Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

I guess it must be the lighter version you were asking for 😉

The Light Version

jwellman Friend

Coooool!! 😎

toddah Friend

Let me see if I have this right. The 2nd October template will be 3 days late, is a rehash of the first October template, and will be released before a weekend (which JA said is a no-no). Tell me again why this is supposed to excite us and give us comfort that even as a 1 a month club, JA will keep its promises.

midgard Friend

Everyone went (okay not everyone) “Please sir, can we have a light version”

JA went “Okay, we will re-do all the images and make a light version, listening to our forum members and community”

The amount of modification over Sanidine, with Fireboard and CB, means that this is a good template, that people wanted a light version of. The fact they are now listening to its community must be a plus right?

mfcphil Friend

as I understand it there is a ton of work involved in the making of a Sanidine 2, it not simply a case of changing the colour codes.

The Sanidine template is proving to be a success, but not everyone likes or can use the darker templates, so making the Sanidine 2 so early is a big bonus to MOST of the members..

midgard Friend

Agreed. Im all for it, and I think the idea, of doing a good template, and then if people want an alt verson of it, doing a pt2 is a good thing.

questbg Friend

Looks jolly nice to me! 🙂

However, I think maybe a totally new one before a rehash would have been great (they could have releaed v.2 next month and kept both camps happy).

Nice template though

bigrk Friend

I definitely have a use for a lighter version of this template. I thank JA for making this available so quick. Looking forward to seeing it!

🙂

cyberaxis Friend

Thanks so much! 🙂

reachthesky Friend

well. I think a light version is a plus. Sanidine is a great template and of course, a 2.0 version is something most of us were looking forward to.

mae82my Friend

if this is the light version then it is a great news then… 🙂 another 2 day more will be released…were looking fwd into it…;) Great job!

amejat Friend

I have to say I am impressed by Joomlart reactivity and I hope this version 2.0 will take into account forum comments. If it is the case (cause at the moment we can just guess what 2.0 will be…), then Joomlart has an amazing user service !

My hopes for 2.0:
    – Lighter version (dark is not usable for business)
    – FREE and updated tools.

More precisely: Community Builder is just a shame and you have to pay for CB1.2 RC3 which is not stable and not FREE (whereas CB1.1 is not even compatible with Joomla 1.5…). Use JOOMUNITY !!! which is FREE and OPEN SOURCE and compatible natively with Joomla 1.5.

Same comment about Fireboard… which still has to run in legacy mode. Come on guies !!! CB and Fireboard WERE great products but their developers simply sucked not being able to release native versions of their products !

And I hate the current CB policy forcing you to pay to get access to their code: it is neither a free nor open source project !

swemmel Friend

amejat;87451More precisely: Community Builder is just a shame and you have to pay for CB1.2 RC3 which is not stable and not FREE (whereas CB1.1 is not even compatible with Joomla 1.5…). Use JOOMUNITY !!! which is FREE and OPEN SOURCE and compatible natively with Joomla 1.5.

I am not agree with you. I paid 25 euro to get into CB1.2RC3 and I did not regret 1 moment. CB1.2RC3 is the most stable version of CB ever and it is still a RC. By the way the 25 euro is for developers/firms who want to get to the code early for developing their own components/plugins for CB. Community Builder will be free when it is stable. And be honest, 25 euro will not kill you, isn’t it?

Peter

swemmel Friend

questbg;87308Looks jolly nice to me! 🙂

However, I think maybe a totally new one before a rehash would have been great (they could have releaed v.2 next month and kept both camps happy).

Nice template though

When they wait longer and bring out a second version there are other members complaining that JA is only throwing old templates together to get a new one. Now there was a significant amount of requests for this. So it is logical that they release it now. As far as I know the JoomlArt-team they will also get in some new things, it will be not only changing the graphics.

Peter

swemmel Friend

amejat;87451Same comment about Fireboard… which still has to run in legacy mode. Come on guies !!! CB and Fireboard WERE great products but their developers simply sucked not being able to release native versions of their products !

First, what is wrong with legacy mode? I have the feeling that you do not even understand what is legacy mode. A lot of people think that legacy mode is less secure than native mode. WRONG! Legacy mode is just as safe as native mode. It is only a plugin for backward compatibility. Nothing less/nothing more.

Second. Who are you to tell that the developers of FB and CB suck. Did you ever pay any cent to the open source community? I bet NO. It is FREE you know. If you want something that completely fill your needs and your wants, go to the Joomlancers website and hire a freelancer to do it for you or do it yourself. >:(

Peter

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

This topic contains 36 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  jimmer 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum