Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I downloaded and installed JA Hawkstore quickstart and am trying to set up Custom fields to display on individual product pages – these custom fields are set up correctly, but are NOT displaying on product pages.

Here is a link to an item with custom fields: http://www.guillotineblades.com/index.php/shop/all-categories/knives-blades/albert368x38x8-detail

Note – if you Add to Cart on the above item, VM assumes the first item on the custom field list has been selected (“STANDARD” in the above example).

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. I upgraded the VM to 2.0.22a after installing from JA Hawkstore Quickstart.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi cirymarr,

Did you try to switch default template ( JA Hawkstore) to another standard Joomla template like bee5 then check whether that custom field displays or not? This will help you to locate where problem comes from, if it displays, then there would be problem with template, otherwise, you must check the configuration of VM itself.

I tried to install quickstart package of this template in my local and the custom field displays fine.

Regards

cirymarr Friend

Hi
    Yes, I switched the default template to beez5 and the custom fields display fine, indicating the issue is with the template.

I installed the quickstart of the JA Hawkstore in another webspace and the problem is still there.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Saguaros Moderator

It’s so weird, pm me admin and ftp account of your site, I will check it for you.

cirymarr Friend

Hi

I have PM’d you admin and FTP access.

I have also noticed that the VM Shopping Cart module on the sidebar-a position, when clicked, is displaying the product categories, and not the shopping cart (yet the menu item to display the shopping cart is working): http://www.guillotineblades.com/index.php/shop/all-categories/knives-blades

Bizarre.

cirymarr Friend

Hi
    Have you had a chance to look at this problem?

Regards
    Ciaran

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Ciaran,

Finally, I figured it out, this due to some css code of yellow theme: /templates/ja_hawkstore/css/themes/yellow/vmsite-ltr.css

I comment this code:

.addtocart-area .product-fields {
    -webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
    -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
    box-sizing: border-box;
    background: #000
    bottom: 500%;
    left: 0;
    padding: 20px;
    position: absolute;
    text-align: left;
    margin: 0 20px;
    opacity: 0;
    filter: alpha(opacity=0);
    display: none;
    -webkit-transition: all 0.4s ease-out 0.2s;
    -moz-transition: all 0.4s ease-out 0.2s;
    -o-transition: all 0.4s ease-out 0.2s;
    transition: all 0.4s ease-out 0.2s;
    }

The custom field is showing now, kindly have a look and let me know if this helps.

cirymarr Friend

Hi

Many thanks for that – I also notice that the “Show Cart” button (both on the sidebar-1 module and in mycart position) do not show the cart details when selected – they simply show a categories page. Why is this?

Regards

Ciaran

Saguaros Moderator

H Ciaran,

Did you try this add to cart function in defaul template? as I know this template doesn’t override this function of VM

danilarzan Friend

Hi,
    i’m facing the same problem: custom fields are not showed on item detail page. I’m using the deafult version of the hawk-store template and if i try to comment the lines you’ve indicated above, the custom field are shown but the page seems to miss the css and all the element go under the image…
    Could someone help me please?
    Thanksin advance!

Saguaros Moderator

@danilarzan,

Which theme are you using? pls also post your site’s URL here so that I can have a look.

itsoft Friend

Hi
    Im facing same problem, im sure there is issue with the template itself not with joomla or Virtuemart, i have tried everything i spent days on this but didnt work, when i add children products and plugin with stock control, the quantity box doesnt work anymore.
    please see pcprosales.net.au and see the prodcut eset smart security.

danilarzan Friend

@saguaros,
    hi, i’m using the hawk-store joomla template / default theme

danilarzan Friend

@saguaros

All is written in the ticket i’ve open days ago. Here it is the last message i’ve sent to nazario:
    “Hi Nazario,
    the problem is the same we started from: “display the custom field” in the detail page of the product. In the attached file you can see a product with two custom field which are not displayed…. I would like the custom fields to be seen on the detail page of the product, just because i need to set more prices for the same product.
    I would really appreciated if you let me know something soon…if you need more files, just tell me,
    THank you,
    Danilo”

If you can view the ticket, you can see an attached file too.

THANKS

Saguaros Moderator

Hi guys,

I just received PM from @itsoft, you can try with my workaround:
    – Open file: /templates/ja_hawkstore/css/vmsite-ltr.css
    – On line 177:

-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
    -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
    box-sizing: border-box;
    background: #000
    bottom: 500%;
    left: 0;
    padding: 20px;
    position: absolute;
    text-align: left;
    margin: 0 20px;
    opacity: 0;
    filter: alpha(opacity=0);
    display: none;
    -webkit-transition: all 0.4s ease-out 0.2s;
    -moz-transition: all 0.4s ease-out 0.2s;
    -o-transition: all 0.4s ease-out 0.2s;
    transition: all 0.4s ease-out 0.2s;
    }

pls change it to:

display: block;
    }

– On line 375:

.productdetails-view .addtocart-bar {
    margin: 20px 0 0;
    padding: 20px 0;
    border-top: 1px solid #e5e5e5
    border-bottom: 1px solid #e5e5e5
    }

change it to:

.productdetails-view .addtocart-bar {
    margin: 20px 0 0;
    padding: 20px 0;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #e5e5e5
    }

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 9 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum