Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

this poll is suck… the people vote for anything, without thinking about customization work… that is, the real desing work!
    How will can win a clone joomlart template?

Finally, I think those are the rules….

cheers!

bennitos Friend

Well this seems to be more the case try and ask as much of your friends to sign up on here and vote and never come back. And i believe only members should be allowed to vote in the first place. I guess joomlart doesnt mind as it gets them more viewers or something.

I agree doing it like that is a easy win………i just refuse to do it like this tho, so i just wont “compete” again………….

jwellman Friend

I wrote to Hung about the competition. We are not talking about a $5 gift certificate to your favorite super store! This is a nice chunk of change to many people, especially the developers just starting out, such as our case. My sister and I have dabbled in design for several years but have both quit full-time jobs to develop. A developer’s package on Joomla Art is worth every penny, but nonetheless is quite costly for those just starting.

It’s too late to set up rules for this month but consideration should be given for future competitions. Why not make it a requirement that the people who vote have to post a message in the topic? My sister Rebecca signed up so she could vote, but at least she was honest in letting people know what she had done. She did half the work on the site so it was only fair that she vote.

Perhaps even writing the rules to say that the person voting be required to have at least 10-25 posts on the open forum. :confused: Or perhaps limiting the voting to licensed members only. There are several possibilities.

Hung did not reply to my PM so I’m not sure how he feels about the issue, but I think it would show respect to the honest developers of this site to cater to their needs. The sad part is, If all of us left this forum today it wouldn’t really matter. Joomla Art will still survive.

I’ve hosted a forum since 2000. It is no way near the size of this one (only 600+ members) but it is very active. I’ve had some of the same members for the entire eight years that we’ve been open. When they ask for something I try to meet their needs. Joomla Art’s forum does not have emotional ties that bind, but respect should be an issue no matter what the circumstance. Hopefully Hung will consider our requests.

As far as cheating to win? I’d rather lose…

beccaparks Friend

Ditto…….Sis!
    :-*

h2nation Friend

I thought the voting came from licensed members, I didn’t think I had get mom, little brother, guy next door to sign up to get a vote.:laugh:
    Of course I’m only whining because my site is : The Secret Unfolded

2Patrick Friend

Hi

I would like to suggest that JA list the template name next to the contestant’s url.

eg http://www.myJAsite.com ( Edenite/Joomla1.54)

Some of the site look very professional so it would be nice to know what actual template was used! 🙂

questbg Friend

<em>@h2nation 70015 wrote:</em><blockquote>I thought the voting came from licensed members
    </blockquote>

Indeed it does. If you’re not logged in, you can view the poll results, but you will receive a message saying “Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll”

However, I agree with beccaparks and sis, it would be nice if all the people who took the time to vote would leave a little comment as to why they chose the site they did. I try and do this every month when I vote.

It would also be nice if more registered members would take the time to pop in and vote.

30 votes from 7,000 active members is not very encouraging!

jwellman Friend

<em>@questbg 70018 wrote:</em><blockquote>Indeed it does. If you’re not logged in, you can view the poll results, but you will receive a message saying “Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll”</blockquote>
    Just an FYI, Becca is not a “licensed member.” I signed up and download all that we need. However she joined the forum and voted despite the fact she is listed as “unlicensed” her vote was still cast. Unlicensed members can vote.

questbg Friend

Ah, now I understand. Even though a member is ‘Unlicensed’, they can still register an account for the forum and vote anyways.

Mmmm … that could be open to misuse!

I believe it would be best if only Licensed Members (ie, those who have paid) should be allowed to vote

2Patrick Friend

Yes I agree with questbg

beccaparks Friend

<em>@questbg 70038 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ah, now I understand. Even though a member is ‘Unlicensed’, they can still register an account for the forum and vote anyways.

I believe it would be best if only Licensed Members (ie, those who have paid) should be allowed to vote</blockquote>

I AGREE!!!! Even though my name is not licensed my sites are. Jess and I have been working with quite a few of the templates and know what the layouts of most of the templates look like. It is just very discouraging to see all the votes go to sites that just add content.

I would not be disappointed losing if the voting was going to a well deserved site!! :((

http://www.drgomezlabougle.com/ Great Job! Quite a bit was changed and if I had not had a site in the contest this month that is who I would have voted for.

TomC Moderator

<em>@questbg 70038 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ah, now I understand. Even though a member is ‘Unlicensed’, they can still register an account for the forum and vote anyways.

I believe it would be best if only Licensed Members (ie, those who have paid) should be allowed to vote</blockquote>
    Agree as well !!

Michael Casha Friend

Poll closed.

Winner will be announced shortly.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum