Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I’ve noticed a large number of files building up in the t3-assets folder. A lot of them are 0 in size but shouldn’t they clear each session? I realize it’s a cache folder but how long are they retained and how large can this folder get? Can they all be deleted at any time?
    System says the version is up to date.

Sherlock Friend

hi aardcom,

i think they are just compress files which should help your site loading faster, they are there when you select to enable Optimize css && ja in the template setting.
    If you go to your back-end you would see a button “JAT3 Clean Cache” at the right corner, Just hit that button to delete those files.

aardcom Friend

So I should do this everyday? Manually delete cache files….really?

John Wesley Brett Moderator

I would clear the cache immediately after I finish updating the website for the day. That way I know all of the updates will be in the new cache.

Depending on the changes you make, and the frequency of your updates, will determine how often you need to take the 10 seconds it takes to clear all of your cache. You will find some changes will not appear until you do clear your cache.

Have fun!
    John.

aardcom Friend

I assume you mean clear the cache using the link on the top of the admin pages, not selecting the files and deleting everything in there.

My understanding is when editing the site design (not content), you first go to template manager and enable developer mode, then set optimize to no for css and scripts>make changes>disable developer mode and join compress> apply the clear JAT3 cache using the link from admin page. Or is it clear the cache then join/compress.
    I had a large number of files in the t3-assets folder but I believe it was caused by not turning off the join/compress options while making changes.

aardcom Friend

Still happening site on our site which I have setup online now. The t3-assets has more files created after I logged out and now site has lost some of the css settings and appears differently. I can’t figure out what’s causing it to happen and going crazy resetting everything every few days. Help appreciated.

<em>@aardcom 257825 wrote:</em><blockquote>I assume you mean clear the cache using the link on the top of the admin pages, not selecting the files and deleting everything in there.</blockquote>

Yes, you do want to delete the files in there.
    Here’s my process when using 1.5.xx after I finish work for the day…

• Goto TOOLS > GLOBAL CHECK-IN
    • Goto TOOLS > CLEAN CACHE (select EVERY FILE and hit ‘delete’)
    • Goto TOOLS > PURGE EXPIRED CACHE (hit the Purge Expired button)
    • Then I click the JAT3 CLEAN CACHE (in the upper right)

Depending on the time of day, I then often grab a beer and turn on the television…but that’s optional.

aardcom Friend

Still happening and apparently not alone. Found this link in the archives although not sure why it’s there if the issue hasn’t been resolved yet.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-54257.html?

Thought it may be caused by my localhost settings being uploaded directly to online system but something else seems to be happening. I’ll verify the JAT3 install version and reinstall latest to see if it solves the issue.

aardcom Friend

OK I think I narrowed down the issue and it has to do with mod rewrite and sef. All files are up to date unless there is a fix I am unaware of in the forums.

On my localhost when I enabled mod rewrite and sef I got the same results as the online version. I have deleted cache, expired cache and JAT3 cache using the links but files remain in 3 folders. Deleteing them manually breaks the site template.

Trying different options on localhost .htaccess got me back to where it displays correctly but

The files fill up quickly in the site/t-3-assets folder just from viewing the site pages.
    The site/cache/t3-assets folder only shows 3 files and does not change
    The site/cache/t3 folder shows 4 pairs of php and php_expire files

I believe the htaccess is preventing the jat3 plugin from correctly compressing and deleting the correct files.

Transfering the site to our online host adds to the problem because the htaccess there is set differently. And turning off sef/mod rewrite breaks the template online.

I tried reinstalling the online template after getting the local site working but same end result. It breaks once the cache files expire.

Also have Joomla cache set to off. Also search online for t3-assets shows a lot of sites with the t3-assets folder accessible. Not sure that is intended as it could become a security issue for some sites.

Not sure what to do at this point.

chavan Friend

Hi aardcom

Could you provide me admin & ftp account of your website?

Just out of curiosity, how OLD is the oldest file in those folders. Are we talking about 2-3 days or a month or more?

aardcom Friend

If you mean the t3-assets they were all deleted yesterday and new appear after a period of time. No open links and not working on it right since the reinstall.

I still believe it’s an issue carried over from the transfered site where the files are referencing incorrect paths. We’ve almost given up on the framework at this point and will revert back to non t3 template till we can work it out. As we’ve noticed in the forums there are still a number of users experiencing similar issues and in update changelogs they are noted as unresolved. Apparently can’t be reproduced at Joomlart so they can’t resolve it.

I’m sure it’s server specific and something carried over. Hoping somone smarter can offer a solution.

I can’t reproduce it either on personal sites. I mean I can see the files in there, but none are more than a couple of days old leaving me to guess mine, at least, are just cache files. If they stayed in there for weeks on end, then I could see something wrong. But I have a lot of files in there, but for a very large website…and none more than 72 hours old.

I’m trying to understand the issue and hopefully someone will allow us ftp access to see for ourselves what troubles you are going through.

Thanks!
    John.

chavan Friend

Hi aardcom

We fixed this problem in the JA T3 plugins 1.2.9. So I don’t think It is still re-happen. If you are using older T3 framework, please upgrade new version of T3 framework.

aardcom Friend

OK… where would I get it and how. It shows version 1.27 in JA extensions manager and when it is used for updates it says no new versions.

Under the download for JAT3 Framework 2 for Joomla 1.5 it shows plugin version 1.2.7…today

Also in the downloads for minisite under 1.5 it shows JAT3 system plugin version as 1.2.4….and that is today. Maybe someone could update the correct version required for the template.

C’mon!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  aardcom 12 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum