Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hello, I have an issue where the JA Alumni slows down the course page generated by the Shika extension

We came to this conclusion after testing it with other templates (example Joomla Protostar). The interesting part is that the issue disappears whenever a user logs in and goes to the same page.

We believe this might started after upgrading to the latest T3 system plugin, but we are not sure.

I have enclosed the testing URL’s and admin info for the site so you can check it yourself.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Sima,

Could you clarify in more details to replicate the issue? I logged into your site an open a course but it looks normally.

Sima Friend

That is correct, when you are logged in it looks normal but not when you are not logged in. Please try the same link but without being logged in. Thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Here is screenshot when I open a course without login: http://prntscr.com/fo917x

I see it looks the same as after I login (the only difference is the Enroll / Set Goal button on the right side)

Could you send me screenshot highlighting the issue here?

Sima Friend

That it looks the same is not the issue. The issue is that it takes forever to load when you are NOT logged in. When you are logged in, it takes about 6.51s without optimization. When you are NOT logged in, the same page takes 30.19s to load.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Pls have a look at this screenshot: http://prntscr.com/fokpyc

In the highlighted area, the above part is files from 3rd party extension, it takes time to load these files, below are some compressed css/js files from JA Alumni template.

You can try to inspect in your browser and see the same.

Sima Friend

I don’t know why you are getting that result, because I am not getting anything similar (see attached screenshot). Regardless, that doesn’t really matter anyway. The issue is that it ONLY HAPPENS with the JA Alumni (or maybe T3 template) template when NOT LOGGED IN. Whenever you try any other third party template everything works just fine.

1. Capture-1
    Saguaros Moderator

I investigate further on this and figure out that the problem comes from 2 custom modules you created in ‘position-7’ and ‘position-8’ positions. You can try to disable them and see the difference, it will load well.

Sima Friend

Well that is strange, these are just two custom modules that came with the template and the only thing they contain is a bit of HTML to display an address….

Any idea why they might be causing this?

Saguaros Moderator

I see you added some FA icons there, could you try to change to content as default?

Sima Friend

Sorry for the late reply, I added the default content that came with the template but it is the same issue. I made a copy of the site to another server to experiment more and unless you disable those modules there is 0 performance increase. I will post the login credentials in a private ticket.

Sima Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Saguaros Moderator

It loads fine in this copy site: http://prntscr.com/ftrp5o Is that right?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum