Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Community Builder, you should heard about this component.
    CB users need cb_login module to replace the Joomla’s original login module.
    And I found the cb_login module looks ugly in this template.
    Any suggestion? Will there be a ja_login4cb module?

Ferjoom Friend

I solve this way!
    Just put a link to people create account through CB. And do not publish its module. Keep the ja login module published
    The only thing that will miss is the avatar thing.

ShannonN Friend

mikeho1980;13151Community Builder, you should heard about this component.
    CB users need cb_login module to replace the Joomla’s original login module.
    And I found the cb_login module looks ugly in this template.
    Any suggestion? Will there be a ja_login4cb module?

HI Mike
    I don’t never have or will use CB, I haven’t even seen it in action, but this kind of request seems to always pop up, so I thought I’d say a few words on 3rd party stuff in general.

The CB login is a CB thing, JA templates are for general use, If you as a designer choose to add 3rd party stuff, of course it’s going to look out of place; to go to ja and say “hey I use CB I need/want/politely ask you redesign your template” just to suit all CB users …..

I’d go to the CB community instead and say “Hey guys CB is great but can we have some better login modules as modern templates” blah blah

The major item is if the login looks ugly in the template choose a template it doesn’t look ugly in or design your own. IF the 3rd party item doesn’t integrate well go talk to the 3rd party devs

JA can only do so much on a generic level, 3rd party stuff esp. people wanting support for every major non JA plugins is getting out of hand here.

The designer chooses what design he uses based on accessibility and aesthetics, not whether some 3rd party module will run ?

Cheers ShannonN

mikeho1980 Friend

<em>@ShannonN 13238 wrote:</em><blockquote>HI Mike
    I don’t never have or will use CB, I haven’t even seen it in action, but this kind of request seems to always pop up, so I thought I’d say a few words on 3rd party stuff in general.

The CB login is a CB thing, JA templates are for general use, If you as a designer choose to add 3rd party stuff, of course it’s going to look out of place; to go to ja and say “hey I use CB I need/want/politely ask you redesign your template” just to suit all CB users …..

I’d go to the CB community instead and say “Hey guys CB is great but can we have some better login modules as modern templates” blah blah

The major item is if the login looks ugly in the template choose a template it doesn’t look ugly in or design your own. IF the 3rd party item doesn’t integrate well go talk to the 3rd party devs

JA can only do so much on a generic level, 3rd party stuff esp. people wanting support for every major non JA plugins is getting out of hand here.

The designer chooses what design he uses based on accessibility and aesthetics, not whether some 3rd party module will run ?

Cheers ShannonN</blockquote>

“hey I use CB I need/want/politely ask you redesign your template” hey, I NEVER said that, do I?
    I am not saying anything CB’s good or bad, neither JA’s. I am seeking help from others who willing to help.

It is JA changed the login look, not CB. If the Joomla’s ORIGINAL login module fit in this template WHY JA REQUEST USERS TO USE ANOTHER LOGIN? If the Joomla’s ORIGINAL login module works but the CB’s not, of course I will not asking here. I AM NOT AN IDIOT.>:(

I don’t mind JA staff don’t use or even know what CB. But what is wrong if I ask for someone else who use CB to help me here?

“JA can only do so much on a generic level, 3rd party stuff esp. people wanting support for every major non JA plugins is getting out of hand here.” I hope that is not JA’s philosophy. Otherwise, JA will (of somewhat) lose its competitiveness when compare with other template companies.

The function of this forum is for people to discuss or comment or seek help from others (JA staffs or all others), isn’t it?

Don’t be oversensitive.

ErikThorsen Friend

I think a few of us are a bit tired of all “bogus” messages around here. People asking about all sorts of 3rd party components not “compliant” with the JA template. Please do not take ShannonNs critique too harsh. I perfectly understand both of you.

You are more than legitimate to ask for help from people. We are just so used to see post number 2 in just a few hours after the initial one, and then reprhased to something like: “don’t you have any type of support here”?

I am sure Shanny didn’t mean any harm. I am hoping to just put this dead now and focus on figuring out if anyone have any constructive comments on your hopeful request! 😉

ShannonN Friend

mikeho1980;13340“hey I use CB I need/want/politely ask you redesign your template” hey, I NEVER said that, do I?
    I am not saying anything CB’s good or bad, neither JA’s. I am seeking help from others who willing to help.

It is JA changed the login look, not CB. If the Joomla’s ORIGINAL login module fit in this template WHY JA REQUEST USERS TO USE ANOTHER LOGIN? If the Joomla’s ORIGINAL login module works but the CB’s not, of course I will not asking here. I AM NOT AN IDIOT.>:(

I don’t mind JA staff don’t use or even know what CB. But what is wrong if I ask for someone else who use CB to help me here?

“JA can only do so much on a generic level, 3rd party stuff esp. people wanting support for every major non JA plugins is getting out of hand here.” I hope that is not JA’s philosophy. Otherwise, JA will (of somewhat) lose its competitiveness when compare with other template companies.

The function of this forum is for people to discuss or comment or seek help from others (JA staffs or all others), isn’t it?

Don’t be oversensitive.

I apologise if you are offended or insulted, no need to vent on me and spoil my day cause you don’t have the answers, neither do I

NOT I that appears oversensitive, just feel in MY opinion if you use cb in your templates seek help on a CB forum as thats where the KNOWLEDGE base is

Spend 3 or 4 hours here daily trying to solve everyones problems and see more than your own posts/requests and you’ll see what I mean this is not a 3rd part help line but a lot of ppl think it is and get lazy

Cheers ShannonN

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi all,
    To using CB Login module, please following steps:

1. Change the option “Module orientation” in CB Login to “Horizontal”.
    2. Open template css template_css.php, search and modify following style (remove the red line)

div.ja-hpmodule form label {
    float: left;
    padding: 0 5px;
    }

mikeho1980 Friend

<em>@Khanh Le 13407 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi all,
    To using CB Login module, please following steps:

1. Change the option “Module orientation” in CB Login to “Horizontal”.
    2. Open template css template_css.php, search and modify following style (remove the red line)

div.ja-hpmodule form label {
    float: left;
    padding: 0 5px;
    }

</blockquote>

Thanks Khanh
    Your solution work great!

To JA:
    Honestly I am not angry, nor disappointed. I truely understand Shannon is just trying to protect this place from overwhelming 3rd party’s requests.
    Everyone just no need to over-react, I would not like to see anyone banned because of reasonable discussion like this. I hope everybody can still share his / her option in this place.

sidewalk Friend

You know – I’m reading this thread and I’m sorry but I need to voice my opinion here.

In the “open source” community (much of it freeto use) the majority of the feature rich elements are third party. Let’s be real, do any of us run a Joomla site that doesn’t use third party components? No – because the site would be pretty boring with just the base joomla install.

So if you are going to make templates – and charge for them – you need to address the idea that your clients are going to need support with these third party components. You must agree that your templates don’t come cheap and that we expect a certain amount of support from you.

Frankly – while I think your templates are super attractive and feature rich, I don’t find the support to be adequate, nor do I find the templates to be “out of the box” ready. There are a good deal of browser issues that I myself have encountered in only a few weeks using your product and I don’t think your user guides cover many of my questions.

I use CB and I am having no end of trouble with this template. After spending endless hours configuring it – getting it to look less “generic”, etc… I am disappointed that you will not provide support and I will probably have to switch to another template.

This combined with the fact that since install of this template – my newsfeeds do not work – has me upset and frustrated – I paid good money to use your templates and I’m disappointed.

Sharez Sharzaman Friend

I use CB and I think it’s a great component. This is the first template in which I implemented it.

I also got the login to look almost like the JA one without messing with the code.

Just switch the module orientation to ‘horizontal’ and set display type to ‘compact.’

You can see it at foundationoflights.org

I’m still trying to find out how to keep the member area tab ‘open’ by default.

zorcolino Friend

Hi Noorstream
    nice design, was wisiting your site foundationoflights.org. Can you please tell me how to integrate the google ad element – is this a standard component or mambot?
    Kind regards
    zorcolino

Sharez Sharzaman Friend

Hi Zorcolino,

Thank you. I’m glad you like the site.

I used the adsense module from Joomlaspan. It is an excellent module and it is easy to implement. Here is the link:

http://www.joomlaspan.com/joomla-downloads/Download/-JoomlaspanModules/GoogleAdSenseRelatedModules/

Sharez

caputo737 Friend

Worked great, Thanks!

SHoggard Friend

I have to add my comment:-

ShannonN –

<blockquote>I don’t never have or will use CB, I haven’t even seen it in action….</blockquote>

<blockquote>no need to vent on me and spoil my day cause you don’t have the answers, neither do I…..</blockquote>

if you don’t know the answer keep out of the discussion and leave it to others who might have some answers…. you aren’t talking to a FREE forum but to JA CUSTOMERS (yes paying customers!)

The value of JA also lies in its forum customer support – JA supporting Customers and Customers supporting eachother – the last thing a Customer wants to hear is that he’s being regarded as an ‘idiot’ by someone who admits he knows nothing about the question in hand!!! When you slam someone for asking a legitimate question you are damaging JA’s reputation

The essence of Moderating a forum is ‘moderation’ –

<blockquote>Spend 3 or 4 hours here daily trying to solve everyones problems and see more than your own posts/requests and you’ll see what I mean</blockquote>
    I’m a bit puzzled by this… are you a JA employee? If so, the ATTITUDE to deal with customers is all wrong.
    If you are just a “Member” (Ok sorry “member of the month”) why waste time getting into discussions you know nothing about? Don’t you have enough to do <blockquote>trying to solve everyones problems</blockquote>

sidewalk Friend

SHOGGARD – I so agree! I paid a lot of my hard earned money for these templates and I am getting zilch in the way of support. nada …. nothing. My posts go unanswered, which is really frustrating.

Then when I find a thread that I think may give me some kind of satisfaction – I’m made to feel like a grubbing idiot.

Kudos for telling it like it is!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Khanh Le 17 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum