Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Too much Grandstanding from so-called ‘Joomla Heroes” who actually know nothing about the single most used 3-rd party componant is shcu a time waste for those who are looking for a solution.

Personally I HATE CBuilder but need to collect more info about our members than the basic Joomla – I have tried User Extended (pretty basic) even Facile Forms (ok – but not a registration componant).

I also use globalnerd ‘s Subscription componant ActExp which is way cool – also has problems (& fix) for CB but getting it to ‘talk’ to Virtu Mart is a big problem (I’m sure Shannon has never used it either – but probably has an opinion anyway

Quote from the globalnerd guys “Why does everyone make their own login module? Joomla standard works just fine & can be re-directed wherevery you want” (their forum IS non judgemental – I posted a thread about using Filemaker Pro, a “real grown-up persons’ DB” replacing CB and actually got some logical responses which didn’t treat me like the ‘devil incarnate’ for even considering a non-Joomla work around)

My take:- for a “Community’ site CB is probably awesome but if you just need some additional info about your user look at User Extended

swemmel Friend

sidewalk;14261SHOGGARD – I so agree! I paid a lot of my hard earned money for these templates and I am getting zilch in the way of support. nada …. nothing. My posts go unanswered, which is really frustrating.

Then when I find a thread that I think may give me some kind of satisfaction – I’m made to feel like a grubbing idiot.

Kudos for telling it like it is!

Hello Sidewalk,

I looked at your posts and as far as I can see, on most of them you did get answers. I even couln’t count the times you said “thank you”.

For me, I can only say that I am not a real Joomla-Guru, but I try to help the members of JA as much as possible. When I see a question I can answer or I think I can answer after I tried out myself I will not hesitate to help. And I know that members like ErikThorsen and ShannonN are also doing their best to help out people here.

Maybe ShannonN reacted a little too strong, but you can not say that here on the JA forums there is no, nada support. No way!!!

And, by the way, I, ShannonN or ErikThorsen are not staff of JoomlArt. We are only very enthiousiastic members of JoomlArt who also like to help here.

Kind Regards,
    Peter.

PS. Tell me wich question is unanswered and I will look at it and let you know if I have a solution or not. At least I will try to find and do my best to solve it for you.

sidewalk Friend

Peter – I am still waiting for several issues to be answered. I suggest you look again. As for thank you —- I say thank you every single time I receive an answer to a post – you are mistaken, sir.

Wow – they aren’t staff??? My apologies – they certainly pass themselves off as such. IMHO you should address that.

I am very disappointed with my membership so far and I don’t mind saying so. I paid more than others, You dropped the price on the day that I signed up and when I asked for you to honor the price reduction you ignored my requests and it is a fact that I am still waiting for questions to be answered.

If you charge for your templates – they should be perfect on all platforms IMHO – my clients aren’t all tech geeks and yes they do expect that the site look the same in safari as in IE 5.

THANK YOU!

swemmel Friend

sidewalk;14291
    Wow – they aren’t staff??? My apologies – they certainly pass themselves off as such. IMHO you should address that.

I am NOT staff also. But I will look at your unanswered posts and try to give you an answer.

About the price of JoomlArt, it has not changed for a long time as far as I know. But when you logon you can see the offer they have when you renew your membership after it has expired. And yes, that is 30% less than what you pay the first time.

Kind Regards,
    Peter.

sidewalk Friend

Wow – you are not staff either… hmmm

well I apologize for flaming you then, I wish someone who is staff would answer a post now and then.

I sure wish someone (who is staff) had replied to my numerous emails asking for the reduced price with that very articulate answer – thank you for that… it would have saved them some grief in dealing with my irritable posts – don’t you think?

Thanks for any help you might offer.

SHoggard Friend

Actually Khan Le IS staff and he posted the solution to this thread on 04-20-2007, 03:26 AM – shame Non-staff hijacked it with their view of what a sutable Forum Question might be – so you may have missed the relevant post amongst the ‘irrelevant noise’

I do appreciate the efforts of Erik, Swemmel etc who tend to leave a topc well alone if they can’t help… I do wonder about ShannonN though… seems like not so long ago he was ‘demanding’ JA use png files instead of PSD for source files cos he uses some non-photoshop programme – but that was then & this is now

ErikThorsen Friend

Ok, let’s put this old bag to sleep. 😉

Seems like we all have vented a bit and if I am not mistaken you say here that the solution was posted by Khan Lee some 12 days ago.

Peace and happiness. Hope the future will be better for your sidewalk and I do agree on some points everyone is making!

Khanh Le Moderator

It seems that after I posted the solution for CB Login module, no request for support for this problem but other discussions in this thread. Therefore, I think it is time to close this thread.

To sidewalk: If you need any support for the problem you cannot find the solution in forums, please feel free to create a new thread.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Khanh Le 17 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum