Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Dear JA Members,

As all are aware that SOTM was regularly held and was organized by Miccas, However, it seems that he is bit busy with personal life.
    I have always loved the SOTM competition and have always felt very proud to see sites using JA Templates.

In the absence of Miccas, I would be personally looking after the SOTM Competition for now. More prizes have been added and rules have also been updated.

Highlights :

1. SOTM merged with Member Showcase Forum, All the old SOTM threads from JA Announcement Forum will be moved to this and Member Site Showcase forum renamed for easy identification and access.
    2. Addition of New prizes and giveaways, which includes Lifetime licence of JA Enterprise Extensions and free credits, caps, t-shirt etc…

Prizes (Total Worth $ 1000)

FIRST PRIZE :

1. 1 (one) year subscription to JoomlArt (Developer’s License) worth $ 499.
    2. Cool SOTM Badge in Profile (like mfcphil has).

SECOND PRIZE:

1. Free lifetime Licence for any of the JA Enterprise Components.
    2. Choice between JA Job Board standard Licence (worth $ 290) or JA Voice (pricing to be announced soon) (New Addition to Prizes).

THIRD PRIZE :

1. Bonus gift – Choice between JA Cap or JA T shirt, along with 200 credits.

All the winning website’s screenshot will be published in the Forums. Choice of prize is allowed from top to bottom but not vice versa. i.e. first prize winner may opt for prize options of Second Prize winner and so on…

How to Enter
    To take part in this wonderful competition, there are a few instructions which you are required to follow.

The website that you nominate must:

• be licensed (present or past subscription) with Domain registered with JA.
    • be based on one of the JoomlArt templates.
    • have no adult related content.
    • Within the JA Copyright Guidelines.
    • However, to nominate a website you must be a current licensed user.

Time Frame for the SOTM Competition:

• Firstly, on the 1st till the 20th of every month, we will open a new thread for nominations. You will be able to nominate either your own website or website you have developed for others by creating a new thread per nomination.
    • On the 21th, the post will be closed, and all valid site’s will be added to a poll which will be open to all JA Members. Unregistered or Guest will not be able to vote but they can post replies and view the threads.
    • The poll will close on the 30th.
    • Winner announced on 1st, along with New SOTM announcement.

Redemption Of Prize
    The winner will be notified with an PM and his prize or User status will be updated.

Minimum Votes :

A total of 50 votes are expected within the 10 days polling period. Incase of less than 50 votes, the voting period shall be increased by 5 days. I would like to see more active voting and involvement of JA members.
    Members having posted their nominations for the July SOTM thread can renominate their sites for September 2009.

This thread is open to receive Nominations for SOTM September 2009. Reply in this thread with your URL that you’d like nominated. Hope to see good sites and good competition.

———————————-
    Please note that whilst staff members (includes JA Staff & Mods) are permitted to be enter into the competition, prizes are invalid if they win. If they are the winner of the SOTM competition, the award will be given to the runner up. Also note, that unregistered or guests wont be allowed to post, so as to avoid creation of dummy accounts for the sake of voting.
    ———————————-

mfcphil Friend

Great news…sure the members, old and new, will enjoy the new template competition.

mihirc Friend

Hello,

I had planned to nominate this site for the August Competition but then it doesnt seem to be taking place. So here i.e. September I put the entry.

This is my first site that i am posting for a Showcase / Critique.

A bit about the website / firm: Foliage Outdoors is a wildlife tourism and adventure outings related company that is based in my hometown. The earlier site was very very old (typical HTML)and needed a facelift. That is when we decided to make this website, which could now be self updated by the company itself without relying on developers like me to get the job done .

So here is the link to the website: Foliage Outdoors

What the site has:
    – Joomla 1.5
    – SOBI2 with loads and loads of modifications
    – Joomlart Ja Lead template, again with loads of modifications (Firstly I had used JA Pyrite)
    – Joomgallery
    – Kunena Discussion Forums
    – Community Builder
    – Quick FAQ component
    – Modification to the default Joomla Contact Us to show the Google Map.
    – Plus the top login, modifying the Joomlart template to incorporate the dropdown panel on Dynamic drive.

The component on the frontpage is a modified look of Sobi2.

The most major modification done to the Sobi2 component was making place for 2 articles to be put there, so that people will feel as if its a part of the service. The Volunteers Training Programme & Ecofest are both just articles.

The site is strictly made for IE8, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari, so do go and check the site out in IE6. In India approx 50% ppl still use IE6 and I am on a lone mission to convert them to something better.

Any criticism and all comments are really really welcome!

Regards,
    Mihir Chhatre.

santoshalom Friend

I would like to nominate my site.

http://sophiabooks.in/ by Ja mesolite

Indian catholic Books store

prakash Friend

Hi,

I would like to nominate my website that I launched a few days back – http://www.LibraryNext.com

LibraryNext.com is a type of social networking, specially targeted towards – libraries, library networks, librarians, authors, publishers, library suppliers and all those associated with a library. A user can register for free and interact with others, connect with others on the website and discuss on various topics. We aim to create one of the largest directories of people associated with libraries and libraries!

This site has been built using:
    Joomla 1.5
    JA Template – JA_Raite
    CB 1.2.1 – with ProfileBook, ProfileGallery…etc.
    Kunena
    SOBI2
    EventList
    sh404SEF
    Joomla Gallery
    uddeIM

….and other components…

Please post your feedback and if you like do nominate!

anisjolly Friend

I’d like to nominate my little baby which was revamped and launched back in July – Voice Of Bolton (http://www.voiceofbolton.com).

Site uses: A LOT OF MODIFICATIONS! & a lot of custom developed components 🙂 (including an iPhone web app, with a native one currently in the works!)

More or less all content is written freelance editors and all media content (which is ever growing) is exclusive to Voice Of Bolton itself!

A lot of hard work is put into this site and the editors work their socks off to provide a good read!

I hope you like it and I hope I win your vote 🙂

edit: oops – forgot to mention – template = ja opal

TomC Moderator

anisjolly;143049I’d like to nominate my little baby which was revamped and launched back in July – Voice Of Bolton (http://www.voiceofbolton.com).

Site uses: A LOT OF MODIFICATIONS! & a lot of custom developed components 🙂 (including an iPhone web app, with a native one currently in the works!)

VERY NICE !!! – Excellent work with the modifications – VERY professional looking.
    I also very much like your logo.

A couple of constructive comments . . . perhaps make the main navigation font color a bit darker from the get go. It kind of blends into the grey background a bit too much (in my opinion). Also, I think your frontpage slideshow could actually stand to be a little larger in size (again, my personal opinion, but I think it would lend a bit more excitement to the overall site).

Regardless, EXCELLENT WORK !!!

thatcomputerdude Friend

http://www.miamitwp.org/

This website is based off of the Opal template. It’s a government website that uses multiple template themes to give each section a unique look.
    We also use multiple extensions to give it the functional a local government website needs.

Please take a look around the site to see how unique it is.

theprofessor Friend

Hello, I would like to nominate my site: http://www.schoolyourpool.com

The site is ice hockey based and uses the JA Opal template. I have about 15 writers contributing to the site and content is fresh every day. The site went ‘live’ on Sept 1 and we had a surprising 2500 visitors and 9000 page views on day 1!!

There are lots of components, modules, and plugins used and alterations made. Some are of the features of the site are:

-Joomla 1.5
    -Kunena Forum
    -Jom Social
    -Alpha User Points (with new rules written and modification to display user points in user profile!)
    -MyBlog
    -JomComment
    -JomTube
    -Related Articles
    -Alpha Content
    -Acajoom
    -SimpleLists
    -News Highlighter

-I also have a custom component called “Player Ranker” – check it out by clicking the “Player Ranker” tab in the main nav bar. It is a sorting program that uses xml file uploads and sorts player statistics based on custom parameters entered by the user. VERY handy.

-Even the Kunena Forum has a custom emoticon set to match the theme of my website.

This was my first attempt at building a website with Joomla and my second attampt at any website (the first was using Homestead, lol).

I appreciate your feedback, and hope for your vote! 🙂

Thanks
    http://www.schoolyourpool.com

belial Friend

http://www.cleopatra.cl/

I used Quartz template for design it.

Regards

ukfraternite Friend

http://www.imagineguinee.com

Using proudly Vauxite. This site’s unique look makes it the favourite for this September SOTM.

Your feedback is always well appreciated.

scotty Friend

Very very high standard this month… tough decision.

TomC Moderator

scotty;143335Very very high standard this month… tough decision.

I agree 100%

TomC Moderator

belial;143323http://www.cleopatra.cl/

I used Quartz template for design it.

Regards

Nice site . . . . but honestly, is the music really necessary?

mihirc Friend

Hello,

Yea! wow! all of a sudden, the minute i enter the competition, there are amazing sites made!!

Nice work developers! I love the sites, all of them actually!!

And yea, it will be a very tough competition.

Mihir Chhatre.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

This topic contains 49 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum