Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am using JA Methys on Joomla! 1.6.3.

I am trying to upgrade my extensions using JA Extension Manager.

I have selected JoomlArt Updades for the updates service manager. When I check on the extension I would like to upgrade, I can see that there are new versions available. However, when I click on upgrade, I get always get this error message:

Errors occured during upgrading, please fix them fist
    Mysql path is not configed
    Mysql Dump path is not configed
    Local repository path is not configed

How do I come about this, please? I have several websites and extensions to upgrade and I keep getting the same frustrating message.

Please, S.O.S

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend
    iguinee Friend

Thank you for that.

I have configured it but, I met this issue:

Response from JoomlArt Updater Service: Your account does not have enough permission to take this action. Please contact “JoomlArt Updater Service” for more information or use another account.
    Upgrade failured

iguinee Friend

All sorted.

I needed to go to Services and then click on Edit (Joomlart Updates) and then input my credentials.

I did not know that all this is required. This extensions comes FREE. How does no-JA members update their extensions, as they do not have any subscription to JA?

Phill Moderator

It is only certain things that require the subscription to be entered. For instance the JAT3 plugin can be updated or the free templates but JAEC Components and JATC Templates can only be updated if you have a valid active account.

marmor Friend

<em>@thanhnv 246318 wrote:</em><blockquote>The answer can be found here
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-1-6-extension-manager-errors/</blockquote>

all nice but can we free users get to know the solution to:((

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

<em>@iguinee 246462 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you for that.

I have configured it but, I met this issue:

Response from JoomlArt Updater Service: Your account does not have enough permission to take this action. Please contact “JoomlArt Updater Service” for more information or use another account.
    Upgrade failured
    </blockquote>

You can read an answer for this issue on this thread

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/updates-2/

iguinee Friend

I have entered all the credentials required. In fact, I have upgraded other extensions. But this plugin seems to be reluctant to upgrade.

I have a developer subscription; so I do not believe it is a permission issue.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

I have created task on our bug tracker system for this issue.
    You can check status of that task at the link
    http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECCOMJAEXTMANAGERJIVI-32

kanum Friend

<em>@Thanh Nguyen 246318 wrote:</em><blockquote>The answer can be found here
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/ja-1-6-extension-manager-errors/</blockquote>

Hi,

I have same problem, bu as do not have a “premium” access I dont can find the answer for issue. Help.

Thanks

Phill Moderator

Please detail you problem in full and I will see if I can help.

kanum Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 262664 wrote:</em><blockquote>Please detail you problem in full and I will see if I can help.</blockquote>

My issue is:

<blockquote>Errors occured during upgrading, please fix them fist
    Mysql path is not configed
    Mysql Dump path is not configed
    Local repository path is not configed</blockquote>

I get the errors above, for example when I try update a upload component, template, etc.

If you can me help I really aprecciate.

Thanks

Phill Moderator

Sure, they are just simple setup problems. The first 2 you simply go to the configurstion manager tab and hit save. It will setup the paths correctly

The final one you just need to select where the component manager is looking. If you look at any item in the list that you want to update you will see on the far right that it is set to local repositry. If you click on that you can set it to JA Updates so from then on when you try to update that component it will look at the ja updater service for the updates.

There are some more advanced settings all of which can be found on the wiki – http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Extensions_Manager/How-to#Introduction

kanum Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 262819 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sure, they are just simple setup problems. The first 2 you simply go to the configurstion manager tab and hit save. It will setup the paths correctly

The final one you just need to select where the component manager is looking. If you look at any item in the list that you want to update you will see on the far right that it is set to local repositry. If you click on that you can set it to JA Updates so from then on when you try to update that component it will look at the ja updater service for the updates.

There are some more advanced settings all of which can be found on the wiki – http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Extensions_Manager/How-to#Introduction</blockquote>

Thanks for help 🙂

One thing, how long take for example for update a template? I ask it because I have on tempate on update around 5 min and nothing only appears: Processing. Please wait…

Thanks again

Phill Moderator

Usually quite quickly. Sometimes though problems do occur and it takes longer. It could also be some of your files or folders are not writable by the script so you would need to check the permissions on your server.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum