Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

your plan is good for the customizations, but only works if the ja team is scalable and has the excess programming/development capacity to handle the work load.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@mj1256 87169 wrote:</em><blockquote>your plan is good for the customizations, but only works if the ja team is scalable and has the excess programming/development capacity to handle the work load.</blockquote>

You are thinking inside the box MJ. Many of the questions that members ask, just like this on Community Builder are beyond the scope of Joomlart.

Besides, if Joomlart cannot adequately handle their customer support and “information” obligation to members. Thus, we should not expect expect Joomlart staff to provide such added services.

Especially in this worldwide recession, we should not expect Joomlart to add more staff for custom services — that will be a fixed cost. And, if the expected earnings from custom work will not pan out, they will be saddled with that added cost.

What I have in mind therefore would be a Collaborative Support Group that would tackle issues not only about issues related to Joomlart templates or Joomla, but key extensions as well as other technical issues needed to create a website.

That is what most of us need, including myself — to tackle problems that we confront — apart from the help that we now get within Joomlart.

We should not forget that a significant part of the technical support provided in this forum and many forums I participate in are provided by members themselves — not the inner core staff of a group.

This will be the solution I have in mind. No need to have fixed cost. Technical support on demand, and by mutual agreement between both parties. The Collaborative Support Group I have in mind is based on this principle.

Of course, there are times that the technical expertise may be beyond the scope fo the membership. So, that is where those within the group who are interested to get something done can band together, and minimize their individual costs.

As it is now, some customers seek related technical support/service and absorb the cost individually. The CB Registration-Login feature raised here is a good example. I know at least several guys who have sought customization for this.

Cornelio

mj1256 Friend

<blockquote>You are thinking inside the box MJ. Many of the questions that members ask, just like this on Community Builder are beyond the scope of Joomlart.</blockquote>

that is my point, ja may not have the resources to do this.

so you want to the community to contribute to the programing/development needs

kewl concept,

swemmel Friend

I did solved the problem of the login for Community Builder with a toppanel. For me this works fine and it is better than hide the login somewhere in the left or right column.

See here: http://ppcd.swem-webdesign.com

Peter

migors Friend

I dlike to know how jou managed with log in , your site is closed.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  migors 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum