Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi
    Kindly update the T3 plugin and template to the latest version to fix this issue.
    It seems you are using the outdated version of T3 and template that is not ready for latest Joomla.

Regards

digitalmedia Friend

Thanks so much.

Where can I find detailed instructions to do so in the easiest way without losing my changes?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    If you had changes in the custom.css file it will not be overridden.
    You can use local folder in the template to override the template files. for example, copy the css folder in the local folder, Now it will be an override for the core css folder.

Regards

digitalmedia Friend

Thanks for the help, I hope to disturb you for the last time.

I started this site using the "quickstart" download released in October 2015 with purity iii version 1.1.5.

The few changes that I made are in the custom.css file in “..templates/purity_iii/css/custom.css”

And in the local folder in

“../templates/purity_iii/local/html/mod_footer/default.php”

and

“../templates/purity_iii/local/tpls/blocks/footer.php”

Now I downloaded the latest version 1.2.0 of May 2017.

1) If I understand correctly, to update the template, I must upload only the template contained in the file "purity_iii.v1.2.0.zip" in the folder “../templates/purity_iii/” present on the site by overwriting the content, right?

2) to update the T3 plugin I have to use the "plg_system_t3.v2.6.4.zip" file I downloaded and installed as if it was a new plugin? Right?

Obviously before doing anything I back up all the files and the database to be able to go back in case of problems.

3) if I want to use the "JA Extension Manager" in the future (I read here https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/purity-iii/installation-and-folder-structure#upgrade) I have to install it using the "Com_jaextmanager.v2.6.3.zip" contained in the package I downloaded? Right?

I’m sorry for all these questions, but I’m afraid of doing damage and I want to make sure I understand it well.

Thanks again.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by  digitalmedia.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Custom.css file and the local folder will not be overridden on template update.
    If you are not sure about the changes, I suggest you take backup of the site and try the update on localhost first.
    You can use JA Extension manager component > configure with your JA Account details and update the template. This will gives you the option to rollback the updates if anything goes wrong.

Regard

digitalmedia Friend

I just wanted to inform you that updating to Joomla 3.7.4 has solved the problem without doing anything else. Even with Joomla 3.7.5 it’s all ok.

However, I will still update the template and the T3 plugin after trying the update first on the localhost. Because I think it is useful to do so.

Thanks a lot and good work.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

You are welcome!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 7 months ago.

The topic ‘The white arrow disappeared from the “back to top button” after I updated Joomla’ is closed to new replies.