Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Please vote in the poll for the winner of this month’s Site Of The Month competition! 🙂

Domains that were nominated however are not licensed were not added to this poll. If your nominated site does not appear in the poll, please contact MiCCAS for more information on resolving the problem.

questbg Friend

Some great sites again, congrats to everyone.

My vote nearly went to:

http://www.biketrain.ca
    Really liked the site, clean, sharp layout and typography. Well done. My only ‘downer’ was the fact that with all the animated banners it took an absolute age to load. Nice though.

However, at the end of the day, I had to give it to:

http://www.thesecretunfolded.com

Awesome site. Text, graphics, layout and content in perfect harmony. Great job.

I’d also like to offer my congratulations to http://www.mpsrun.com a lovely site for a worthy cause … well done.

jwellman Friend

Dang! I knew I should have put up my Pariiti journal! 😉
    Thanks for the kudos questbg.

mirena Friend

i like the positive colors on onoored.ee 🙂

TomC Moderator

<em>@questbg 68636 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    However, at the end of the day, I had to give it to:

http://www.thesecretunfolded.com

Awesome site. Text, graphics, layout and content in perfect harmony. Great job.
    </blockquote>
    With all due respect to the site owner – that site is basically JA-Pariti Quickstart (out of the box) with only the most minor of changes.
    I mean, might as well be voting for the JA-Pariti demo itself.

It’s just my personal opinion . . . but in considering a “Site of the Month,” I prefer to see some visible creative effort in customizing the base template into something a bit more unique.

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Jessica’s Journal gets my “Write In” vote!
    Sweet job.

bennitos Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 69005 wrote:</em><blockquote>With all due respect to the site owner – that site is basically JA-Pariti Quickstart (out of the box) with only the most minor of changes.
    I mean, might as well be voting for the JA-Pariti demo itself.

It’s just my personal opinion . . . but in considering a “Site of the Month,” I prefer to see some visible creative effort in customizing the base template into something a bit more unique.</blockquote>

Yeah, i would have had better chances to just keep everything standard i guess. I know everything is a matter of taste but when i see sites who are almost out of the box quickstart gets more votes so far when i know i’ve adjusted a lot of things on mine it still stings lol.

I think the biketrain one looks good tho its in good balance and just looks really done 🙂

Ps. @ tom havent been able to fix the IE6 problems yet :((

kajantek Friend

My preferite site is http://www.dubbelgevoel.nl/, I like everything in it…
    the owner has really done a great job… if I just think that I didn’t like JaPariiti… I say everything!!!
    Excellent…

jwellman Friend

<em>@bennitos 69025 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yeah, i would have had better chances to just keep everything standard i guess. I know everything is a matter of taste but when i see sites who are almost out of the box quickstart gets more votes so far when i know i’ve adjusted a lot of things on mine it still stings</blockquote>
    Ditto! 😉

bennitos Friend

<em>@jwellman 69032 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ditto! ;)</blockquote>

Than thats not the only thing we have in common, both are sites for charity.

Yours for treatment of childrens with an MPS or ML disorder, Mine for raising money to cure child cancer/leukimia.

Yours looks really good, and its very clear that you have put a lot of time in customising and working on the small details. And for what its worth thx for making an great effort in helping those childrens!

jwellman Friend

Thank you Bennitos. When your heart goes into a site customizing is an easy task. I can’t wait to show you the one we are doing now. If all goes well, it should be ready by the end of this month.

P.S. Is it allowed to invite friends to vote? It’s obvious that sometimes the voting for monthly contests seem to sway that way. 😉

jwellman Friend

Words are failing me… 😀

beccaparks Friend

I am Rebecca, a developer for Angel Trumpet Designs and Jessica’s sister :-*

I voted for our site. MPS Run There was quite a bit of work that went into getting site prepared. We really had a great time putting it together.

We are working on another site right now and since it looks like this months voting is pretty much decided maybe we will have a better chance next month. 😉

anisjolly Friend

again – i think people vote for the templates that look practically the same as the demo.

it’s not fair on the ones that have had a fair bit of work done to them rather than a few nice images and color changes here and there.

is that talent?

moveteam Friend

I like the biketrain.ca site the most. It’s clean and unique.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Casha 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum