Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

The current version of Teline II (1.3) and the related modules have pretty good number of bugs.
    Most of them are resolved by me in posts in this forum and I see no reason, why there is no new version 1.4, where all these are fixed?

It is the case, that not JA, but me and other users fixed these bugs (which is assumed to be done by JA), but JA doesn’t make even effort to apply these fixes and to repack a new version. This is not professional and I will repeat it till you don’t change your attitude.

In order to even facilitate more the process, I will summarize here all known and fixed bugs:

1. SEF (the built-in) is not working, when using categories in JA News. Fix:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/solved-two-major-bugs-in-teline-ii-sef-and-highslide-appearance-in-ie6/

2. Scrolls appear in the registration when using IE6 and JA Highslide. Fix:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/solved-two-major-bugs-in-teline-ii-sef-and-highslide-appearance-in-ie6/

3. Date handling – fix to use the Joomla! function (using it in different languages) Fix:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/solution-date-translation-the-better-way/

4. Fix of JA News to work with Joom!Fish and change of hardcoded text to JText in JA News:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=59428&postcount=6

5. Changing of hardcoded texts to JText:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=59430&postcount=3

6. Plus one additional. Change templates/ja_teline_ii/html/mod_login/default.php line 47

<input type="submit" name="Submit" class="button" value="<?php echo JText::_('Login') ?>" />
    to

<input type="submit" name="Submit" class="button" value="<?php echo JText::_('BUTTON_LOGIN') ?>" />

There is one another, I hope I will fix soon:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=59091&postcount=1

Thank you for fixing it.

citron Friend

I think that aso there are some problems with Mac, Safari. Later i’ll try to provide some screen shots.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@VisiGod 59515 wrote:</em><blockquote>The current version of Teline II (1.3) and the related modules have pretty good number of bugs.
    Most of them are resolved by me in posts in this forum and I see no reason, why there is no new version 1.4, where all these are fixed?

It is the case, that not JA, but me and other users fixed these bugs (which is assumed to be done by JA), but JA doesn’t make even effort to apply these fixes and to repack a new version. This is not professional and I will repeat it till you don’t change your attitude.

In order to even facilitate more the process, I will summarize here all known and fixed bugs:

1. SEF (the built-in) is not working, when using categories in JA News. Fix:

2. Scrolls appear in the registration when using IE6 and JA Highslide. Fix:

3. Date handling – fix to use the Joomla! function (using it in different languages) Fix:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/solution-date-translation-the-better-way/

4. Fix of JA News to work with Joom!Fish and change of hardcoded text to JText in JA News:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=59428&postcount=6

5. Changing of hardcoded texts to JText:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=59430&postcount=3

6. Plus one additional. Change templates/ja_teline_ii/html/mod_login/default.php line 47

<input type="submit" name="Submit" class="button" value="<?php echo JText::_('Login') ?>" />

to

<input type="submit" name="Submit" class="button" value="<?php echo JText::_('BUTTON_LOGIN') ?>" />

There is one another, I hope I will fix soon:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showpost.php?p=59091&postcount=1

Thank you for fixing it.</blockquote>

Keep up the good work, VisiGod. Apart from the “errors”, I am as concerned about the sluggishness of the Joomla -JA Teline II combination, more so with Joomla 1.5.

I was comparing the two versions of the templates used with Joomla 1.0x, and 1.5x; and it looks like the way the templates were configured were different for Joomla 1.0x, and Joomla 1.5x. A part of it would be due to the greater complexity of Joomla 1.5x. However, I see no reason why some features, like the CSS specifications should vary too much. It is as if the one who developed the template for the Joomla 1.0x is not the same team as the group for Joomla 1.5x, and worse, if there are two group developers, they did not coordinate.

Cornelio

VisiGod Friend

Is there someone from JA who will at least write one row as response?

shackbase Friend

It makes no sense to have to manually apply the fixes when as VisiGod says – JA should update the current release with the fixes listed.

And it is not just Teline II – I expect that when I download any template, that the download includes all fixes found and fixed up to that time. It just makes sense.

And wasn’t the new notification system supposed to alert you when there was a new updated download available? I am subscribed (downloaded) on every single available template and I cannot recall getting a single email alert.

–Tone

questbg Friend

<em>@citron 59518 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think that aso there are some problems with Mac, Safari. Later i’ll try to provide some screen shots.</blockquote>

Oh yes indeed. Like my links not working in Firefox, but work in Safari (but only if ‘non navigation’ is applied). Then text size + and – not working in Safari, but working in Firefox.

Don’t even get me started on IE … that’s all over the place :((

subfighter Friend

that was my question there are many bugs in the templates and how do we go about getting them fixed and updated… do we get an alert and then uninstall and reinstall the template??

or is there manual list of fixes as i am looking at Visigod and he seems to have a list of bugs and fixes.. do we have to implement ourselves….

cgc0202 Friend

Unfortunately, for now, we have to do it the hard way, do it ourselves, especially if you wish to use Joomla 1.5x — if you wait for the global fix from Joomlart, it may take “forever”.

If I am not mistaken, the stand alone JA Teline 1.3.1(?) templates is supposed to be a fix(?), but when my JA News disappeared, too long explain the cause here, but, when I tried that, it introduced new bugs too. It was simpler for me to start from a clean install using the QuickStart.

There are issues, but quite a few of them are not due to the JA Teline II template but inherent in Joomla 1.5x webpage name, SEF issues, changing names in the menu, etc. Many of these have been resolved from answers in the forum — you just have to have the patience of Job.

I am focusing my attention now on Joomla 1.0x because I think Joomla 1.5x is not really as ready yet, even if it is claimed to be stable.

One of the real long term solutions to our predicament actually is to persuade Joomlart to stop its Sysiphean attempt to create two templates a month. It is obvious that for one reason or another, Joomlart just does not have sufficient staff or “reserve” templates to do this. So, unless Joomlart goes to 1-template a month, just like Gavick does — expect the same problem to remain in the future.

The impact — most templates come out before they are ready — not fully debugged, no instruction manual. The snowballing problem — many of us wanting to have these problems solved, and pronto. It is just not going to happen.

While it is not a give outcome, with more time in-between templates when 1-template a month is adopted, this extra time may give Joomlart web designers more leeway to pause and deal with bugs. Also, Joomlart must really consider hiring someone to write better and more comprehensive manuals — with FAQs and Tutorials relevant to specific templates, and for all templates or Joomla-related issues themselves.

Also, as correctly noted by Joomlart Moderators, Joomlart is not obligated to resolve problems that are inherent in the Joomla 1.5x script and not in the template.

It is unfair for Joomlart to be ciriticized for the shortcomings of Joomla.

A far better solution for these more general issues (related to Joomla, html, scripting, third party extensions, hosting service, etc.) is that we band together, perhaps chip in to pay for the cost of someone more knowledgeable to do what we want done. Really, if there are more of us, the costs per individual would be much less.

I proposed something like this a few weeks ago, in regard the “Registration-Login” module, but there was not much positive response. We want something done but we do not want to spend the money.

We want the moon and stars given to us in a gold platter, but we want to pay only $49 or $59 or $69 — for that.

In other words, we want everything to be free or at a very very low cost, if we can get away with it. We demand from Joomlart: You promised, and you must deliver. We collectively stomp our feet and hackle expecting it will lead to a resolution.

We have to wake up. The same problems and complaints have been raised before I joined (reading past postings), and they are being discussed (see Feedback section) and will be raised again and again.

Just ponder this, the amount of time we spend posting may cost more if we paid ourselves for this effort. It might be far cheaper therefore if we band together and find solutions that will lead to practical answers, on top of just howling together when the intended recipient may be blind, deaf or just plain insensitive to our complaints.

This is not to mean that we should not voice our copmlaints — because we should, and we must continue to do so until Joomlart sees the wisdom of our suggestions.

In the meantime, we must take palliative solutions so that our website will finally become working site.s

Cornelio

VisiGod Friend

Sorry Cornelio, but there are few points here:
    1. All the bugs I found in Teline II working on Joomla! 1.5 are either bugs in the template or the extensions that come with the template. My current dev environment works pretty good, after I fixed these. So these bugs are no inherent of 1.5, but of JA products.
    2. I do not expect JA to fix bugs that are inherent for 1.5, but with this release it is more than obvious, they didn’t do their job. There was 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and people continue finding bugs.
    3. One template per month is not a solution at all. There will be just another excuse (or actually lack of excuse, because JA are so arogant that they even do not excuse for their failures) for something not being done.
    4. Price is low here, but that’s the market. If they increase it, people will move.
    5. See for how long time, none of the JA staff has replied here? It was a polite suggestion to fix their mess, WITH SOLUTIONS PROVIDED.

And I honestly think, that the only goal that JA have is to build-up the next demo, which attracts the new customers. If you change anything on that demo (quickstart), it brokes. Why? Because they understand that their business is in building demos to attract new customers and that’s it.

subfighter Friend

visiGOD since you seem to know what you are doing. Maybe you can help here as no one from joomlart told me how to solve the issue only that it was a bug..

If you click on the TABS menu and YOUTUBE and watch a video it works the first time.. But when you trying to play the vide again it comes up Blank..

mayke Friend

Agreed with shackbase and subfighter,

I think JoomlArt should have and hired VisiGod!

There is to many bugs has made me confused, which one is best from the released templates,
    I hv tried on my localhost comp, the videos – drive ur way, even I have changes the path, the videos still blank….hmh…

There is nothing to do with the price specially when we see that JoomlArt has lot’s of members,
    this is about the quality and professionalism has promised.

Wishes, there is final released real the fixed one called Stable.

:confused:

subfighter Friend

<em>@VisiGod 59901 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry Cornelio, but there are few points here:
    1. All the bugs I found in Teline II working on Joomla! 1.5 are either bugs in the template or the extensions that come with the template. My current dev environment works pretty good, after I fixed these. So these bugs are no inherent of 1.5, but of JA products.
    2. I do not expect JA to fix bugs that are inherent for 1.5, but with this release it is more than obvious, they didn’t do their job. There was 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and people continue finding bugs.
    3. One template per month is not a solution at all. There will be just another excuse (or actually lack of excuse, because JA are so arogant that they even do not excuse for their failures) for something not being done.
    4. Price is low here, but that’s the market. If they increase it, people will move.
    5. See for how long time, none of the JA staff has replied here? It was a polite suggestion to fix their mess, WITH SOLUTIONS PROVIDED.

And I honestly think, that the only goal that JA have is to build-up the next demo, which attracts the new customers. If you change anything on that demo (quickstart), it brokes. Why? Because they understand that their business is in building demos to attract new customers and that’s it.</blockquote>

joomlart please give a manual update on what needs to be updated from version to version.. what exactly changed and fixed..

because there is no instruction on how we are supposed to update our site from an older version.. seems a waste to uninstall and install everything…

shackbase Friend

I agree with Visigod – there are a ton of moderators that put their 2 cents in whenever, and they really do their best to help out and so do non-mods like Cornelio and Visigod as well.

No often do you see any comments from Hung or any of the owners. I have for the longest time wondered, who are the real designers and how large is the company really? Does anyone know?

The fact that we need to apply patches that have emerged in the forums is asinine and there cannot be any excuse from JA why they cannot keep their releases updated with the fixes from the forums.

Which leads me what really struck a chord with me from Visigod’s post, JoomlArt really don’t care because they just want to churn out demos to attract additional clients.

The same clients that do not have access to the forums (until they’ve paid), and since they do not have access, they don’t know the shear amount of unhappy clients at JoomlArt.

Maybe that is why the forums are private?

–Tone

citron Friend

“One more” bug. I don’t know if is already mentioned.

In IE6 when you click the tab YOUTUBE and click on the some link you will open new slide(window) and you will see the movie inside. So when you run the movie (play) and after you click “CLOSE”, you will close the slide but the movie still playing. So you can click on the next link and repeat the procedure and you will get sound from the both videos.

So to stop the movie you should open again the first link and click on the youtube navigation “stop”.

There should be some command – Stop Video, Close Slide (window)

VisiGod Friend

Well, you can not change the script of Youtube 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

This topic contains 51 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  terp 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum