Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Greetings.
    Using ja-elastica

I have a 3 deep unordered list on this page here: http://www.pioneercoop.ca/index.php/agro/equipment
    that refuses to allow indenting of the sub-items (child/nested?). I’ve looked long and hard for something to add to this:

ul li {
    background: url(../images/bullet.png) no-repeat 15px 5px;
    line-height: 160%;
    overflow: hidden;
    margin-bottom: 5px;
    padding-left: 30px;
    }

But I’m getting no success. 🙁 Sorry about the simple question but…what am I doing wrong…or, better yet, why isn’t it displaying sub-bullets properly?

Thanks!

Joell

Luna Garden Moderator

Hello Joell,

I think you got the wrong structure of ul li.

It should be like this:

<ul>
    <li>Tag Li 1</li>
    <li>Tag Li 2

<ul>
    <li>Sub Li 1</li>
    <li>Sub Li 2

<ul>
    <li>Sub sub Li1</li>
    <li>Sub Sub Li 2</li>
    </ul>

</li>
    <li>Sub Li 3</li>
    </ul>

</li>
    <li>Tag Li 3</li>
    </ul>

jhaugan Friend

I’m letting TinyMCE do the formatting…. so is there a setting that I’ve messed up somewhere?
    Actually, tried creating a similar list in Seamonkey with the same result. Tried it as strict HTML bypassing TimyMCE…and same result.
    Pasted the exact code on to another website with a different template…and it works fine. So, it’s gotta be the template… I’m thinking.

Thanks for the help!

jhaugan Friend

…and further to this… after pasting in your code the list works fine. So, am I gonna have to fix lists every time I make them? That’s gonna get old fast.

jhaugan Friend

Well, I’ve fiddled with this for too long and have it indenting but with weirdness. Was forced to run it through cleanup HTML just to get it to work..even as it is. I guess I need to go with another template…but I assume that other JA templates will suffer the same issue.

jhaugan Friend

I had to fix the production page by hand… but here’s a test page.
    http://pioneercoop.ca/index.php/2-uncategorised/118

Note..I simply used tinyMCE to create this simple bulleted list.

Luna Garden Moderator

Hello,

<blockquote> I guess I need to go with another template…but I assume that other JA templates will suffer the same issue. </blockquote>

How can you make it for sure when your code adding is not the right structure HTML.

<blockquote>I’m letting TinyMCE do the formatting…. so is there a setting that I’ve messed up somewhere?
    Actually, tried creating a similar list in Seamonkey with the same result. Tried it as strict HTML bypassing TimyMCE…and same result. </blockquote>

You can go to this link to know the right format for order list, it’s easy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luna Garden 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum