Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Ok, I managed to fix the PM issues my self, after a bit of experimenting in Firebug. Note that all changes are in red. First you need to download <joomla>/components/com_community/templates/ja_sulfur/inbox.write.php. Go to around line 62 and fine

<table class="inbox-right">
    <tr>
    <td>

<table>
    Change this to:

<table class="inbox-right">
    <tr>
    <td width="90%">

<table width="70%">
    Then find (around line 91):

<td>
    <div class="receiverList">

And change to:

<td width="10%">
    <div class="receiverList">

Then you need to make some CSS changes. First download <joomla>/templates/ja_sulfur/css/colors/<color>.css
    Go to around line 29 and find:

.inputbox {
    background: #000000 !important;
    border: 1px solid #212121 !important;
    color: #757575 !important;
    }

And change this to:

.inputbox {
    width: 270px;
    }

This might work better with 100% instead of 270px.
    Then add the following rule:

div.receiverList .inputbox {
    width: 150px;
    }

To style the override the width: 270px; on receiver list (if you use 100% instead of 270px, this might not be necessary). If you want to change the height of the message body box, you need to do some more changes to inbox.write.php. Around line 78, find:

<textarea id="message-body" name="body" class="inputbox required textarea">
    Change this to:

<textarea id="message-body" name="body" class="inputbox required textarea" rows="10">

EDIT:
    Forgot one edit box, so there is one more CSS update. Again open <color>.css and add this rule after the previous rule you added:

div.inbox-reply textarea#replybox {
    width:400px;
    height:150px;
    }

Have JA staff been able to check out my other issues?

magnusb Friend

Ok, I applied the video page fix by plumber34, and after some editing of my own, I fixed the photo view error. I also had a look at profile avatar sorting error, and I figured this is because of un unified sizing of avatars. So I thought I could apply a CSS rule to fix this, and sure enough:

li.avatar-list-item img { .... }
    will fix this. But applying this, the tooltip is not working (i.e. hovering the avatar, the “raw html” will show, not the black box that is supposed to appear. Any idea?

ganzuelo Friend

I am putting together the source files for this. I am going to use the default template and mod it to look apart of JA Sulfur. No offence to JA but this is byfar the worst looking Jomsocial template that a template club has made. PM here if you want those files to use. I am using the green theme

magnusb Friend

I am using the black color, been trying to fix the issues at hand my self, but each time I manage to solve something, another problem arise. At least I managed to fix the PM issues, they were not that hard. Some others are harder, as they can’t be solved by simple html and CSS (most seems to be javascript issues). I am considering switching to blackout or similar, as using Sulfur limits my JS usabillity.

Anonymous Moderator

Hi

I am terribly sorry for my delay.

I would like to answer your questions as follows:

1. Users are not able to edit bulletins, the edit button shows, but clicking it have no effect.

=> I could not find this issue. I have checked your website and saw that it is working fine.
    2. Frontpage userlist avatars are resized if you change the filter (click on Active or popular, will not return to original size). Not a major issue, but still annoying.

=> Please open componentscom_communitytemplatesja_sulfurcssstyle.css file, at the end of file, add following code:
    #membersBox .avatar {
    width: 60px !important;
    height: 60px !important;
    }
    3. Wall comments (i.e. reply on a wall post) will show as open, while it should default to closed, it also shows a white back ground instead of the black that is default everywhere else.
    => I saw that you fixed it.

4. Private messages edit box are way to small. It should at least be wide enough to have 1 sentence per line, and not two or three words, maybe just one if the word is long. (SOLVED)

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@magnusb 136329 wrote:</em><blockquote>Noted another issue, with the dates in the activity stream. The date will change alignment if from frontpage to profile. The frontpage looks like this:

All dates are nicely aligned to the right.

When I filter for me and friends, it depends on “the length” of the activity.</blockquote>

Please try with my guider:

+ Open componentscom_communitytemplatesja_sulfuractivities.index.php file, at about line 38, find following code:

<td class="created">
    <?php echo $act->created; ?>
    </td>

<?php if($isMine): ?>
    <td class="action">
    <a class="remove" onclick="jax.call('community', 'activities,ajaxHideActivity' , '<?php echo $my->id; ?>' , '<?php echo $act->id; ?>');" href="javascript:void(0);">
    <span><?php echo JText::_('Hide');?></span>
    </a>
    </td>

and change to:

<td class="created" align="right">
    <?php echo $act->created; ?>
    </td>

<?php if($isMine): ?>
    <td class="action" align="right">
    <a class="remove" onclick="jax.call('community', 'activities,ajaxHideActivity' , '<?php echo $my->id; ?>' , '<?php echo $act->id; ?>');" href="javascript:void(0);">
    <span><?php echo JText::_('Hide');?></span>
    </a>
    </td>

+ Open components/com_community/templates/ja_sulfur/css/shared.css file, at about line 314, find following code:

#community-wrap a.remove:link,
    #community-wrap a.remove:visited {
    background: transparent url(../images/remove.gif) no-repeat 0 0;
    height: 16px;
    line-height: 16px;
    outline-style: none;
    position: absolute;
    right: 5px;
    text-indent: -9999em;
    top: 5px;
    width: 16px;
    }

#community-wrap a.approve:link,
    #community-wrap a.approve:visited {
    background: transparent url(../images/approve.gif) no-repeat 0 0;
    position: absolute;
    right: 5px;
    top: 5px;
    }

and change to:

#community-wrap a.remove:link,
    #community-wrap a.remove:visited {
    background: transparent url(../images/remove.gif) no-repeat 0 0;

}

#community-wrap a.approve:link,
    #community-wrap a.approve:visited {
    background: transparent url(../images/approve.gif) no-repeat 0 0;

}

Anonymous Moderator

Please send me a notification via PM if you have any question

magnusb Friend

<em>@JA Developer 144247 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    1. Users are not able to edit bulletins, the edit button shows, but clicking it have no effect.

=> I could not find this issue. I have checked your website and saw that it is working fine.
    [/quote]
    I am not able to edit, in Firefox 3.0 nor 3.1. No matter, I suspect his is a JS issue, changing to blackout template made the problem persevere. I think I mentioned this in an earlier post.
    <em>@JA Developer 144247 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    3. Wall comments (i.e. reply on a wall post) will show as open, while it should default to closed, it also shows a white back ground instead of the black that is default everywhere else.
    => I saw that you fixed it.
    [/quote]
    Fixed the styling, the boxes are still appearing as open. No idea where to fix this either. I have more or less given up on this template though…

Anonymous Moderator

1. I am not able to edit, in Firefox 3.0 nor 3.1. No matter, I suspect his is a JS issue, changing to blackout template made the problem persevere. I think I mentioned this in an earlier post.

=> I am sorry for this case. Now, my firefox is 3.5.3. Hope someone will help you to solve it.

2. Fixed the styling, the boxes are still appearing as open. No idea where to fix this either. I have more or less given up on this template though…

=> Open componentscom_communitytemplatesja_sulfurcssstyle.css file, add following code to the end of file:

.wall-coc-form {
    display: none;
    }

magnusb Friend

I am testing it out, having a bit of problems with my connection for some reason right now. Think it is my wireless acting up again, anyway, the activity stream seemed to be just as unorganized after applying the fix. In fact, it seems even worse now:

magnusb Friend

^ ^

<td class="action" align="right" width="5%">

Seemed to do it, if there isnt a better solution

I also had to override the default photo thumbnail size and profile friend list thumbnail style to 60×60, to ensure sorting was correctly.

And I am experiencing difficulties with the componentheading on photo and video views.
    If I am viewing all photos, or one of my own albums / photos it will look like this:

If I am looking at another random user’s photo / album / whatever it looks like this:

I am using a bit big resolution, sorry about that, but you can clearly see the <span> is severly misplaced with respect to the <div class=”componentheading”>

I have applied some of my own CSS to fix it at one half (other photos / whatever than your own), but I am not able to make it work for both.

ganzuelo Friend

this is wrong. This should be applied to an update of this template. it is second rate that we have to hack the code to fix ourselves

amejat Friend

<em>@ganzuelo 145745 wrote:</em><blockquote>this is wrong. This should be applied to an update of this template. it is second rate that we have to hack the code to fix ourselves</blockquote>

Could not agree more !

However… after more than a year of membership, I realize that Joomlart NEVER updates their templates.

If oyu send an email to their “support” service, they will forward you to the forum without realizing that the template should have been updated and fixed.

I stopped trying to explain them as they send me unuseful emails and refuse to understand that WE JUST ASK THEM TO UPDATE AND FIX TEMPLATES.

jhendric1000 Friend

Have these fixes been incorporated into the latest release of the template?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi jhendric1000

I have reported this issue to our team for checking.

I will inform you very soon

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum