Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I am interested if anyone is experiencing a similar problem with the slideshow.

Ofter when I load the page (usually on the first load after a shutdown or cache emptying) the front page slide show loads the image halfway. If I refresh it loads just fine. Here’s a screen capture.

This happens both local and remote: http://www.theoutsidermag.com

1. outsider_load_slideshow
    limeweb Friend

Yep, confirmed – I have the same problem. There is a bug with the slideshow…

Peter Matra Friend

I just replaced mine with Joomlaworks Front Page Slideshow — http://www.joomlaworks.gr/

I just put into my local server for testing

westover Friend

I’m having the same issue…please help!

Peter Matra Friend

Here are some screen shots.

I love the way highslide looks but it has got those two problems. Why do the thumbnails not center themselves? And when the image frame is open why does it move when you press the NEXT button. (in the screen shots)

Frontpage Slide Show is underneath it. I could not get their thumbnails to do what I wanted them to do so I figured I can settle with this until I find a replacement.

1. street2
    2. street
    sunrise Friend

How id it work out with the slideshow from joomlaworks? I am also having a problem and maybe a change to this would help. Did it solve the problem for you?

Peter Matra Friend

Well, FrontPage SS works for this small column show, but I just have numbers at the bottom. I really like the look of SlideShow Pro but I am having trouble adding it to the module. This is all becoming a big pain in the ass and I do not have time for this!!

I scoured the CSS of Highslide and nothing in the code talks about centering thumbnails.

My site is http://www.theoutsidermag.com

I have highslide, fpss, and easyssp all in the right column. (easySsp is not working). You can see the comparisons.

sunrise Friend

I am not that good at programming, but wonder if this could be because of the template.css about line 1300 about modules where it says “float: left;” this would cause the thunbnails to align with the left margin rather than being centered, I think. But that does not really solve it, but rather possibly point to where the solution may lie.

Peter Matra Friend

I just adjusted the CSS-

<blockquote>.highslide {
    outline: none;
    margin-left:32px;
    }</blockquote>

that at least add some space, but started to separate the thumbs as well. It is all about aesthetics isn’t it!

Peter Matra Friend

oh SUNRISE–

What template css are you looking at? Uvite? because I brought this into Sanidine II

sunrise Friend

Maybe in Sandine II it is on line 789. But as I said, I don’t know if that is the right solution. But maybe worth a try. I am planning to use Sandine II for my nest site as well. SO I better get used to it.

westover Friend

Bumping this for anyone that may be able to help. I don’t have the highslide problem since I’m not using that module but I am having the issue with ja news fp, on first load after the cache is cleared, only loading half of the image. It’s almost like a height was hardcoded somewhere that is only read when someone visits the first time or a repeat visit after the cache is cleared.

sunrise Friend

What version of Joomla are you using? And does this happen in all browsers or mainly IE?

Peter Matra Friend

I think the code in news FP, but the same thing happened to me?! That is also why I switched over to Sanidine II. Uvite is beautiful but had display problems and the cache problems. You could definitely try replacing the mod with FrontPage Slide Show (joomlaworks) I never delved into that issue though because I was too busy dealing with the Uvite alignment in IE7 XP. Screw that temp for now…I wasted way to much time on that. I would expect an update in the future…
    Peter

westover Friend

<em>@sunrise 93310 wrote:</em><blockquote>What version of Joomla are you using? And does this happen in all browsers or mainly IE?</blockquote>

I’m using 1.5.8 and yes, this happens in multiple browsers…IE, FF, and Google Chrome.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  mumu0678 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum