Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

At the moment I use template JA_Bistro in Joomla 2.5.28. This template I have changed via CSS.

I want to upgrade to Joomla 3.5.6. I would like to use the new template JA_Bistro for Joomla 3.5.6. How do I keep the adjustments to the "old template" and how the new website takes it over. I want to know before I buy a new template.

Best regards, Frans

pavit Moderator

Hello

Essentially you should update your joomla version from 2.5 to 3.6.5
    After you updated your joomlart extensions to latest released ( joomla 3 compatible ) you should update your joomla version,
    The update process will override all your customizations so you should first backup all your customized css files and when you updated your system you can replace again your customized css files into the new css files.

You should also update to latest version all other 3rd part extensions installed

If you use the JA Extension manager component first to update you can compare the old and new template.css file and take annotations of all differences between them so you can easy manage them later.

It is recommended first to update to take a whole backup copy of your website ( database and files )

Regards

Frans Friend

Is it possible to install a 3.5 Bistro template into joomla 2.5 before I update to jomla 3.5?

Best Regards.
    Frans

pavit Moderator

Is it possible to install a 3.5 Bistro template into joomla 2.5 before I update to jomla 3.5?

Template is also compatible with joomla 2.5 so it is possible

Backup first your website.

Frans Friend

Is it possible to install a 3.5 Bistro template into joomla 2.5 before I update to joomla 3.5?

Best Regards.
    Frans

pavit Moderator

Template is also compatible with joomla 2.5 so it is possible

Backup first your website.

Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 7 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum