Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

If I was to suggest Pre-Made Typography for inclusion with new Templates I’d probably go for

Links with

• links with external icons
    • P Class Media
    • P Class RSS Feed
    • P Class Secure

But to be honest, most of the Typography I use in sites are custom made for those sites.

EDIT: ja_rutile Actually has the RSS feed one.. Dont know why they put it in that one, and not in the others?

beastmode54 JA JobBoard

I renewed my Devlp. Linc. for this….not the worst template but clearly not a contender for the best. JA is still great…..but i just dont like this template out of the box. But it looks like you can custom it pretty easly.

belial Friend

I like me this template, elegant and beautiful…
    is not quite original; other clubs showed something very similar, but that doesn`t diminish the merit.

missing more backgrounds, although that is our job as web designers ;)… this template is very easy to customize, we can create an infinite number of variations and looks, simply by changing the background image!

pferrol Friend

is very beautifull templeta. I buy it now.
    thank you

sfpkent Friend

<em>@swemmel 91670 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi All,

First I want to say that I like this template. Yes, I agree, that it looks like other templates. But looks is something you can customize.

About asking new typography. Be more specific. Tell them what you want. Explain. The way you ask it now like asking: I want another template. What exactly do you want to see? Other fonts, more variants in module-styles, different ordered lists etc. </blockquote>

100% agree with you, even I may not use this template, but I like it, I like the structure of the template. How the template look, depends on how to customize it. Expert will only solve problem not complain the problem. 🙂

Kent

carlucci Friend

A very nice web, congratulations

jequalo Friend

I don’t like it at all!! I’ve seen much better templates… I think the templates are kinda getting old I mean come up with something totally different!! I loved Ja Trona and Ja Sanidine, but not much more than that.. I’ve seen templates at Gavick.com and those templates look much more professional… I’m not a developer, but I am a photographer and I love design and I do know when something looks great or not! There’s no template for photographers to showcase their photo’s… I think for the money that we as members pay to get these templates Joomlart should be doing a much better job at listening to their clients an even better job at developing these template and an even better job at supporting us as clients! I’m not a happy client and I regret becoming a one year member.

:((

duclh Friend

Showcase template ? I think it’s good idea, and I belive JoomlArt team will deverlop this template in near future :). Let’s wait.

sfpkent Friend

<em>@jequalo 91792 wrote:</em><blockquote>I don’t like it at all!! I’ve seen much better templates… I think the templates are kinda getting old I mean come up with something totally different!! I loved Ja Trona and Ja Sanidine, but not much more than that.. I’ve seen templates at Gavick.com and those templates look much more professional… I’m not a developer, but I am a photographer and I love design and I do know when something looks great or not! There’s no template for photographers to showcase their photo’s… I think for the money that we as members pay to get these templates Joomlart should be doing a much better job at listening to their clients an even better job at developing these template and an even better job at supporting us as clients! I’m not a happy client and I regret becoming a one year member.

:((</blockquote>

You are a photographer and you love design, doesn’t mean that you are know something looks great or not. Everyone has his own perception, own way of judging something, own thinking, own way of evaluating something. You think this template is no good for you but I already use this template to design for my customer and he just paid me USD3000.

From my life experience, loser always keep complaining about problem while winner always ask him/herself how to turn the problem to solution.

scotty Friend

jequalo;91792I don’t like it at all!! I’ve seen much better templates… I think the templates are kinda getting old I mean come up with something totally different!! I loved Ja Trona and Ja Sanidine, but not much more than that.. I’ve seen templates at Gavick.com and those templates look much more professional… I’m not a developer, but I am a photographer and I love design and I do know when something looks great or not! There’s no template for photographers to showcase their photo’s… I think for the money that we as members pay to get these templates Joomlart should be doing a much better job at listening to their clients an even better job at developing these template and an even better job at supporting us as clients! I’m not a happy client and I regret becoming a one year member.

:((

Completely disagree.

BTW: Gavick’s last 3 templates look exactly the same.

jequalo Friend

<em>@sfpkent 91800 wrote:</em><blockquote>You think this template is no good for you but I already use this template to design for my customer and he just paid me USD3000.</blockquote>

😉 Good for you…

<em>@sfpkent 91800 wrote:</em><blockquote>From my life experience, loser always keep complaining about problem while winner always ask him/herself how to turn the problem to solution.</blockquote>

Why do you call me a loser? Because I have an opinion? Can’t I have my opinion? I don’t like the template, because since I became a member there is no template for designers or photographers at al!! And I pay to get what I pay for not to be dissatisfied every month again… If you like it and can use it for your purposes good for you!! So there’s reason for name calling…

peace…

bennitos Friend

Ok lets relax some 🙂

Some ppl will like this one some dont, im not too impressed myself because i feel i can get the same result with customising some of the other templates already available.

For some customising isnet a very good option and then a template like this is a good option. And some will just like this template because its a matter of taste.

No need in trying to confinse others that its good or that it isnt good everyone is entitled to their own opionion without having to be attacked or being critisised by it.

I believe that in the end JA provides enough templates so everyone can find a couple you really like…. Dont have to love them all just a handfull with do.

The comment i made about the typography in the start, ofcourse i do know that i can make my own without a lot of work. But there are enough members around who dont know how to, and for JA its so easy to put some extra in when a lot of members are asking for it.

I like reading topics like this as its quite obvious that a template designer never can do good for all as templates are a matter of taste. Its funny to see that when i dont like something that others totally love it 🙂

scotty Friend

Jequalo, many of the joomlart templates are suitable for a photographers show site INCLUDING Uvite. Your problem is you want someone to hand you a ready made site. You are not willing (or maybe not able) to customise a template into the design you want.

JequaloI think for the money that we as members pay to get these templates Joomlart should be doing a much better job at listening to their clients an even better job at developing these template and an even better job at supporting us

LOL! You paid $70 and you can use templates on 2 domains plus you get 12 months support! What do you want for a mere $70!!

Buying a template is just the first building blocks… you have to do the rest yourself or pay someone to do it for you (Sfpkent will do you one for $3K ;)). But don’t expect to get a site exactly to your needs for $70!!!

Honestly, anyone who looks at JA Uvite and thinks it is a bad template needs their head examined!!!

scotty Friend

Well said Bennitos!! ^^

It is fine to say “I don’t like it” but saying it is rubbish or it is not good enough is wrong.

bennitos Friend

<em>@scotty 91844 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well said Bennitos!! ^^

It is fine to say “I don’t like it” but saying it is rubbish or it is not good enough is wrong.</blockquote>

True :), its just hard when some members just see a template as a guideline and some see a template as a total sollution for their needs.

In the end the client is king anyways, wouldnt be the first time to talk with a client when i think PLEASE dont pick that one, and that they go WOW i love that one 😉

Every template is good to work with in the end. But members who expect to get a specific sollution to their needs without having to change it much need to have some more patiance as designers cant get in your head and there a lot of requests and you will have to be lucky to find one that suits your needs.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

This topic contains 33 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  sfpkent 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum