Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

I love the template but I’m getting the following error/problem in Internet Explorer. I just completed a clean quick start upload of the template/joomla and so I have not edited any code at all.

When I load my page a notification box pops up and says:
    Internet Explorer Cannot Open The Internet Site
    Operation Aborted

Also, there seems to be the following javascript error:
    Line: 6
    Char: 1913
    Eror: ‘J.parentNode’ is null or not an object
    Code: 0
    URL: http://www.thesearchers.org/

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

P.S. – it seems to work fine in FireFox

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Looking to help…but see you’ve turned on the maintenance screen.
    Did you solve the issue?

John.

Khanh Le Moderator

Thank you for your report. The problem is fixed and updated to download.

Best wishes to you and your family!!!

bmtoth Friend

Thanks for the help. The error does seem to have been fixed…however, the following keeps popping up.

Operation Aborted

Everything works in Firefox but not in Internet Explorer.

Also, the JA Highslide does not work in IE, it just takes one to the picture, instead of popping the picture up in a ‘lightbox’ frame. Not sure if this is related or not.

Thanks again for any help.

P.S. – if you visit the site and the notification box does not pop up it will eventually, reload the page or just browse a few pages for a few seconds.

ShannonN Friend

bmtoth;96418Thanks for the help. The error does seem to have been fixed…however, the following keeps popping up.

Operation Aborted

Everything works in Firefox but not in Internet Explorer.

Also, the JA Highslide does not work in IE, it just takes one to the picture, instead of popping the picture up in a ‘lightbox’ frame. Not sure if this is related or not.

I have the site on maintenance but if anyone needs to go to the site you can use the following username and password:

username: help
    Password: help
    http://www.thesearchers.org

Thanks again for any help.

P.S. – if you visit the site and the notification box does not pop up it will eventually, reload the page or just browse a few pages for a few seconds.

Hi bmtoth
    I have just visited the site in my version of Internet Exploiter 🙂 I’m using the Beta 8 version, so my testing my not be useful to you, I found nothing happening like you described all I had to do was install the flash 10 plugin to see the videos, but as you may have guessed Firefox is my choice of browser so I don’t worry about I.E too much.

Maybe it’s best if you tell us what I.E version you are using then someone with that version can check? Sorry I can’t be of more help
    Merry Christmas
    ShannonN

bmtoth Friend

Thanks for checking.

That is really weird. I just visited the site in IE and it gave me that same error/notification.

It must be my IE browser version.

I’m running IE 7.0.6000.16757

Merry Christmas.:)

sbaldwin Friend

Hi,
    Gave me the same Error using IE7. It also appeared that the page was still trying to finish downloading when the IE error popped up. The green status bar froze. Hope you find your problem..good luck!

bmtoth Friend

Thanks!, at least I know its not just my browser/computer.

Hopefully someone will figure it out because I have no idea what’s going on…I’m also sure I’m not the only person out there using IE 7. 🙂

bennitos Friend

I tried here with IE7, but no problems here refreshed a couple times aswell and it loads like it should every time.

bmtoth Friend

Weird.

That’s actually happened to me once or twice, where I would be browsing the site in IE 7 and it would be working fine. I’d get happy thinking it somehow/magically fixed itself and then it would suddenly give me the pop-up notification again!

Its very confusing and frustrating.

Thanks for update.:)

ourtemplates Friend

<em>@bmtoth 96563 wrote:</em><blockquote>Weird.

That’s actually happened to me once or twice, where I would be browsing the site in IE 7 and it would be working fine. I’d get happy thinking it somehow/magically fixed itself and then it would suddenly give me the pop-up notification again!

Its very confusing and frustrating.

Thanks for update.:)</blockquote>

I understand your problem it does it to me too, they are over looking something there is something buggy in there hopefully they will find it because mine does the same thing, the only thing I think seems to work is if you disable css menu and moo menu if you use split it’s fine, so it’s something in the coding of the menu, hopefully they will look there

ourtemplates Friend

<em>@khanh le 96388 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you for your report. The problem is fixed and updated to download.

Best wishes to you and your family!!!</blockquote>

The problem is not fixed and I know it’s the template I reverted back to my old template and no errors at all when I go back to zinc errors in internet explorer now I am using ie 7 and I noticed when I put the zinc template up my hits go almost to nothing, when I put my old one up the hits go back to normal that means it’s not just my computer it’s everyone’s computer, no it’s not there computer either it’s the template, can you please test and retest the template because there is something in there buggy that’s doing it

thanks,

bennitos Friend

did some testing on your site but i never had the problem here.

Tested it on 4 pc’s this one here at home and 3 at work. At all pc’s i refreshed the page at least 20x and i never had the problem on any of them.

Odd….

You dont run any toolbars etc? Like google toolbar or others?

ourtemplates Friend

i have fixed the problem now so what you see up there is fixed, what I had to do was back up my database reinstall everything delete the old site and put a new one up and now it works, it was some kinda funky plugin or module that was doing it, thanks anyway but I am good now!

bmtoth Friend

I tried doing what you did…simply reinstalling the site, but I still getting the same annoying error. I agree with another poster that IE has its problems, especially when compared to FireFox but a huge proportion of internet users still use IE and to not fix this error seems foolish and illogical.

I think what’s bothering me more is that while I’m a pretty laidback and easygoing guy, the fact that more Joomlart users have attempted to fix/identify this problem and not the template designers is starting to annoy me quite a bit. :confused:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  datropics 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum