Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author

ok i’ll see what we can do but just an FYI, you can prevent them from ever being able to get to the global template config if you choose. Thats the beauty of the ACL. Don’t worry I won’t give up. Your tips are helpful

meratechstuff Friend

I hope it will be resolved soon! Thanks.

n6rej Friend

best thing I can tell you is to file a bug about it.

meratechstuff Friend

<em>@n6rej 275381 wrote:</em><blockquote>best thing I can tell you is to file a bug about it.</blockquote>

Hung already filed this bug here: http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECPLGTIIIJOOMLAIVI-275

No update at!

n6rej Friend

ok I’ll try to keep an eye on it also

meratechstuff Friend

Hey,

I know you guys are working on this issue from September. Any time-frame set at? We can’t really use any of JA templates due to this bug. If I hear anything regarding to time-frame, I can safely switch to other template providers. Please advice!

Thanks!

n6rej Friend

I just checked the status of it and it was last updated today so I know they are working on it.
    As you can see by checking the ticket I’ve requested a ETA

meratechstuff Friend

Well,

I don’t understand why JA team won’t provide me with expected time frame at! I saw Edenite template two years back and still stick to it for my major site launch since it’s only the template available in Professional look. The problem is not with the Edenite template, but with JAT3 System Plug-in which effects almost every JA template!

I decided to wait for 1 more week and will say Good Bye to JA. Thanks for your follow up by the way!

n6rej Friend

how can we provide you with a “reasonable” timeframe when we may not even know EXACTLY how to cure it yet? The problem is not a 1 line fix. as you stated its a function of the core itself not just the template… this is by its very nature a issue that will require special attention. From what research i have done more then just one tiny area is effected! Just like I can’t tell you how many rainy days we’ll have this month, I can’t give you an accurate prediction. If you tried to press me for it I’d say HOPEFULLY, prayerfully, expectantly, on the 1st. But thats my personal guess-timate. Every “fix” goes through extensive testing now so these kinds of things don’t pop up and if they do we squash’m but good. I’ve only seen one other organization as dedicated to complete fixes and thats J! itself.

meratechstuff Friend

Well,

It would be nice to hear something like “Your issue will be resolved in our next update which is around xx days/months/ or even years” rather than “We don’t know how to resolve your issue, so we can’t tell you when we’re going to fix it!”

n6rej Friend

well, I can understand that… but then things like today for me… took me 8hrs to do what I could’ve done manually in 1 trying to get the code I was working on to work the way I wanted it to and not its way.
    my logic was fine… why it didn’t work 3 of us could not figure out so *shrug*
    sometimes its some stupid thing that ( on the face of things ) has no sense doing what it does that makes a difference.

In this case I have no idea… I do know like I said that with the effort and research i’ve put into it, its not a super simple answer. For all I know they may have already fixed it and its going through testing.. *shrug* i’m too far down on the totem pole to answer that LOL

Anyway ticket is filed, your welcome to comment on it.

meratechstuff Friend

<em>@n6rej 278158 wrote:</em><blockquote>well, I can understand that… but then things like today for me… took me 8hrs to do what I could’ve done manually in 1 trying to get the code I was working on to work the way I wanted it to and not its way.
    my logic was fine… why it didn’t work 3 of us could not figure out so *shrug*
    sometimes its some stupid thing that ( on the face of things ) has no sense doing what it does that makes a difference.

In this case I have no idea… I do know like I said that with the effort and research i’ve put into it, its not a super simple answer. For all I know they may have already fixed it and its going through testing.. *shrug* i’m too far down on the totem pole to answer that LOL

Anyway ticket is filed, your welcome to comment on it.</blockquote>

Good to hear that it is under testing…

meratechstuff Friend

<em>@meratechstuff 278466 wrote:</em><blockquote>Good to hear that it is under testing…</blockquote>

Again, any update available on this at?

meratechstuff Friend

<em>@meratechstuff 281213 wrote:</em><blockquote>Again, any update available on this at?</blockquote>

Any update at! I’m waiting from past 2 months. If you guys are not working on this anymore :((, at least I can switch. Please advice! Thanks.

n6rej Friend

have you checked the ticket yourself and spoken with them? thats the best way to proceed

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

This topic contains 53 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  meratechstuff 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum