Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m actually really embarrassed to ask silly questions like this.. but I’ve been looking around Joomlart for days but still am a little confused..

I found this site cos I was looking for templates for a new site I was thinking of creating, and was quite surprised how massive Joomlart is. Can someone give me some directions as to where to browse the templates and what other things are on sales and free to download? What do the different category of membership does and if I should need a basic one which should I get?

I just want a clean, simple and professional looking site, can someone point me to the right direction please? Sorry for asking silly questions like this.. :((

Anonymous Moderator

Hi penelopeb,

Welcome to JoomlArt templates club and thanks for all queries.

Firstly, JoomlArt maintain two different template clubs for Joomla CMS and Magento ecommerce platform. You had better walk through our demo site to see which template shall fit your need:http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#templates.joomlart.com/ja_lime >>remember to enable JA Toolbar at the top and see other available demo pages as well

After selecting a few templates of your demand, kindly go https://www.joomlart.com/member/signup.php to view all benefits associated with each packages tab Joomla or Magento. Note that Joomla templates require a membership as no single purchase is available.

If you still have questions, kindly CONTACT OUR SALES for further instructions.

ultimatelifestyleproject Friend

Fantastic. I was / am in the same position as penelopeb. Been perusing the site but not certain about how to go about implementing anything – maybe it’s not blonde proof, or maybe I’m too blonde! 😉

I’m really impressed by the quality of Joomlart templates, much better than what I am using now.

Will browse for a few more days / weeks before moving ahead.

Many thanks
    Lara

penelopeb Friend

<em>@ultimatelifestyleproject 167046 wrote:</em><blockquote>Fantastic. I was / am in the same position as penelopeb. Been perusing the site but not certain about how to go about implementing anything – maybe it’s not blonde proof, or maybe I’m too blonde! 😉

I’m really impressed by the quality of Joomlart templates, much better than what I am using now.

Will browse for a few more days / weeks before moving ahead.

Many thanks
    Lara</blockquote>

Glad I’m not alone! :p I too was impressed with the quality of the templates, hence the lurking around for days, but I simply got lost in the world of templates and names and jargon which I’ve never seen before..

JA developer thanks for your response!!! At least I know now that Magentos are for ecommerce. That alone helped a lot already!

One more question, I have the impression that everyone here is either a programmer or knows more than just setting up a website. Personally all I know are the basics like xhtml, css, some java and photoshop. I don’t know much about .php and other coding. Should I subscribe to Joomlart if that’s the case? It’s no good if it’s fancy but I have no idea how to change the codes at all…

Thanks for the help

Anonymous Moderator

Hi penelopeb,

<blockquote>One more question, I have the impression that everyone here is either a programmer or knows more than just setting up a website. Personally all I know are the basics like xhtml, css, some java and photoshop. I don’t know much about .php and other coding. Should I subscribe to Joomlart if that’s the case? It’s no good if it’s fancy but I have no idea how to change the codes at all… </blockquote>

Come on please. No one knows everything. You can join JA club to share your expertise as well as learn experiences from other as well

penelopeb Friend

<em>@JA Developer 167887 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi penelopeb,

Come on please. No one knows everything. You can join JA club to share your expertise as well as learn experiences from other as well</blockquote>

Thanks a lot for that, really sweet of you :-[

jasonarichie Friend

yes you will find high quality templates that will allow your website to stand out. These are fairly easy to work with and you can find tons of info in the JA community

fionafarb Friend

Hi.

Thank you JA Developer for the answers and the directions. I was wondering the same things as penelopeb, got what I needed now. Problems solved, got my templates.

penelopeb Friend

What template did you get? Your downloads say 0, where did you download them from?

physiochch Friend

😮 I too felt very lost on this site so thanks for this post. Takes me back to school days when everyone had a question and nobody was brave enough to put up their hand. Thanks penelope !!! Two thumbs up

Anonymous Moderator

Hi penelopeb & physiochch,

For JA friends like your badge (free members), please go http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php and click on JA Purity II – T3 framework, JA Free Templates and JA Free Extensions as these include free templates and extensions for your download.

penelopeb Friend

<em>@JA Developer 169196 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi penelopeb & physiochch,

For JA friends like your badge (free members), please go http://www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php and click on JA Purity II – T3 framework, JA Free Templates and JA Free Extensions as these include free templates and extensions for your download.</blockquote>

Right away boss 😀

penelopeb Friend

There are a few more questions that I would like to ask if you don’t mind.

1. Are there no preview for templates?

2. The credit I’ve been getting, if I have enough of it does it mean I can swap it for a membership?

Thanks again for being so helpful!

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@penelopeb 169316 wrote:</em><blockquote>There are a few more questions that I would like to ask if you don’t mind.

1. Are there no preview for templates?

2. The credit I’ve been getting, if I have enough of it does it mean I can swap it for a membership?

Thanks again for being so helpful!</blockquote>

Hi there,

For question 1, I am sorry that preview or demo for free templates are not available. You might need to install on local host to try if you are interested. Most of these free templates are compatible with Joomla 1.0. Only JA Purity II works well with latest stable version and goes with mega menu and T3 framework as well.

For question 2. yes, your knowledge and helpful assistance on this forum shall be credited and exchangeable to membership one validity: More info could be found: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/credits-redemption-for-ja-membership/

penelopeb Friend

<em>@JA Developer 169417 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there,

For question 1, I am sorry that preview or demo for free templates are not available. You might need to install on local host to try if you are interested. Most of these free templates are compatible with Joomla 1.0. Only JA Purity II works well with latest stable version and goes with mega menu and T3 framework as well.

For question 2. yes, your knowledge and helpful assistance on this forum shall be credited and exchangeable to membership one validity: More info could be found: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/credits-redemption-for-ja-membership/</blockquote>

Many thanks for that once again! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  uniquebiz 13 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum