Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Hi, is there any way to use a different color rather than using current color options?

pavit Moderator

<em>@glenng 456930 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, is there any way to use a different color rather than using current color options?</blockquote>

Hi

You can create a new theme and add it to the template

HERE you can find a detailed userguide

glenng Friend

It seems bit complicated though I will try. Thank you!

TomC Moderator

<em>@glenng 456999 wrote:</em><blockquote>It seems bit complicated though I will try. Thank you!</blockquote>

Well, the other way would be to go through the CSS of one of the existing color themes and modifying the color for every CSS rule that has a color code for that particular color theme. It will take a little time, but the benefit is not having to create an entire new theme.

A hybrid of the two methods would be to create the new color theme file and then cut-and-paste the CSS from an existing color theme into the new one … and THEN modify the relative CSS rules with your new color code(s).

Make Sense ??

glenng Friend

Thank you @tomc , in fact I was doing the same right now. By the way, I had asked about how to extend the menu how to create custom.css file? Do I need to paste only

.navbar-default {
    width: 700px;
    }

or it should be added within a specific code?

TomC Moderator

<em>@glenng 457006 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you @TomC , in fact I was doing the same right now. By the way, I had asked about how to extend the menu how to create custom.css file? Do I need to paste only

.navbar-default {
    }

or it should be added within a specific code?</blockquote>

Try pasting that within your custom.css file — file path /templates/ja_bookshop/css/custom.css

glenng Friend

@tomc I have created a custom.css file and added the code only but then all menu dropped. I would like to give access code though you will need VPN. Is there any otherway to extend menu?

TomC Moderator

<em>@glenng 457013 wrote:</em><blockquote>@TomC I have created a custom.css file and added the code only but then all menu dropped. I would like to give access code though you will need VPN. Is there any otherway to extend menu?</blockquote>

Is your site not online to where you can share the url?

glenng Friend

@tomc Not sure if you can see, here is the link http://www-test.brais.ac.uk/

TomC Moderator

Add this to your custom.css file:

navbar-nav {
    }

Better ??

glenng Friend

Nothing changed. I am not sure if I am doing the right though. Sorry to take your time.

1. Clipboard02
    TomC Moderator

<em>@glenng 457019 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Nothing changed. I am not sure if I am doing the right though. Sorry to take your time.</blockquote>

If you send me a PM with temporary login info, I will try to look for you

glenng Friend

I have just sent. Thank you!

TomC Moderator

Okay, I set up your custom.css file for you — file path: /templates/ja_bookshop/css/custom.css – and entered the CSS rule I recommended for you. Check your site now to see if that’s better – and/or if there are additional adjustments you would like to have.

glenng Friend

Excellent!! Thank you very much indeed!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum