Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

<em>@cgc0202 62203 wrote:</em><blockquote>Congratulations Menalto!
    Now, if only we know the solution. Could you please provide a more visual (step by step) procedure of the solution, Chris?
    </blockquote>

Would love to, but I haven’t got the faintest idea how he did it!!! 馃榾

questbg Friend

<em>@Menalto 62120 wrote:</em><blockquote>Get the beer ready, its almost weekend…. Now it works with the banner module;)</blockquote>
    Menalto

Last question on this subject … honest! 馃槈

Could you possibly give me the code to add to template.css to make 4 px of vertical space between the banners?

Thanks
    Chris

Menalto Friend

I added the 4px vertical space for you, but i left one thing for yourseslf to do.
    First what i did was to remove the user5 module from its place and move it above the
    <div id="ja-innerpad">
    , since its that one that caused some problems. Then i put a new div around the user5 module called “user5″( i named it user5 to make it easier f or you later on if you gonna do some changes in the css, since you then just can search for user5:)
    In the css i set it to a fluid width, but a fixed height(this is to push the tabs down).
    Now what i did was to give the images a litttle space was to add this:

#user5 a img {
    padding:2px 0;
    }

Since i gave the user5 module a new div called user5 around it, you have more flexibility to style it as you want, without be afraid to do changes to other parts of the site.
    If i added
    a img { padding: 2px 0; }
    in the css it would affect all images…

questbg Friend

Brilliant … absolutely brilliant! 馃榾

Can somebody clever mark this one ‘solved’ please 馃槈

questbg Friend

<em>@questbg 62328 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can somebody clever mark this one ‘solved’ please ;)</blockquote>

Thank you! 馃槑

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@Menalto 62318 wrote:</em><blockquote>I added the 4px vertical space for you, but i left one thing for yourseslf to do.
    First what i did was to remove the user5 module from its place and move it above the
    <div id="ja-innerpad">
    , since its that one that caused some problems. Then i put a new div around the user5 module called “user5″( i named it user5 to make it easier f or you later on if you gonna do some changes in the css, since you then just can search for user5:)
    In the css i set it to a fluid width, but a fixed height(this is to push the tabs down).
    Now what i did was to give the images a litttle space was to add this:

#user5 a img {
    padding:2px 0;
    }

Since i gave the user5 module a new div called user5 around it, you have more flexibility to style it as you want, without be afraid to do changes to other parts of the site.
    If i added
    a img { padding: 2px 0; }
    in the css it would affect all images…</blockquote>

This is what I have been saying all along, there is incompatibility in the divs — most likely a wrapper div. This happens from sloppy layout design, so that an errant mark up, or anything that is larger than that specified from the specifications can destroy a sloppy layout..

And, as you have shown Menalto, the solution is the addition of divs or moving stuff around.to be wrapped properly.

The big question now is that, unless this solution is shared properly to other customers, then the same problems will be asked over and over again.

Not to begrudge Chris, but if Joomlart does not update the scripts, or provide a comprehensive update though a revised version of of the QuickStart Kit then it is blatantly unfair that other customers will not have access to these fixes.

There must have been a dozen or more fixes for JA Teline II alone, based from the experience of various members.

Do we expect customers to be making a vigil in the forums , and then individually attempt to make this changes themselves?

Considering that the average user has difficulty to follow the simple QuickStart kit, which is basically straightoforward, how do we expect them to dive into the thickets of a php script, and attempt to make a more complex changes. A clueless user, who may not be aware that an errant or missing quotation, semi-color, etc., could destroy the whole script.

Just imagine the additional clamor for help arising from such attempts. I did this, I did that, my layout is messed up. Please help me.

There must be a better way.

Cornelio

cinthiapolanco Friend

<em>@questbg 62072 wrote:</em><blockquote>Done! 馃槈

PM en-route!</blockquote>
    Hi

Help me, please.

Yo me he leido toda la discusi贸n de arriba para solucionar el problema del desplazamiento de las posiciones de algunos m貌dulos planteados por Menalto en su JA Teline II. Trato de encontrar solucion a un problema similar que tengo con mi template JA Teline II, que no es el mismo de Menalto.

El problema que me ocurre en con la plantilla JA Teline II solo se presenta con el Internet Explorer, no con el Mozila Firefox.

Yo quiero lograr que mi “site” se vea por igual en Firefox e Internet Explorer. En la portada (Home Page), del Explorer se “desconfigura”, aunque en las dem脿s p脿ginas el m贸dulo 5 del video, se ve mal, como el de Menalto, con o sin banner publicitarios.

Les muestro como se ve en el Explorer:

Sin embargo, en el Mozilla Firefox se ve correcto:

Alguien tiene una idea de c貌mo resolver esta situaci贸n.

La soluci贸n aportada por Cris al problema de Menalto, no se ajusta a mi situaci贸n, al menos as铆 lo veo yo.

Abrazos a todos.

Cinthia

cgc0202 Friend

We really need Ana. 馃檪

anaivelisse Friend

Thanks, Cornelio-

Cinthia is having a headache with modules published in User5. And Menalto’s solution, which worked for Chris is not working for her.

Her problem is:

When she publishes a banner module in User5, it looks ok in FireFox but is pushed down in IE. There must be something in the CSS that is causing her problem and I imagine that it is related with specific widths and lengths in the module.

Menalto, come to the rescue!

Menalto Friend

Please give me the site url, and the changes she have done so far?

anaivelisse Friend

The url is http://ciudadoriental.net

I checked the site w/ firebug and the banner module is overlapping the video module.

Menalto Friend

The reason is that the banner module position does not have a height added, thats why it does that.
    Ask her if she can give me Super Admin access and i will do some small changes there.

anaivelisse Friend

I sent her a PM already.

You ARE a STAR!

cinthiapolanco Friend

<em>@anaivelisse 64350 wrote:</em><blockquote>I sent her a PM already.

You ARE a STAR!</blockquote>
    Ana Ivelise

Yo puedo enviarle el PW de super administrador a Menalto, solo tiene que darme su email.
    Abrazos

Cinthia

anaivelisse Friend

Enviaselo por Mensaje Priivado a su username.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  anaivelisse 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum