Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author

<em>@tomo555 320468 wrote:</em><blockquote>Anyone know where to find the php.ini file? I’m told if you change the MB limit to 80mb that the sample data might work??????</blockquote>

Usually you make your own php.ini file its not in there as standard…

Use a text editor and save the file with whatever you need in it for example:

register_globals = off
    memory_limit = 128M
    magic_quotes_gpc = off
    display_errors = off

That’s what my server understands, I believe others respond to 0 and 1 for on and off……

http://docs.joomla.org/Security_Checklist_2_-_Hosting_and_Server_Setup

luca2580 Friend

I have the same problem with sample data

kairey Friend

<em>@luca2580 320490 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have the same problem with sample data</blockquote>

Its a common issue that needs a proper answer, however in each case there may be different solutions….

Submit a ticket they are working on mine now………hopefully!

Martin Barry Friend

Solved: i ve installed several times jawall with the same problem. Then i upgraded PHP to 5.3 and then increase memory in php,ini value of memory_limit parameter from 32MB to 64MB

Now Ja Wall it looks exactly as demo.
    It is amazing.
    good Job JOOMLART

kairey Friend

<em>@websla 320600 wrote:</em><blockquote>Solved: i ve installed several times jawall with the same problem. Then i upgraded PHP to 5.3 and then increase memory in php,ini value of memory_limit parameter from 32MB to 64MB

Now Ja Wall it looks exactly as demo.
    It is amazing.
    good Job JOOMLART</blockquote>

Good 4 you, for me no luck waiting for support….

colorvalley Friend

<em>@kairey 320604 wrote:</em><blockquote>Good 4 you, for me no luck waiting for support….</blockquote>

I am new to this JA but I was using a few years using other membership. I am very frustrated Sample Data is not working, many people are suffering like me.

QuickStart Should be Quick Start. I tried a few hours, this is not working. Other Quick start works immediately. >:(

They need to tune all files for “Real” Quick Start. This is not ready for sale.

kairey Friend

<em>@colorvalley 320643 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am new to this JA but I was using a few years using other membership. I am very frustrated Sample Data is not working, many people are suffering like me.

QuickStart Should be Quick Start. I tried a few hours, this is not working. Other Quick start works immediately. >:(

They need to tune all files for “Real” Quick Start. This is not ready for sale.</blockquote>

In fairness to JA they can’t solve everyone’s server situation and supply Quickstart packages to suit, I hope support can solve the installation on my server….

…in the meantime I tried it on another web host as a test, and it installed first time and is fully functioning, its just not feasible for me to move all my clients to a new host at this time….

swissa Friend

<em>@kairey 320651 wrote:</em><blockquote>In fairness to JA they can’t solve everyone’s server situation and supply Quickstart packages to suit, I hope support can solve the installation on my server….

…in the meantime I tried it on another web host as a test, and it installed first time and is fully functioning, its just not feasible for me to move all my clients to a new host at this time….</blockquote>

Fancy listing the differences in the one that works and the one that doesn’t? It may help other people to understand or what to try!! 🙂

And you’re a lucky man if all your clients want Wall! :p

kairey Friend

<em>@swissa 320653 wrote:</em><blockquote>Fancy listing the differences in the one that works and the one that doesn’t? It may help other people to understand or what to try!! 🙂

And you’re a lucky man if all your clients want Wall! :p</blockquote>

The host that doesn’t work will not install sample data, despite adding all the noted fixes that some have tried in php.ini that host is 1and1….

No my clients do not want the Wall themselves, but if I change hosting packages I have 60 sites and 300 email addresses to change!

tfosnom Friend

HI Kevin
    If it works on one host & not another, can you find out what the working host has that differs form the other?
    Are both Linux servers are both using Centos or different Distros?
    Are both using same versions of PHP, SQL, Apache?
    You find the difference 🙂

Finally stop ‘forking’ around playing with recalcitrant Hosts and install WAMP, install wall locally and see if it works, I get it working fine on wamp and I know what settings wamp uses as I set them. Play with that then tell the crook host the results?

Hope this helps
    Shannon

luca2580 Friend

I resolved with increase memory in php,ini value of memory_limit parameter to 80MB

Thank you to all
    Luca

kurdapya Friend

is there anybody here that has quickstart working for them?? without changing php.ini.. etc??
    just bought this and quickstart is empty… :((

kairey Friend

<em>@kurdapya 320706 wrote:</em><blockquote>is there anybody here that has quickstart working for them?? without changing php.ini.. etc??
    just bought this and quickstart is empty… :((</blockquote>

I have it not working on 1 host and functioning perfectly on another with no pho.ini files….

These issues are obviously going to be down to your provider and everyone is going to have a different solution.

For the record I cannot get it working on 1and1, works perfectly on GoHost4u

colorvalley Friend

Let me say my opinion as user, developer, buyer and consumer.

When we buy products, we expect the product works reasonably without significant effort, not optional. When lots of people are facing problem or can not move forward after all efforts, then it is “recall” or not for sale. Why do we buy template or use Joomla? For easy and comfortable benefit. Spending lots of hours to figure out to see what is going wrong or to be test driver or to develop and fix product to support seller? Can we sell products and service to our customers like this?

When most of templates are sold on market, they are not facing much problem for start up. There should be official announcement to fix or recall for this template. At least this template is not meeting the basic functional level. I used shared server where many and most of friend use that I used more than 5 years without any issue, not like this.

Honest and fair action shall be taken for this quick start.

colorvalley Friend

<em>@tomo555 320449 wrote:</em><blockquote>I must say that the guys at Joomlart are “mostly” good when they reply but the support is slow and quite frustrating. I moved to Joomlabamboo for a few years because of this. Come on guys, up your game ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CHARGE US EXTRA FOR A TEMPLATE.</blockquote> I am one of yeasrs user for Joomlabamboo, and I do not have this kind of problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)

This topic contains 46 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  pogostickcowboy2 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum