Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I hope Joomlart is working on the updates of the templates to be compatible with Joomla 1.5.17, including the Quickstart versions.

Joomla 1.5.17 is a “Security Update”, released on 24 April 2010. It is imperative to update. Since it is a “Security Update”, so most likely the template component may not be affected that much. Thus, unless you are creating new sites, for now, it is sufficient to download the corresponding Upgrade Package, e.g., in the Joomla_1.5.15_to_1.5.17-Stable-Patch_Package, unpack and just upload.

If you re using any of the Joomlart template, you may want to remove the other templates in the template directory of the unpacked Joomla Update package before you upload.

CGC

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Cornelio,

Glad to see you back. Yes, JA Norite is coming with J 1.5.17 and other quickstarts will be updated soon.

btw, J 1.5.17 is released on 27/04/10. J 1.5.16 was released on 24/05/10.

Regards

Arvind

cgc0202 Friend

Hi Arvind,

Yes, the last time I checked Joomla, in late March, there was no upgrade since Joomla 1.5.15.

For now, I simply updated the Joomla component of some of my older Joomla v1.5.15-Teline II sites. And they seem to work.

I updated also a very old site (Joomla v1.5.7 — Teline II) directly to Joomla 1.5.17l there was no problem arising, unlike during the early versions of the Teline II.

There seem to be changes in the handling of images — with respect to JA News Frontpage, JA News and Hot Topic — in earlier versions of the Teline II (up to before the latest version).

The larger images are not scaling automatically and propertly to the appropriate images in the latest versions of the JA News Frontpage, JA News and Hot Topic. I have been wanting to report this in the Teline II forum, but I just did not have time to do so yet.

My family is working on a major project right now, and I have been doing some feasibility studies since October last year. I hope it will bear fruit sometime this year, maybe around July or August. I wanted to create a new site for the project, that was why I visited tonight.

Cornelio

<em>@drarvindc 176424 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Cornelio,

Glad to see you back. Yes, JA Norite is coming with J 1.5.17 and other quickstarts will be updated soon.

btw, J 1.5.17 is released on 27/04/10. J 1.5.16 was released on 24/05/10.

Regards

Arvind</blockquote>

eruzak Friend

How can we find the joomla version at the “NEW – JA Versioning, Comparison, Update ” system?
    Anyone can tell me that?

regards.

drarvindc;176424Hi Cornelio,

btw, J 1.5.17 is released on 27/04/10. J 1.5.16 was released on 24/04/10.

Regards

Arvind

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear eruzak,

JA Norite is released with J 1.5.17. All the other quickstarts will be soon updated and announced on the blog.
    Quickstarts do not have versions and so such update will not reflect in the Update.joomlart.com site.

Regards

Arvind

didima Friend

just updated mine and works alright

cgc0202 Friend

Thanks for the update for the Quickstart Kit for Joomla 1.5.17-Teline II. Just checked today.

Cornelio

zao dao Friend
    Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Thanks Zaodao,

For those who have upgraded and facing problem with plugins >> http://blog.joomlatools.eu/2010/05/advising-to-not-upgrade-to-joomla.html

Regards

Arvind

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 13 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum