Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello

I’m new to JA Builder and I’m somehow not getting the point. With my existing Joomlart templates I have two styles home and default. Do I have to do this here too or do I need a page for each of my menu items?

Do I do everything in my JA Builder menu or do I have to do something in the templates menu? If yes what.

Thanks

Roger

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Roger,

Basically, you use JA Builder to build up landing pages for specific purposes on your site in which you can add multiple built-in blocks for web page. Pls check out this documentation for more info: https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-builder . If you need any help, just let us know.

When you said you have 2 styles for home and default, I guess it’s from another template installed on your site, not JA Builder – which is a different template. Of course, you can integrate JA Builder with another templates/framework as guideline here

Regards

relsig Friend

Hi Saguaros

Thanks for the info and the links. I know the documentation, have read it many times, still having trouble.
    At the moment I’m using JA Brisk, but I want to replace that with JA Builder.
    If I get you right I have to do the following:

1. I create a new page in JA Builder called "Home" and style it the way I want.
    2. I create another page which could be called "default"

Questions:

1. For my Starting page I don’t want content, where can I change the setting if I want content or not? I just want modules and blocks from JA Builder
    2. Where do I assign the pages to the menus. Can I assign one page to several menus or do I have to create a page for each menu item?

The page I want to redesign is http://www.samariter-brig-glis.ch, but at the moment I’m working on a test installation.

Thanks

Roger

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Roger,

Below are my answers for your questions:

1) You just go to Components > JA Builder > Create your new page and assign to the menu item you want to use.

2) Each page should be assigned to one menu item.

Regards

relsig Friend

Hello

Is it possible to use megamenus with JA Builder?

Thanks

Roger

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Roger,

With that idea, you can integrate JA Builder with another template which supports mega menu. In this way, you can create a builder page and assign menu item of that page to that template style, then you have header and footer from that template, the main content part will be builder blocks.

Check out the documentation here for how to integrate: https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-builder#integration

Hope it makes senses.

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum