Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Since we updated our http://www.aalisg.org website to Joomla! 3.6.3 version the JA Slideshow Lite modules that we display on our english and french homepages take full screen width. Then, and it is most probably linked with the JA Slideshow Lite modules problem, some modules wich were displayed on the homepages, below the JA Slideshow Lite modules, disappeared.

Can you help us to solve these problems?

Regards

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Could u provide me the details of the module that are not showing due to the slideshow module ?
    I checked your site and found some of the modules are showing on Homepage: http://prntscr.com/cwkhka

aalisg Friend

Hello and thank you for your reply,

Modules that are not showing are for the english homepage "LAST REGISTERED USERS", "EVENTS OF THE LYCÉE" and "LATEST NEWS". For the french homepage they are "DERNIERS INSCRITS", "ÉVÈNEMENTS DU LYCÉE" and "DERNIÈRES NOUVELLES".

Please consider these Google cache versions of the english and french homepages so you can better see how they should look like.

Regards

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly update the Login details of site , current admin details not working .
    Here : http://prntscr.com/cwl47y

aalisg Friend

Please excuse ourself for this mistake. It is done. Please see first post we just edited.

Regards

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Are you getting this issue after updating Joomla to 3.6..3 ?
    Template is not yet ready for , could u check the older backup of site or restore the site to compatible version and see if this solve the issue .
    I am not sure at this time , its issue from template or from the 3rd party extension with latest Joomla , because in your cached version the module is working fine with slideshow , so it should not be issue from slideshow .

aalisg Friend

We are pretty sure that if we restore the website throught a backup made before Joomla! 3.6.3 update it will solve THIS issue. But users regularly update their profiles so we will loose these profile data updates.

We previoulsy had this problem but we do not remember when did it occur and how did we (or you) solve it. Could it be a size or position problem. Is there a Javascript conflict?

It is strange that Joomlart templates do not support simple Joomla! updates.

Regards

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

I am not sure this issue of the template for issue of the extension that you’re using .I tried to assign default Joomla template to the menu item but still its showing University templates . can you check the module with default Joomla templates?
    For the template updates via regular Re updating the templates on priority basis as you know Joomla 3.6.3 is just out it will take some time to update larg collection of template s.

aalisg Friend

I do not really understand your post but I have found something interesting.

When I assign the "JA_University_t3 – Blue Color – French – All pages" template style to all french pages INCLUDED the home page with the Position & Responsive Configuration "home" in the Layout tab the Slideshow recovers its normal size. Same thing for the english part of the website but with "JA_University_t3 – Blue Color – English – All pages" template style.

The problem is that with this configuration the website is vertically cut in half in all others pages, a problem I previously had (please see this forum topic). So the answer should be like you said in the forum topic I just mentionned to create a template style with the Position & Responsive Configuration "home" in the Layout tab only for homepages and a template style with the Position & Responsive Configuration "no-sidebar" in the Layout tab for all the others pages. That is what I did but it does not work.

Can this remark help you to help me solve this problem?

Regards

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I a not able to understand the exact issue on your site ? the link you shared is for a different topic and does not belong to this thread .
    Please update me about the 3rd party module that is not showing on your site below the slideshow .
    Check this module with default Joomla template and see how it goes ?
    maybe the issue is from 3rd party module and Joomla versions .

aalisg Friend

Please read carefully our last post and you will understand why we mentionned this other topic: it is a problem that occur while we thought to have found a solution for the actual problem.

We are afraid we are not able to switch frontend template. Maybe this other issue has something to deal with the main problem.

Regards

aalisg Friend

Hello,

In fact we were able to change frontend template by deactivating JA University template and change it to either protostar and t3_blank templates. With protostar template we can see "DERNIERS INSCRITS" and "ÉVÈNEMENTS DU LYCÉE" modules but not "DERNIÈRES NOUVELLES" on the french homepage. With t3_blank we can only see "ÉVÈNEMENTS DU LYCÉE" on the french homepage. So maybe it is "DERNIÈRES NOUVELLES" a EasyBlog – Latest Blogs module wich causes the problem or maybe we do not see it because it has not an existing position.

Regards

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

http://prntscr.com/cx1wns
    Please check and compare the layouts of the template style , you will see the differences in the positions of layouts . In default layout the position is masthead , because you changed the name of position from layout options you can use it as slideshow position but all style will be from masthead position .
    You can compare the layout files in /tpls folder .
    See home.php and no-sidebar.php

For the module issue , i need to check the site with default Joomla template , this is reason i suggested to restore site backup since its your live site . or you can provide me test site backup where i can check this issue .

Also your site seems using some server side cache because the content does not change on front end if i changed it from backend .

aalisg Friend

To be honest we do not really understand what you are saying. We restored a Joomla! 3.6.2 version of our website which you can check at http://www.aalisg.fr. Please use same credentials than for http://www.aalisg.org website to access administration.

Regards

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I mean the extension you are using for these module are also may not ready for latest Joomla, as u can see in the Joomla3.6.2 they are back and working fine : http://prntscr.com/cxqa7k

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum