Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Don’t know why the post was closed but I still cannot install sample data, tried new download, upload, reinstall, database which takes hours…

…when I click install sample data it doesn’t change to successfully installed no matter how long I wait.

Tried the memory_limit = 80M in php.ini still no success………

Getting quite fed up now, I know its probably a fault with my shared hosting but I might have to go for the 7 day money back guarantee at this rate….

kairey Friend

After 10 hours of trying, its time to give up for me and look at some other plan for my new project….

swissa Friend

<em>@kairey 320348 wrote:</em><blockquote>After 10 hours of trying, its time to give up for me and look at some other plan for my new project….</blockquote>

That would be a shame as I think it is a great template. Perhaps someone with the correct permission from Joomlart could deliver you an Akeeba backup archive that you could extract to your hosting and kickstart.php into a new database.

You have a ‘W’ on your profile so they know you have paid……..

Just an idea.

kairey Friend

Continued to try; found other suggestions such as mem_limit etc still will not install sample data. Doesn’t matter how long I wait nada!

I know its going to be an issue with the shared hosting, but the usual php.ini tricks get round that on other installs and templates…

It will be a shame to have to bin this template before I have even started but I cannot afford to waste another complete day when I have other clients waiting for work…

After paying and waiting I am a little frustrated and annoyed….

swissa Friend

I don’t know what to suggest I’m afraid. I have deleted all the Twitter and other social crap out of my wall and the backup is only 18MB.

I know for my wall I had to make sure that php was 5.3.xx and on my hosting I have to ensure that I add the path for the new php into .htaccess. I also have to point into the cgi so that it knows to use 5.3.4. and not the standard 5.2.7 that my hoster provides.

Then it just flies.

I hope JA can offer you something like this – I know they are great on customer service. If then it didn’t work you’d know to change hosting company. If you understand German then I know a great Swiss one – it is only the payment part that is in German – the plesk interface and screens can be picked in American.

kairey Friend

Maybe that is a stumbling block right at the start, this is using PHP 5.2.17 would that stop a sample data installation though?

I would hate to have to move all my sites including all client email accounts what a nightmare that would be! 🙂

swissa Friend

<em>@kairey 320358 wrote:</em><blockquote>Maybe that is a stumbling block right at the start, this is using PHP 5.2.17 would that stop a sample data installation though?

I would hate to have to move all my sites including all client email accounts what a nightmare that would be! :-)</blockquote>

BINGO!

It needs 5.3 + to work. For my hosting I can pick for each domain – hence my comment about adding in stuff to .htaccess for the right php path.

As for moving emails isn’t that just a dns / mx change and quite easy? I have done this many times!! Hopefully you won’t need to if the hosting can give you a 5.3.x path.

wombat1 Friend

<em>@swissa 320359 wrote:</em><blockquote>BINGO!

It needs 5.3 + to work.</blockquote>

Not quite. I have php 5.3 and JA WALL Quickstart will not allow to install sample data either. Have completed the whole upload quickstart, prepare database and installation process now on 3 occasions. Each time same result. Will not allow to install sample data. It will allow to install the other two possible sample data sets, but these will not produce a result anything like the demo.

Anybody having the same problem on php 5.3?

kairey Friend

<em>@wombat1 320383 wrote:</em><blockquote>Not quite. I have php 5.3 and JA WALL Quickstart will not allow to install sample data either. Have completed the whole upload quickstart, prepare database and installation process now on 3 occasions. Each time same result. Will not allow to install sample data. It will allow to install the other two possible sample data sets, but these will not produce a result anything like the demo.</blockquote>

Exactly my issue, but have you tried enlarging the memory_size in php.ini

I am quite shocked once again at the lack of response from developers……????????

tomo555 Friend

<em>@kairey 320430 wrote:</em><blockquote>Exactly my issue, but have you tried enlarging the memory_size in php.ini

I am quite shocked once again at the lack of response from developers……????????</blockquote>

I must say that the guys at Joomlart are “mostly” good when they reply but the support is slow and quite frustrating. I moved to Joomlabamboo for a few years because of this. Come on guys, up your game ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CHARGE US EXTRA FOR A TEMPLATE.

tomo555 Friend

I have the same problem with sample data, you’re not with godaddy hosting by any chance are you?

kairey Friend

No with 1and1, which despite them getting a lot of criticism I do not have that many problems….

I have submitted a support ticket as a last resort….

websaja Friend

Try setting your memory limit to 64mb or 80mb. I tried everything untill I tried 64mb and it works. Make sure you’re on PHP5.3.3 at least. Make your tmp folder 777 and then revert back after install

kairey Friend

<em>@websaja 320465 wrote:</em><blockquote>Try setting your memory limit to 64mb or 80mb. I tried everything untill I tried 64mb and it works. Make sure you’re on PHP5.3.3 at least. Make your tmp folder 777 and then revert back after install</blockquote>

Tx for the input, already tried these tips but still no luck on the sample data….

tomo555 Friend

Anyone know where to find the php.ini file? I’m told if you change the MB limit to 80mb that the sample data might work??????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

This topic contains 46 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  pogostickcowboy2 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum