Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Hi ukfraternite

I’ll certainly help if possible!

<em>@ukfraternite 70807 wrote:</em><blockquote>Could you please tell me how You got those working on your site please? I would like to have a French and English versions of my site.</blockquote>

I’m using Joom!Fish. I installed Joom!Fish and then activated the French and Russian languages. Once done, the flags appear as you see. I then use the Joom!Fish component to translate the English articles into French and Russian.

Unfortunately, this is not ‘automatic’ translation, it has to be done manually. However, it’s really worth the effort as some of the ‘automatic’ translators I tried (Google, Babelfish, etc.), we’re absolutely terrible!

You can download Joom!Fish for free here:
    http://www.joomfish.net

I’m using 2.0 Beta version and it seems fairly good.

<em>@ukfraternite 70807 wrote:</em><blockquote>2- On you front page, when you place the mouse on top of the Menu items like “Legal and Finance” or Lifestyle”, some sub-menus appear automatically.
    What’s the magic behind that, please?
    </blockquote>

Ah, no magic there! This is built in to the Teline II template.

Select the template” JA_Teline_II”. In ‘Parameters’ on the right hand side, change your Menu Module to ‘Moo Menu’ and Save.

That’s it, you should now have fancy drop down menus!!

Good luck. Any problems, give me a shout.

Chris

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@questbg 70922 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi ukfraternite

I’ll certainly help if possible!

I’m using Joom!Fish. I installed Joom!Fish and then activated the French and Russian languages. Once done, the flags appear as you see. I then use the Joom!Fish component to translate the English articles into French and Russian.

Unfortunately, this is not ‘automatic’ translation, it has to be done manually. However, it’s really worth the effort as some of the ‘automatic’ translators I tried (Google, Babelfish, etc.), we’re absolutely terrible!

You can download Joom!Fish for free here:
    http://www.joomfish.net

I’m using 2.0 Beta version and it seems fairly good.
    </blockquote>

Chris,

Did you get my email earlier this week with a link to the “template”? Would you consider registering in one of the sites, especially the CT. And, I will give you Admin privileges as well as the “others” too. I was wondering if you could implement the Joomfish there, just to see a Demo of how it works. There is no need for in depth translation yet, just one or two examples, as it is just a concept site).

If possible, if you could write a “tutorial procedure” for the installation of the Joomfish that would help greatly. I am up to my ears trying to think of innovations for the CSG, and had no time to look at key Admin Tools yet, such as this.

I have not had a chance to respond to our co-team member yet. Did you get his response?

Thanks.

<em>@questbg 70922 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Ah, no magic there! This is built in to the Teline II template.

Select the template” JA_Teline_II”. In ‘Parameters’ on the right hand side, change your Menu Module to ‘Moo Menu’ and Save.

That’s it, you should now have fancy drop down menus!!

Good luck. Any problems, give me a shout.

Chris</blockquote>

For some reason, this is a default feature for me already, since I started using any Teline II. How did you install your Teline II?

Cornelio

questbg Friend

Hi Cornelio

<em>@cgc0202 70941 wrote:</em><blockquote>Did you get my email earlier this week with a link to the “template”?
    </blockquote>

Indeed, although I’ve not actioned anything just yet, been having a heavy week of adding content to site and translating into French and Russian!

<em>@cgc0202 70941 wrote:</em><blockquote>If possible, if you could write a “tutorial procedure” for the installation of the Joomfish that would help greatly.
    </blockquote>

This may not be necessary, the Joom!Fish site has very detailed step-by-step tutorials. Also the core developers respond to posts on the forum pretty much instantly.

One thing I would suggest however is that one of us ‘subscribe’ as a ‘Silver’ member, this gives us pre-release versions, PDF documentation plus some very useful plug-ins. There is a small ‘donation’ to make to get this.

<em>@cgc0202 70941 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I have not had a chance to respond to our co-team member yet. Did you get his response?
    </blockquote>

Not heard anything at all. Maybe just as busy as me!

<em>@cgc0202 70941 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    For some reason, this is a default feature for me already, since I started using any Teline II.
    </blockquote>

Just the standard Quick Install with the demo site content. However, my Teline II was set to ‘Split Menu’ by default. Very odd.

Cheers
    Chris

cinthiapolanco Friend

Hello everyone

I have a serious security problem with the JA Teline II. In less than three days I hacked the site twice.

Hackers easily captured the JA Teline II and ended up in seconds with all my work.

the first time reinstalling the JA Teline II, but less than 48 hours after the site was hacked again.

This never happened while I used the PHP-Nuke. Obviously this CMS is much safer.

The attackers appeared from the direction http://caprazates.org/

Does anyone have any idea how I can defend?

They totally take over the administrator.

Who can help?

Cinthia

questbg Friend

Hi Cinthia

Did you upgrade to latest Joomla 1.5.6?

This release was to fix serious security issue.
    Chris

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@cinthiapolanco 75468 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello everyone

I have a serious security problem with the JA Teline II. In less than three days I hacked the site twice.

Hackers easily captured the JA Teline II and ended up in seconds with all my work.

the first time reinstalling the JA Teline II, but less than 48 hours after the site was hacked again.

This never happened while I used the PHP-Nuke. Obviously this CMS is much safer.

The attackers appeared from the direction http://caprazates.org/

Does anyone have any idea how I can defend?

They totally take over the administrator.

Who can help?

Cinthia</blockquote>

Hi Cinthia,

This is mainly a Joomla problem — not the template. Yes, I am concerned with this too.

As Chris stated, it is important that you upgrade the Joomla component as soon as possible, especially if the update is for security upgrade, like 1.5.6.

1. You have to talk to your hosting service.
    2. =>One of their duties is to monitor security problems. Consider changing hosting service, if they don’t take measures to make their servers more secure

3. The default registration/login of Joomla is not very secure.
    4. =>Anyone with a “legitimate” email address can register and login. There are programs that allow you to approve the registration.
      =>There are some programs that allow you to at least avoid ths from happening
      =>Ensure that your password is “difficult to decipher” — as long as possible, include combinations of numbers, alphabet, symbols, capital and small letters. =>Change password regularly
      =>Use programs that will force those who register in your site to use lmore secure passwords

5. If you go to the Joomla site, there are extensions under “ACL” and Security
    6. =>iimplement some of them

7. If you use a Windows computer, it is possible that your computer maybe infected with malwares, phish(?) and other scripts
    8. =>some of these can steall your passwords and other information from your computer. None of the above security precautions will matter, if someone has an easy way of accessing your personal information

The harsh reality today is that even the most reliable encryption systems are now so easily broken. If you have been following internet security, there were a number of news more recently how insecure the very backbone of IP addresses system, how dedicated hackers can totally and easily attack any internet site (e.g., the Estonia internet attack early this year, Georgia internet attack prior to invasion this month, etc.)

Cornelio

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

This topic contains 36 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum