Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author

ZooDC;62869odd posts…I thought there’d be a correlation…

correlation between what? mfcphil basically got the killing argument.

As a prospective member you are not aware that JA lives on demo sales, that is basically what mfcphil said ‘all templates are sold as is’.

but I am still very iffy on that – does anyone know where I could find a JA license agreement?

Their FAQ states – “You will have an account to access Templates Club Member Forums – Restricted to Members where you can get support if you have any problem using our templates.”

Since it does not state that the support is by other members and unpaid moderators, one would assume that the forum is where you would get official support.

but as my email just informed me courtesy of mfcphil – section 9 in the TOU states – if you purchase you are stuck with what you get.

Of course there are underlaying argument that bring forth ethical and reasonable expectations by their paying members.

As a side note – looking at RTs TOU – section 13 is basically a verbatim copy but they seem to be able to find the time, money and resources to support their members. Go figure.

–Tone

zoodc Friend

so you’ve brough up your concerns to a group of random members…how many times have you contacted Hung? I’ve seen him post multiple times requesting feedback…basically giving an open invitation for you to bring your concerns straight to the top…

I’m just questioning the productivity of your posts…what are you hoping will be the result of them? If you want the developers to do something different…ask Hung…don’t ask me…I’m a member who reads the forum (like the majority of people who have read your post)…from a logical standpoint I can see contacting Hung turning out to be much more productive than explaining to a lot of members and a few moderators…

shackbase Friend

uhm… I am sorry – where did you see me ask you for anything?

And yes, I have contacted Hung in the past and got no replies – so your point is what?

And… well, it is kind of funny (smile worthy atleast).. but as mfcphil put it by invoking the TOU. The forums are our only line of support. So wouldn’t you say I am following that agreement by making my voice heard?

As far as I am concerned you kind of just dropped in and started telling me what I am doing is wrong, but you haven’t really said much of why I am wrong. shrug

cgc0202 Friend

Guys, Gals, or …

I won’t name names but some of the posts here are getting personal. If you wish to argue your points do it based on the logic or lack thereof, on the part of who you are have a difference of opinions with.

Considering the amount of time we spent here, if we get paid, some of us may earn $20-$50 an hour, or more. So, spending 2-3 hours would be enough to pay for a year’s Joomlart membership — 10-20 hours would be more than enough a year of Developer account.

I did my assignment and looked at many of the template companies before I became a member of Joomlart. First, I just wanted one of the templates — the original JA Teline. I considered that template was worth more than the $70 that I paid. I could have been satisfied with just 3 month membership. I opted for a year’s membership because I needed it for at least three domains. As it turned out, non-profits are not counted in the quota.

In fact, I left Joomlart, as I stated before, from early February and came back only in mid May 2008 when they came up with JA Teline II. I paid iJoomla for their Magazine portal ($70) that I did not even use because it is too cumbersome.

So, to get the original Teline and Teline II is a bargain, as far as I am concerned.

I have no desire to spend my time crusading against Joomlart, even if they did not turn out to be as I wish them to be. Instead of crusading against them, I focus my effort instead in finding ways whereby I can still get what I want, and if possible work with Joomlart, when they can produce a template that I want.

There was a time, when I can least afford it, I did not accept a full time, all expenses paid fellowship to study anywhere in the world for 5-6 years, longer if justified. At today’s sinking dollars it would be something like not accepting ($300-400K) depending on the school. But, in the end, in front of the whole committee, I told the person who was trying to put me down that she can do what she wanted with the fellowship but I will not let her intimidate me in front of other people. She and her husband hid a fellowship from me a year before so that they could give it to their protege — and was trying to derail me again. Had I wanted to pick a fight, I would have won because I have powerful backers. I was assured of the fellowship because it was the Department Chairman itself who got it for me, and I was the most qualified.

At that moment though, it was more important to me to let people know that there are other things more important, like your dignity — to let powerful people know that you are cowered because they think they have power and can use it against you. It was a decision I never had second thought about at the moment, or ever since, even if it had impact on my future, and my family that had ramifications to this day.

What I realized at the moment I made my decision, in a split second, was that we always have choices — even if it looked so grim sometimes, given the alternatives.

I could have been bitter because that might as well been a billion dollars for me at the time, something that i would never have earned working back home. I could have made a crusade of making them look bad, but that is not my style, nor a priority of my limited time.

As fate would have it, the choice I made turned out better. When I had to make another choice many years later, I did not have to be encumbered with the obligations, had I accepted the fellowship.

Sure, we should stand out of principle. Just remember that in every choice we make that take our time for a crusade, we lose that time for other things that are more important.

If I had the time to spare, I would rather focus my attention for example, on how to participate in deciding the outcome of the coming US Presidential election, other than just voting. But, it looks that I might not have that much time to spare.

Some of us are repeating ourselves already. So, this will be my last post in this thread.

Cornelio

zoodc Friend

good point, there’s no need for me to be making personal remarks…I’ll wrap it up for the day…

shackbase Friend

yeah I was getting kinda tired of it too – and it took away from the whole point anyways… 🙂

VisiGod Friend

Cornelio, I would recommend you to shut the ****. You and one other member are just writting*****too much without stating anything. Avoid your “summarizations”, avoid your “lists” and else. None needs them.

Be aware that most of the people agree that mentality diseases should be cured when possible.

Now back to the point:
    – I clearly understand the TOU
    – I clearly understand that there is nothing illegal JA is doing
    – I clearly understand that AS IS
    – I clearly don’t understand what kind of idiot you should be to not fix your product when some (not you) found a bug and a solution
    – I clearly don’t understand why someone would not care about their customers opinion
    – I clearly understand that it is not a template club, it is a financial piramyd, where the main business goal is to attract more new people (they pay much on joining, rather than in renew), that is the business “demo” logic.

And finally, I purely disagree with the statement on the frontpage stating:
    20xxx satisfied members – this is missleading and according to the laws in every normal country (where I believe Vietnam is not one) JA is obliged to state the number of the NOT SATISFIED MEMBERS. And yes, just because I paid them, doesn’t turns me into one of these 20xxx satisfied members. NO I AM NOT.
    JA never asked me, if I am satisfied or not – so they can not advertise themselves on my behalf.

Last, but not least, there is no option to change the rules (to any idiot that suggests that) – there is a formal trade agreement and no change to one template per month is possible till all of the active members do not agree on that.

This is one of my latest warnings here in the forum. If JA does not respond to their members immediatelly with an action plan (with dates within 1-2 months), how the things are going to change, I will start writing … outside of JA. And my pages have pretty good PR, which will make JA to suffer. That’s it.
    And I believe a lot of other members here will follow me.

sea dog Friend

Don’t get me wrong, some of the JA’s templates are amongst the most usable out of all the template clubs – I just want some variety and not rehashes with the same colour themes, typography etc release after release. I would certainly not be adverse to say a 3 month trial of one template a month (providing my membership was extended accordingly) to see if it increased the quality.

zoodc Friend

<em>@VisiGod 62919 wrote:</em><blockquote> I clearly don’t understand </blockquote>

VisiGod, it’s like christmas every time you post!

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)

This topic contains 69 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  zoodc 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum