Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

After installing JA Teline IV and entering the site I get blank page.

I tried installing the template using quickstart, and when this was not successfull I deleted the folder and uploaded the template manually, but still it does not work.

I tried it both on Chrome and on IE.

If I change the default template to a different template, such as Beez, everything goes well.

Could you please advise?

Cheers,

Tamirzzz

himangi Friend

Hi,

Can you please PM your site url and site admin access? I will take a look asap.

scotty Friend

A blank page usually means a PHP error. If you have error reporting turned off this will result in a blank page. In your Admin section enable error reporting and go to the front end again to see if you can now see an error. If you do… post it here.

tamirzzz Friend

Hi Scotty,

Switched to maximun error reporting, but still blank page.

himangi: PM on it`s way.

Cheers,

Tamirzzz

Phill Moderator

Do you have the JAT3 plugin installed? Do you have the JA Twitter module installed and if you do can you disable it in the Joomla back end and see if then template then springs to life.

tamirzzz Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 237709 wrote:</em><blockquote>Do you have the JAT3 plugin installed? Do you have the JA Twitter module installed and if you do can you disable it in the Joomla back end and see if then template then springs to life.</blockquote>

Hi Phill,

Jat3 plugin is installed and enabled.

No Ja twitter plugin is installed, just to make sure, disabled all JA modules…still blank page.

Cheers,

Tamirzzz

Phill Moderator

Then your best bet is to look at the server logs. It may be that you are reaching a php limit as Scotty suggests and only the logs can tell you that if you are seeing no error messages at all.

tamirzzz Friend

OK

now I got:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 50 seconds exceeded in /home/virtual/dwh/public_html/it/plugins/system/jat3/core/head.php on line 490

Phill Moderator

If you have the ability to adjust the max execution time in php.ini then try increasing it to 60 or even 120 seconds.

tamirzzz Friend

I do not think I follow you :laugh:

Phill Moderator

OK, max_execution_time is the time the settings in PHP are allowing for the script to run. The first time the script runs it may take longer than normal as a lot is going on so the system is stopping because it has exceeded the time it is allowed. A limit is set to to prevent faulty scripts running forever. So we need to change the amount of time allowed. Usually this is something only your host can do if you are on a shared hosting. If you have root access then it is very easy. Some hosts allow a local php.ini file and others allow you to add certaing php settings in .htaccess files.

If you have a file called .htaccess in the root of your server then try adding the following line to the beginning of it and see if it helps.

php_value max_execution_time 90

you can also try putting a file made with notepad called php.ini in the root containing the following

max_execution_time = 90

If neither of those work then you should speak to your host and they should very quickly be able to fix this.

simczak Friend

I have the same problem. After make teline IV default the site doen´t load or after a while shows a error like this:
    Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in /home/public_html/plugins/system/jat3/core/head.php on line 496

But if I try again, the error change to pathway.php or in a new line or just a blank page.

But I believe this is a problem with the T3 framework, because I try Teline III and the same happen. I am using joomla 1.5.

Phill Moderator

The file the error occurs in will change, it all depends on how long the script is taking before it hits the 60 second limit. When you first run the script it has to do a lot of work creating the cache and resizing a lot of images etc. With Teline III and IV there is even more going on on the first runs so it can be even more critical. Please try increasing that time and you will be fine. It is not uncommon for some providors to set 300 seconds for this.

tamirzzz Friend

Hi,

Thank you ,but it is not working :-[

I have changed the timeout to 300 and when I try to load the page, it is being loaded for several minutes and then I get the following Chrome message:

324(net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE)

Cheers

Phill Moderator

In that case can you PM me an admin logon so I cn take a look?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

This topic contains 39 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum