Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am beginning to question if this is a good and reliable product to use? And am very concerned and nervous to be handing a site off to a client because of this fact.

EVERYTIME I log into my clients site ( http://poolpurewater.com/ ) to make some changes its a new problem after another because of your updates?

The latest problem is that I logged in and was prompted to upgrade so I did. But now my main menu in the editor simply displays "Cannot render block [block.header.header-02-3] No template to render [block.header.header-02-3.0 – block.header.header-02-3]"? See attached screenshot.

In fact this problem was not even caused by the JA Builder upgrade but some update you must have pushed over because I restored the site from a back up and went into JA Builder to discover the same issue without doing the JA Builder upgrade?

In the Ja Builder editor, I do not dare click publish because it will obviously screw up the site and I fear remove the main navigation which is still displaying correctly on the front end because I have not clicked publish.

Also, I did NOT update to Joomla 3.7 yet incase your wondering because I know that has you are all working overtime to fix those issues.

Can you please help?

1. Screen-Shot-2017-05-17-at-8.09.28-PM

Sincerely,
    Brandon Cardone

Tor Friend

Same for me, have the same problem after upgrade. http://magnenorheim.no/ I published the page and now the menu is missing, only says "null" (zero in norwegian)

Regards Tor

Tor Hølleland
    Nye nettsider - hjemmesider
    https://atlanta.no

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

@ Brandon: I can’t access your site now, could you update the login info again so I will have a look?

@tor: you can create a new topic and share the login info of your site so we can help you out.

Regards

card1concepts Friend

My apologies! I created the user access before I restored my site from a backup!

I have tested the login access I provided you already, please try logging in again and thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
    Brandon Cardone

Saguaros Moderator

As I can see that you’re using an old version of JA Builder, did you try to take a backup of your site and update the latest version for Builder?

card1concepts Friend

My apologies, I perhaps did not make it clear enough in my initial post? But if you re-read it you will see that I did upgrade in hopes that this would fix the problem but it did not so I restored my site from a back up.

But to to show you this is an issue greater than just upgrading JA Builder I went ahead and did so again, and the problem still persists.

Can you please help figure out what is going on? Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    Brandon Cardone

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Brandon,

Could you also share the FTP account for further checking?

card1concepts Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.

Sincerely,
    Brandon Cardone

Saguaros Moderator

Thanks for the info, let me check and will get back to you.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Brandon,

Pls wait for the new release version of template, the team is undergoing test new feature and bug fixes, it would work.

Your patience is much appreciated.

Regards

card1concepts Friend

Oddly I am NOT getting email notifications on this thread? This has actually happened on other threads too. So it has been hard to follow along and I end up having to log in periodically to see if there have been any replies. And I have always made sure the "Notify Me of follow-up replies via email" is checked?

Anyway, I fully understand things happen and I’m fine with that and can personally wait. BUT, I really need to hand the site over to my client and can not do so until you fix the bugs! I am trying to be patient but do you have any kind of ETA on those updates and or how will I even know when they are ready? Becuase as of right now the only way I am going to know is to keep logging into the site in hopes that there is an upgrade and that it will fix the issue in question.

Finally, I hope you can understand my reluctance to want to continue using your JA Builder product when it seems like every other day something major is breaking due to a bug or an update and the long term stability of this product comes into question, especially when I am putting it into the hands of my clients at the end of the day.

What I thought would be a time saving development tool for me and an easy editing tool for my clients to use to update their own sites, has turned into some very lengthy forum posts on my part to get things resolved several times already. And that adds up to a lot of my time wasted. It also leaves me concerned to hand over such an unstable product into the hands of my clients who are not going to be relied on to remember to perform backups before upgrading or even know what to do when something does break like this. Other than contact me to complain and most likely expect an immediate fix which makes me look bad as a business owner.

Please do not take this post as a ranting complaint, but more of a review of what I find as a real user of your product that frustrates me the most and that you take my frustration and criticism, and use it to improve your product for everyone. I always thank you for your time in helping me with my issues in this forum, although I just wish I did not have to keep asking for help so much in the forum with all of these bugs and fixes. For the most part I think JA Builder has the potential to be a great tool, I just hope you can figure out a way to reduce the buggy issues and release more reliable and stable upgrades and versions and ultimately a solid product that can be handed off to a client in confidence that they will not be calling in a week to complain that it’s broke again.

Sincerely,
    Brandon Cardone

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Brandon,

We always welcome all of your comments / reviews for our products, it indeed helps us much to improve product and we really appreciate your thoughts.

For the new version, the team is updating feature and bug fixes for new version and do hope it will be released on next Monday. In the meantime, you can apply my suggestion in this topic in which I added a new header block again into site and remove the current block but note that you backup your changes for old block.

Regards

card1concepts Friend

I had thought of doing that and actually tried it, but the adding in a new header seems to not work either?

It does show up but is not styled the same as before. I can not get rid of the logo area and when I change it to render the main menu module it squishes it into the header area? I even tried making the container as large as I can but it just does not want to configure the same way I had it before with NO logo and the menu spanning the full width of the page. See attached screenshot.

And so based on that are you even sure your updates are going to actually fix this? Becuase it looks like you completely redesigned the header 2.3 and I assume that is why I am getting the render error message and why when I try to add it back in it is most definitely NOT the same as before.

1. header-issue

Sincerely,
    Brandon Cardone

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Brandon,

There is new version of JA Builder available, did you try to take a backup and update to this latest version?

card1concepts Friend

Hello,

Just tried the upgrade to 1.0.6 and now it is even worse than before?????

I don’t know if it is you when you logged in earlier today which my user logs show? Or the upgrade but now my header I had set up with a logo is completely missing in the back end editor and the header with the menu is completely screwed up?????????

I DO NOT DARE click publish becuase it will screw up what I currently have in place on the front end and how the site SHOULD look before all this happened and will point out was almost 2 weeks ago!!!

I am seriously starting to get a frustrated here and am trying to not get angry. This has been going on for WAY to long now and only getting worse not better?

Now that the supposed upgrades have been rolled out as I feared they are not doing a damn thing to help this situation and so now what are you going to do to rectify this?I am wondering how much longer this will take for you to help fix or if you even can?

1. Screen-Shot-2017-05-30-at-9.29.45-AM
    2. Screen-Shot-2017-05-30-at-9.35.13-AM

Sincerely,
    Brandon Cardone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum