Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

I guess I did get turned around some how. I thought for some reason that the asian site was an example of what you wanted. So I would be in agreement with you then. I like the CNN layout as it is and it would be something I could work with but I wouldn’t mind having a dark version of it also. CNN=TELINE2+LIGHT&DARK=:DFOR_RANDY

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@TeeTide 38357 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just to clarify, I was talking about the “Photo” section module in the right column that contains the photo galleries. I was not talking about the Frontpage Slideshow. The “Photo” module appears to have come from CNN. Sometimes CNN has “Photo” and other times they have “Video”. Look at http://www.cnn.com in the upper right hand corner and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Having clarified that, I am currently using the Frontpage Slideshow from JoomlaWorks just as you see on the southasianlife site. Version 1.7, which will supposedly be released this week is reported to resolve all the mootools conflict issues that plague the current version. I also plan to use their Simple Image Gallery Pro.</blockquote>

The demo example you cited — southasianLife — just happened to select one type of multimedia. If you look closely, it is still a JA Teline. The owner just customized it. The rounded stuff are just layout “gifs” that the creator made or perhaps even just copied from free layout sites. The old Geocities of Yahoo used to provide these stuff, so that you could customize the look of your headings and borders look. Maybe this is where Joomlart may help. Provide these “whistles and bells” to help customize the look and feel of the JA Teline. Maybe Joomla can hire Menalto or someother webdesigners to prepare some of these.

It takes time to customize. Even big companies sometimes spend quite a bit of time and resources to get a better layout. Boston Globe just did that recently.

There is really nothing special about the CNN layout. It is just a module of images or multimedia — you can mix and match. All the CNN layout did was create thumbnails — place them in the right side corner. You can create the “right side photos” for example with their Joomla Works Simple Image Pro, and place them in one of the top right modules. in JA Teline. I will show how I created mine in the Demo. There are other “gallery” extensions from Joomla that you can use. I found very innovative use of the same Joomla Works by other professional webpages — like National Geographic, Time, etc.

One main reason why I have not bought the Joomla Works softwares is that they do not make use of the images I already have in photogalleries. Plus, the guy who is creating them sometimes can be arrogant when responding to disgruntled customers. Or, maybe the customers were unreasonable. Have you seen how many of the forum postings are not answered?

I am looking at other multimedia softwares that are already adapted to Joomla.

Personally, I am not interested with another JA Teline II, if is just another “layout look” — moving around features — just like many of the template companies are doing. In a sense, JA Avian has something new, among Joomlart templates, because it has introduced the “slideshow” as a feature module. I have not looked closely at the other templates, if they used this feature already. However, as I stated in another post, the slideshow module used in JA Avian is still at an early stage. There are better multimedia extensions around.

This is where we can help each other. You or someone else may have seen some nice features or already are using other softwares that work.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

Just curious if anyone noticed, the total number of votes is not equivalent to the one posted. In spite of the undercount (like Florida elections), did you know that there are more who opted to vote in this poll, than the Site of the Month Poll?

I hope Joomlart takes notice of this popularity of JA Teline.

Cornelio

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum