you is rare.

<em>@joomlaturk 257386 wrote:</em><blockquote>My point is… your company is selling joomla templates and your august 2011 joomla template release IRONIS …DOES NOT WORK with joomla 1.7.
    am I wrong??</blockquote>

I am not going to keep repeating the same thing over and over again. This question has been answered so many times (even above) and in facebook, blog post. Joomla! 1.7 is one click upgrade and Joomla 1.6.6 (Security fix) is also released. Whats the hurry to move to Joomla! 1.7 when the templates are not officially released for it. The reasons for the delay are also very clear :

1. We just finished releasing bug fixes versions for all J 1.6 templates for Joomla 1.6. Check the announcements HERE.
    2. T3 plugin Hotfix was released for Joomla 1.7 for those who upgraded and faced problem, rest were requested to avoid while we assess and start rolling out J 1.7 stuff.

Now look at the stats : For Joomla 1.6 we have 23 templates (excluding T3 blank). These templates uses a total of 43 extensions :

4 Components
    20 Modules
    19 Plugins

and T3 Framework plugin.

Unless T3 framework plugin and the other 43 extensions are tested out for J 1.7 compatibility, template testing can not resume. I assume you can do the maths now….

the total number of items to be tested for J 1.7 comes to around 65. It cant be done overnight and has to be synced with design, dev and tester teams – which we are currently doing.

We are sure that our templates or extensions (most of it) would work by default with J 1.7 but we are not taking any chances and NOT SKIPPING the testing. The reason being to avoid quick version releases, which i know is pain to update for members ( i myself being a long time member).

Lastly, You guys need not worry as we are more worried about the same and supporting 3 versions of Joomla! at a same time is something we are trying to cope up with.

Arvind

itsnexgen Friend

<em>@drarvindc 257455 wrote:</em><blockquote>Pradeep, feedback, criticism is welcome and please feel free. You did not like Aug template fine, i personally liked it coz i can use it for purposes i have in my mind. I am sure your project requirements must be different. This is the very question faced by every club, How to please everyone every month? </blockquote>

Arvind, I absolutely agree with you. Let me put across in a better way :-

Personally I am a huge fan of JA.. I am really disappointed by designs coming through each month. Sometimes it resembles with older designs. Look at pretty old designs like cooper, Tube, Halite, Ruby for example.. These are absolutely true in design and each differently portrayed. I may be wrong, but my views expressed can always be corrected by you. I am expecting JA to be at top spot with unique designs usable by everyone.

I also like to add.. JA should cope with timelines as well. Example – JA Job Board has been pending for latest release since months..!! Just because its not released we cannot work or launch our projects! Everything matters even if minor.

Thank you.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Thanks for your input Pradeep,

You are welcome to make a new thread (general forum) of desired theme for the templates you wish from JA, I shall make sure that it reaches the designers. If the concept gets approved it would be worked upon.

Regarding JobBoard 1.5.3 is the stable release right? Yes we have not moved it to J 1.6 yet but its on the cards. Let me know if you have any bug reports for JobBoard, i shall get them lined up for quickfixes. Please feel free to raise such questions in the JobBoard forum.

Currently the focus in on J 1.7 ironis release and J 1.7 updates. We got to rebrand the whole site / demos / userguides / downloads / compare etc to reflect the J 1.7 changes and still make sure that no links break.

Arvind

joomlaturk Friend

@drarvindc
    please check this site.
    http://www.joomla.org/announcements/release-news/5380-joomla-170-released.html

Version joomla 1.6.5 will reach end of life on 19 August 2011.
    All users of version 1.6 should update to version 1.7.0 before that time.

this means joomla 1.6X will be dead meat in 2 weeks.
    in the mean time joomlart so busy upgrading JA templates to J16.5.

IMHO why do you waste your time to upgrade templates to j1.6.5.
    I can understand that J16.5 to J1.7 is only one click.
    it will be wiser if you spend your time to upgrade JA templates to J1.7 but not J1.6.5

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Joomlaturk,

Read again. I do not see any difference between J 1.6 and J 1.7. But bugs reported with J 1.6 will be seen in J 1.7 also. We got to fix them either now or later.. Do you want multiple releases for J 1.7 which fixes bugs reported with J 1.6 ?

Fix them for J 1.6.5 or J 1.7 is one in the same thing. Until we have all the other stuff ready the testing for J 1.7 can’t continue (read extensions testing and stuff). We are not wasting time rather making full use of it. J 1.7 versions will have only few files to update (if at all required).

We are fixing what is known issue for a product (irrelevant to platform). 99% of our members are still on J 1.6 and they need bug fixes before moving to J 1.7.

Does this makes it clear.

On a personal note i felt bit offended by your reply, not sure if i was not able to convey the message properly. All that is being done is keeping the member’s in view. Its not done on an adhoc basis, we got 1000’s of members to think about. We cant leave the reported bugs to be carried to J 1.7.

Be happy with J 1.6 versions and avoid the temptation to upgrade to J 1.7, there is little to gain but lot to lose at this moment.

Arvind

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum