Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

How should we update to this version? What do we need to do?

I saw the structure and it is completely different from the one I have installed. :-[

I checked the extension manager and i don’t see the same files compared to this 1.0.0 version.

I have J 2.5.14 running on xampp, not on a live site.

Thanks for any advice 🙂

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>How should we update to this version? What do we need to do?</blockquote>

You can use the Ja Extension_Manager component to update your template and check all differences between 2 templates

myuption Friend

I checked using the Extension Manager, but the folder structure is quite different from the file I downloaded, it doesn’t matter? And the files also seem to be different.

The latest version available via JA Extension Manager is 2.5.9 from 2013-07-04 and the t3 1.0.0 is from September, no?

Thanks

bveditor Friend

I am having the same issue. The files and general set up are COMPLETELY different. I had to use a backup to get the site working again. An installation guide for this version would be nice, as this is like installing an altogether new template.

pavit Moderator

Hi

<blockquote>The latest version available via JA Extension Manager is 2.5.9 from 2013-07-04 and the t3 1.0.0 is from September, no?</blockquote>

There are 2 versions of the template because every version will run on a different T3 framework version.

Old T3V2 template cannot be the same of the new T3V3 version, that is running on T3V3 Framework Plugin

phong nam Friend

Hey guys,

Our QA team has been working to complete the detailed document to guide you how to upgrade correctly the current JA Nex template to new version running on T3v3 plugin. This document will be available next few days as soon as after we are going to release this October template. Hope all you guys can be patient for it.

myuption Friend

Thanks, will wait patiently :laugh:

myuption Friend

Hello, any updates on this? 🙂

phong nam Friend

Hi myuption,

I am really sorry for the incorrect confirmation above. T3 and T3v2 have the big differences in template layout control and integrated features (Boostrap, Less …) so that the site can not be upgraded directly from old T3v2 version. It is recommend to be installed as a new site.

By that reason, we has already canceled to publish the documentation on upgrading the new JA Nex T3 template. However, you still can move to the new JA Nex update by following these steps:

– Backup the old JA Nex T3v2 site.
    – Install JA Nex T3 on a new directory (Quickstart is recommended).
    – Move the olde modification to new JA Nex T3 site and make sure that you had time to refer our T3v3 framework documentations.

myuption Friend

Aww… and how should I approach the content on my current site? I have hundreds of items. How can I make a quickstart installation and then have my site run again on the new Ja NEX 🙁

phong nam Friend

Hi myuption,

Truly, it is not a simple task to move the content and modification to new JA Nex T3 site from old JA Nex runs on T3v2. However, I would like to list the main steps you can refer:

– Go to phpAdmin of the current JA Nex site and export the _content , _content_frontpage, _content_rating tables to .sql file.

– Download and install the JA Nex T3 quickstart. You can refer the below tips to install a JA quickstart for J2.5 and J3.x.

Make sure that the current JA Nex and new JA Nex T3 site runs on the same Joomla version.

– Open the phpAdmin of new JA Next T3 site and import the .sql file into. Make sure that you changed the database prefix of it with the same one of new site.

Note: Make sure you did take a backup before moving the current site content.

myuption Friend

Thanks Leo!

So, basically, I’d install quickstart, then upgrade joomla on my old site to make both sites run the same Joomla version, then export those tables with drop table settings and import them in the new site.

Am I right? 😉

Happy New Year!

phong nam Friend

Hi myuption,

Not really. The new JA Nex T3 template is compatible completely on both Joomla 2.5.x and 3.x. I recommend you to install the J2.5 quickstart of this template and not need to upgrade the Joomla yet.

<blockquote>Make sure that the current JA Nex and new JA Nex T3 site runs on the same Joomla version. </blockquote>
    This is a note I just want to make sure that the content can be imported correctly. However, you was using the Joomla 2.5.x on old site and you will install the JA Nex T3 on J2.5.x. There is no need to upgrade here.

myuption Friend

Now, I’m confused with all the downloads, I got jatc_nex_t3_j25, that’s the file? Because once installed, it says in JA Extension Manager:

T3 Framework 2.0.2 20 December 2013

Thanks

phong nam Friend

The jatc_nex_t3_j25 (39.5M size) is the quickstart package of JA Nex T3 template that needs to be installed directly on your server as a new website. You can perform a JA Quickstart J2.5 easily by referring this tip http://www.joomlart.com/blog/tutorials/how-to-clone-the-demo-using-quickstart-installation-a-step-by-step-guide

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum