Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

<em>@glenng 457025 wrote:</em><blockquote>Excellent!! Thank you very much indeed!!</blockquote>

Happy to be of assistance . . . All the best with your continuing site development. 🙂

glenng Friend

@tomc one more question about the main issue. I am editing css file (t3-assets/css) to change the theme color though all the time it backs to its original colors in a different css file. Am I editing wrong file(s)?

TomC Moderator

<em>@glenng 457139 wrote:</em><blockquote>@TomC one more question about the main issue. I am editing css file (t3-assets/css) to change the theme color though all the time it backs to its original colors in a different css file. Am I editing wrong file(s)?</blockquote>

Yes, because if you ever go to update your template and/or core t3 files, it will overwrite that t3-assets file with the new info – effectively erasing anything you modified.

This is why I always recommend the CUSTOM.CSS method.

glenng Friend

@tomc So may I paste all codes into custom.css or is there any example to assist me to change theme colors?

TomC Moderator

It’s probably best to create a new color theme altogether – AS DESCRIBED HERE – and then cut/paste and modify the relative CSS rules and color-codes from there.

glenng Friend

@tomc I can see the customised theme on ThemeMagic but when I check the web site it’s still show the old color. Could you please check the folders? If needed I can send the access info again.

TomC Moderator

<em>@glenng 457225 wrote:</em><blockquote>@TomC I can see the customised theme on ThemeMagic but when I check the web site it’s still show the old color. Could you please check the folders? If needed I can send the access info again.</blockquote>

I’m not completely certain how things are supposed to display (color wise) and/or which color code(s) you are using for your “grey” theme. Maybe a mock-up screenshot?

glenng Friend

I have used #C0C0C0 as a brand primary color on ThemeMagic. I might do something wrong abotu ‘Compile LESS to CSS’. I have cust copied and added all css files into the new grey folder on /css/themes/grey.

Compile LESS to CSS

After customizing theme, please compile LESS to CSS. The new theme CSS files will be located in templates/t3_bs3_blank/css/themes/dark-copy

TomC Moderator

<em>@glenng 457246 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    After customizing theme, please compile LESS to CSS. The new theme CSS files will be located in templates/t3_bs3_blank/css/themes/dark-copy
    </blockquote>

Well, after copying the CSS files, you need to modify the color codes for the various elements to fit the color theme you’re going for. A great tool to help you identify the appropriate CSS rules is .

glenng Friend

@tomc All ok now – plus I have learned one more thing 🙂 Thanks a lot!!

TomC Moderator

<em>@glenng 457261 wrote:</em><blockquote>@TomC All ok now – plus I have learned one more thing 🙂 Thanks a lot!!</blockquote>

. . . . and that’s what it’s all about. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum