Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

How do I change the height of the slideshow? I changed the slideshow images and I want to change the height of the slideshow to make it smaller.

Thanks,
    Shaun

TomC Moderator

How are you wanting to modify the slideshow height – more/less ??

TomC Moderator

How are you wanting to modify the slideshow height – more/less ??

kmkmedia Friend

It will be less. The old slideshows used to let me set the height I wanted and then it changed to just automatically adjusting to the height of the image. Now I don’t see any of those options to adjust any of that? Where do I go to change those settings?

Thanks,
    Shaun

kmkmedia Friend

It will be less. The old slideshows used to let me set the height I wanted and then it changed to just automatically adjusting to the height of the image. Now I don’t see any of those options to adjust any of that? Where do I go to change those settings?

Thanks,
    Shaun

TomC Moderator

What are the sizes of the images you are using for your slideshow?

i.e. what are the dimensions you’re wanting?

TomC Moderator

What are the sizes of the images you are using for your slideshow?

i.e. what are the dimensions you’re wanting?

kmkmedia Friend

The demo images that were there were 1600 wide by like 768 tall. So I put images that were 1600 wide by 450 tall. I was just looking to see how it looked. I might even end up making it less tall too. I just need to know where I go to set the manual height or if there was an option I missed somewhere that allows it to automatically fit the image like it used to or if I can input a max height.

Thanks,
    Shaun

kmkmedia Friend

The demo images that were there were 1600 wide by like 768 tall. So I put images that were 1600 wide by 450 tall. I was just looking to see how it looked. I might even end up making it less tall too. I just need to know where I go to set the manual height or if there was an option I missed somewhere that allows it to automatically fit the image like it used to or if I can input a max height.

Thanks,
    Shaun

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi @kmkmedia
    Try this solution . Add the below code in your custom.css File

#Mod145 .acm-slideshow .owl-carousel .item { max-height: 565px; }

You can change the max-height value as per needs . Now the height is not more then 565px as defined in above code .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi @kmkmedia

You can change the max-height value as per needs . Now the height is not more then 565px as defined in above code .

TomC Moderator

<em>@pankajsharma 489320 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @kmkmedia

You can change the max-height value as per needs . Now the height is not more then 565px as defined in above code .</blockquote>

Though this may or may not format to the slideshow images correctly – will have to see once kmkmedia tries the suggested fix.

FYI (to kmkmedia):
    If you don’t already have a custom.css file established, you can do so manually within file path —> /templates/ja_rent/css/

TomC Moderator

<em>@pankajsharma 489320 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi @kmkmedia

You can change the max-height value as per needs . Now the height is not more then 565px as defined in above code .</blockquote>

Though this may or may not format to the slideshow images correctly – will have to see once kmkmedia tries the suggested fix.

FYI (to kmkmedia):
    If you don’t already have a custom.css file established, you can do so manually within file path —> /templates/ja_rent/css/

kmkmedia Friend

Thank you! The above fix worked for me. Do you guys know why it seems like the templates are getting away from set maximum heights or automatically adjusting the height based on the scaled image? I use joomlart templates daily at work and have noticed that I have to come to the forums just to set a max slide height or make the slide autoplay(I didn’t think about setting in with css. I thought there was a file that had the set height in it somewhere in the slideshow acm folder). Is there a reason why the slideshow features(buttons and boxes to input values in the backend) are starting to go away or make it so it has to be changed in code?

Thanks,

kmkmedia Friend

Thank you! The above fix worked for me. Do you guys know why it seems like the templates are getting away from set maximum heights or automatically adjusting the height based on the scaled image? I use joomlart templates daily at work and have noticed that I have to come to the forums just to set a max slide height or make the slide autoplay(I didn’t think about setting in with css. I thought there was a file that had the set height in it somewhere in the slideshow acm folder). Is there a reason why the slideshow features(buttons and boxes to input values in the backend) are starting to go away or make it so it has to be changed in code?

Thanks,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 8 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum