Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

<em>@questbg 61422 wrote:</em><blockquote>That’s about the same as I have in 1.5:

I created a new ‘client’ first for each banner. Uploaded a graphic for each client and then created a banner with that graphic and client info!

However, you seem to be missing ‘categories’ which is essential as far as I can see! This allows me to set different ‘ad campaigns’ and include certain banners in each ‘campaign’ and each ‘area’ of the site.

Some static, some are ‘rotated’ banners. I’m not sure how to try this in 1.0?</blockquote>

Chris,

Unless I am missing something, I don’t think it is possible with Joomla1.0x. There is no Categories, as you showed. Is the Categories option present even before you created the Client?

If that is the case, it would be one reason to select Joomla1.5x. I just wish Joomla 1.5x is not so slow, does not have those bugs and the extensions I use are already native in Joomla 1.5x

All the bugs and errors that are reported here make me pause. I looked at your site but you seem not to have been derailed by those bugs and errors. So, it makes me wonder whether a number of these errors are really due to Joomla 1.5x and/or template, or due to inexperience of some users, but plunging ahead anyway, with all barrels loaded.

I have to look more closely at Joomla 1.5x; and now since you have more experience than I…

Cornelio

Note: I just confirmed this. The Categories is a feature of Joomla 1.5x.

questbg Friend

<em>@cgc0202 61463 wrote:</em><blockquote>Chris,
    I have to look more closely at Joomla 1.5x;
    </blockquote>

I have to admit, it was the ‘extra functionality’ that made me take the 1.5.x route! Even though it’s a bit ‘bulkier’ and therefore slower, I find it easier to navigate around.

As you say, our site is running quite well with not too many problems … although, I haven’t done any serious customisation of the template … it’s pretty much a straight copy of the demo site.

The banner spacing fix that Menalto gave me works fine too!

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@questbg 61615 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have to admit, it was the ‘extra functionality’ that made me take the 1.5.x route! Even though it’s a bit ‘bulkier’ and therefore slower, I find it easier to navigate around.

As you say, our site is running quite well with not too many problems … although, I haven’t done any serious customisation of the template … it’s pretty much a straight copy of the demo site.

The banner spacing fix that Menalto gave me works fine too!</blockquote>

Chris,

Could you please provide the specific CSS modifications and if any on the files scripts?

The banner image sizes were made to the module size limitations (i.e, resized using photoshop) or you used the module features to limit height and width?

I will create a Joomla 1.5x-JA Teline II, and attempt to recreate some stuff that you have done. I do not have the tools nor the artistic talent to create those banners you did. Would you mind if I use them in the demo that I will create?

Thanks.

Cornelio

questbg Friend

Hi Cornelio

<em>@cgc0202 61800 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Could you please provide the specific CSS modifications and if any on the files scripts?
    </blockquote>
    I modified the template.css file and put the following code (which Menalto gave to me) in, right at the bottom:

}
    #ja-col2 a img {
    margin: 4px 0;
    }

The banner image sizes were made to the module size limitations (i.e, resized using photoshop) or you used the module features to limit height and width?
    </blockquote>
    I knew the module was 152 pixels wide, so I simply created my graphics to 152 pixels wide, that way I knew there would be no ‘resizing’ problems when I published the banner module.

Would you mind if I use them in the demo that I will create?
    </blockquote>
    Help yourself!!

If you need anything specific, let me know and I’ll design the banner for you

Cheers
    Chris

cinthiapolanco Friend

Menalto

It is possible to place banner advertising in different sections with JA Teline II?

Kiss
    Cinthia

questbg Friend

Hola Cinthia

Cada sección puede tener banderas diferentes si usted los quiere a.

Avíseme si usted quiere más detalles.

Miles de besos a usted también! :-*

Chris

PS. For those types that tend to get annoyed when threads turn ‘foreign’:

Hi Cinthia

Every section can have a different banner if you want.

Let me know if you want more details.

cinthiapolanco Friend

<em>@questbg 66692 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hola Cinthia

Cada sección puede tener banderas diferentes si usted los quiere a.

Avíseme si usted quiere más detalles.

Miles de besos a usted también! :-*

Chris

PS. For those types that tend to get annoyed when threads turn ‘foreign’:

Hi Cinthia

Every section can have a different banner if you want.

Let me know if you want more details.</blockquote>
    Yes, please
    do as I put advertisements in several different sections?

Por favor, ¿como puedo colocar avisos publicitarios diferentes en secciones diferentes?

Kiss
    Cinthia

questbg Friend

Hola Cinthia

First of all, find the ‘module’ of the banner that you want in a specific section.

Edit the module.

Change the ‘Menu Assignment’ section by clicking on the ‘Select Menu Item(s) from the List’. and then choose from the list the section/s that you want the banner to appear in:

In this case, my banner will only appear now in the ‘Lifestyle’ section, and the 3 categories in that section (Home & Garden, Food & Drink, Life).

Hope that helps!

Besos
    Chris

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@questbg 66895 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hola Cinthia

First of all, find the ‘module’ of the banner that you want in a specific section.

Edit the module.

Change the ‘Menu Assignment’ section by clicking on the ‘Select Menu Item(s) from the List’. and then choose from the list the section/s that you want the banner to appear in:

In this case, my banner will only appear now in the ‘Lifestyle’ section, and the 3 categories in that section (Home & Garden, Food & Drink, Life).

Hope that helps!

Besos
    Chris</blockquote>

Chris, this would be a good specific tutorial to follow the generic one in the Victor thread. More like a Q&A in an FAQ.

Cornelio

questbg Friend

I suppose we could take the ‘how to duplicate and move a banner’ that we did for Victor and then add this at the end as ‘how to apply the banner to specific sections or categories’?

Will think about working on that one!

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@questbg 67320 wrote:</em><blockquote>I suppose we could take the ‘how to duplicate and move a banner’ that we did for Victor and then add this at the end as ‘how to apply the banner to specific sections or categories’?

Will think about working on that one!</blockquote>

Chris,

Just separate, sort of an answer to FAQ. But, as part of the tutorial the Victor tutorial will be hyperlinked to this one — sort of part of “additonal reading assignments”.

Hyperlinking of various related tutorials will be the key.

Cornelio

cinthiapolanco Friend

<em>@cgc0202 67420 wrote:</em><blockquote>Chris,

Just separate, sort of an answer to FAQ. But, as part of the tutorial the Victor tutorial will be hyperlinked to this one — sort of part of “additonal reading assignments”.

Hyperlinking of various related tutorials will be the key.

Cornelio</blockquote>
    Hello!
    Cornelius, Ana Ivelise and Cris

This is for JA Telline II

I have managed to allocate advertising banners to the categories and sections as explained to me. But how do I put this advertising banner above the first news such as this that show them in the picture?

Is it possible to place banner advertising like this, top in the categories and sections?

Kiss

Cinthia

Hola!
    Cornelio, Ana Ivelise and Cris
    Yo he logrado asignar los banners publicitarios a las categorias y secciones tal como me explicaste. Pero, ¿Cómo puedo colocar ese banner publicitario arriba de la primera noticia, como por ejemplo esa que les muestro en la imagen?

¿Es posible colocar los banner publicitarios como este, arriba, en las categorías y secciones?

Kiss

questbg Friend

Hola Cinthia!

OK. First of all, try this, which will give you a new banner on the front page of the site, right at the top as you want. I’m sure then you can figure out how to do this in other sections.

Instructions for adding a banner above the Front Page module in Teline II / Joomla 1.0

1. Accessing the Modules list

Login to the site as Administrator

Go to Modules Manager (Modules Menu -> Site Modules)

2. Make a copy of the Banners module

Find the module named “Banners”
    Click the box to select this module

Click on the “Copy” icon top right

Now you will have a new module called “Copy of Banners” in the list, just below the original “Banners” module:

3. Rename “Copy of Banners”

Click on the “Copy of Banners” module in the list

You will now be taken to the ‘Edit’ window. Rename “Copy of Banners” to your new name:

4. Edit other settings for the new banner

Show title: Click “Yes”
    Position: Select “JA News”
    Module Order: Select “JA News Frontpage”
    Access Level: “Public”
    Published: Select “Yes”

Now click on the “Save” icon top right

This will take you back to the list of modules

5. Changing the Banner order

In the Module Manager, in “Select Position” choose “ja-news”

This will show the three items (“JA News Frontpage”, “JA News” and the new banner, in this instance “publicite”)

Use the arrows to alter the positions until “lapublicite” is top, “JA News Frontpage” is second and “JA News” is third:

Click the “Save Order” icon

Check your site, you should now have a banner above the news section.

Congratulations!

Good luck!

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@questbg 67926 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hola Cinthia!

OK. First of all, try this, which will give you a new banner on the front page of the site, right at the top as you want. I’m sure then you can figure out how to do this in other sections.

Instructions for adding a banner above the Front Page module in Teline II / Joomla 1.0

1. Accessing the Modules list

Login to the site as Administrator

Go to Modules Manager (Modules Menu -> Site Modules)

2. Make a copy of the Banners module

Find the module named “Banners”
    Click the box to select this module

Click on the “Copy” icon top right

Now you will have a new module called “Copy of Banners” in the list, just below the original “Banners” module:

3. Rename “Copy of Banners”

Click on the “Copy of Banners” module in the list

You will now be taken to the ‘Edit’ window. Rename “Copy of Banners” to your new name:

4. Edit other settings for the new banner

Show title: Click “Yes”
    Position: Select “JA News”
    Module Order: Select “JA News Frontpage”
    Access Level: “Public”
    Published: Select “Yes”

Now click on the “Save” icon top right

This will take you back to the list of modules

5. Changing the Banner order

In the Module Manager, in “Select Position” choose “ja-news”

This will show the three items (“JA News Frontpage”, “JA News” and the new banner, in this instance “publicite”)

Use the arrows to alter the positions until “lapublicite” is top, “JA News Frontpage” is second and “JA News” is third:

Click the “Save Order” icon

Check your site, you should now have a banner above the news section.

Congratulations!

Good luck!</blockquote>

Bery bery grapic…. 😀 I hope it is clear enough for Cinthia.

Chris, I was about to send you my response to your mail but all hell broke lose, last Friday night.

First, the link you gave me was not working.

Everything that I was working on for a month got messed up — my JA News module disappeared again in the Front End, third time this happened to me (different installations) after a site has been stable for so long. I checked everything in the backend, and there is nothing wrong that I can see, I even checked “All” where it should appear.

Then, more problems just had to pop up, not sure because of my frustration losing a month’s work. I cannot delete files and sections and categories, even if I trashed them. They kept appearing back when I turn on my computer.

I decided to abandon Joomla 1.0x-Teline II altogether. I am not sure if I am going to recommend Joomla 1.0x-Teline II again..

I ventured into the world of Joomla 1.5.4-Teline II v1.4. The Hainn’s fix (Joomla 1.5.3-Teline II v1.4) has been working (except for a few minor issues) for me. Some odd things were introduced by my decision to upgrade it further to Joomla 1.5.4.

Then, when I tried to use the new CB login (from Community Builder) CB v1.2 RC2, it is not compatible with my system (I think my server old PHP is the problem), so I had to go back to the default Joomla registration/login. More issues, but I won’t bore you, with.

I hope to show you and you know who, a Demo by the time you wake up tomorrow. Knock on wood.

Cornelio

ukfraternite Friend

Hello Questbg

I have just 2 questions I believe you have the answer for.

1- I visited your website. Very nice. I noticed that you have 2 language options on the header. For visitors speaking French and Bulgarian.

Could you please tell me how You got those working on your site please? I would like to have a French and English versions of my site.

2- On you front page, when you place the mouse on top of the Menu items like “Legal and Finance” or Lifestyle”, some sub-menus appear automatically.
    What’s the magic behind that, please?

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

This topic contains 36 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum