Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am having trouble removing the Joomlart Copyright text while still maintaining the copyright module.

I want the module to be published with the following text:

<blockquote>© 2010, The Samii Family. All Rights Reserved.</blockquote>

I have added that into the “License and Copyright” Module.

I have commented out the T3 logo and link.

But I cannot eliminate the following text:

<blockquote>”Designed by JoomlArt.com.
    Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.”</blockquote>

Where is that and how can I delete or comment it out?

uniquebiz Friend

alisamii;183254Hi, I am having trouble removing the Joomlart Copyright text while still maintaining the copyright module.

I want the module to be published with the following text:

I have added that into the “License and Copyright” Module.

I have commented out the T3 logo and link.

But I cannot eliminate the following text:

Where is that and how can I delete or comment it out?

The designed by Joomlart etc message is not to be deleted or changed unless you ‘purchase’ removal rights. If you have done this they’ll send you details on how to remove it

I think you can buy these rights in your members area of the main site
    Cheers Shannon

sunrise Friend

That is right. This is what it says:

You can remove JA copyright information with condition that you purchase Copyright Removal feature which is separated from your JATC Standard membership fee. With this package you can remove our footer “Designed by JoomlArt.com” and changed it to “Designed/Powered by YourCompany” as well as other reference to JoomlArt.com.

The Copyright Removal fee structure is as follows:

* Copyright Removal for 01 domain: USD40
    * Copyright Removal for 02 domain: USD70
    * Copyright Removal for 03 domain: USD90

This is found here: http://www.joomlart.com/joomla_templates_club_faqs/448.html

If you have developer membership then you can remove the COpyright as well as have other benefits:

What are the benefits when I purchase JA Developer membership
    PDF

DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS: You can download and use all the RELEASED templates, extensions and FUTURE templates, extensions in both JA Template Club and JA Extensions Club within your membership period.

UNLIMITED LICENSED DOMAINS: You are entitled to customize any templates, extensions for your clients on unlimited domains.

COPYRIGHT REMOVAL: You can remove our footer “Designed by JoomlArt.com” and changed it to “Designed/Powered by YourCompany” as well as other reference to JoomlArt.com

WHAT ELSE? You will have an account to access Templates Club Member Forums – Restricted to Members where you can get support if you have any problem using our templates and extensions. Our JA Forums is more than just a customer forum, but also a place where you can exchange ideas about and your experiences with Joomla! Web design and developments.

alisamii Friend

I can unpublish the footer, which removes the copyright information from the site…so my question is…why the restriction? By unpublishing the footer, I can achieve that result, and then I can use a mod_custom to publish a copyright to the footer position.

Or, is it that the copyright pointing to joomlart.com will appear regardless which I publish if I publish something into the footer position?

sunrise Friend

But…

There are many things you can do, but that does not mean that you should. Yes you can remove it, but it is copyrighted by Joomlart. They own it and they let you remove it for a fee. If you find a way to remove it anyway, that’s up to y ou and I am sure you would not be the first one to do so, but that does not make it right.

alisamii Friend

Thank you, I will click the tank you button in a sec. I have no problem with the copyright being there.

My problem is the fact that it runs into my own copyright. Yes, the template and design are copyright of Joomlart, but the content is copyrighted to me or to the client for whom I am developing the site.

As such, the Joomlart copyright needs to state “Template Design copyright, Jommlart” or something to that effect, and it should be able to be distinctly seperate (but occupy the same general position as my “content” copyright.

It does not, or at least, I have not been able to figure out a way to do that.

If you know of how I can do that, I would appreciate the guidance.

uniquebiz Friend

alisamii;183367Thank you, I will click the tank you button in a sec. I have no problem with the copyright being there.

My problem is the fact that it runs into my own copyright. Yes, the template and design are copyright of Joomlart, but the content is copyrighted to me or to the client for whom I am developing the site.

As such, the Joomlart copyright needs to state “Template Design copyright, Jommlart” or something to that effect, and it should be able to be distinctly seperate (but occupy the same general position as my “content” copyright.

It does not, or at least, I have not been able to figure out a way to do that.

If you know of how I can do that, I would appreciate the guidance.

“just add the wordage you wish after the Joomlart copyright and link, usually on the footer block there is room, say for copyright by Joomlart, improvements & content copyright by ……” Generally in the footer.php file by memory?

Blessings Shannon

alisamii Friend

Hi:

I’ve added my own copyright. And the Joomlart copyright is there as well. But they run into each other, and that is not visually pleasing.

The way it looks now is

<blockquote>Copyright © 2010 The Samii Family. All Rights Reserved. Designed by JoomlArt.com.
    Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.</blockquote>

I want my copyright on its own line. I want to add the word “Template” before the words “Designed by…”, and I also want to remove the “Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License which the GNU/GPL License allows.

I want it to look like:

<blockquote>Copyright © 2010 The Samii Family. All Rights Reserved.
    Template Designed by JoomlArt.com.</blockquote>

However, I have tried wrapping it in a <DIV> and a <P>, and tried adding a </ BR>. None of these make a difference.

Sherlock Friend

Dear alisamii,

Could you please post your url in here ?

alisamii Friend

Hi Dathq:

That would be a bit difficult as I am developing the site offline on a machine behind a firewall!

🙂

What do you need to see, I’ll attach the files or screen shots.

Thanks,

Ali

Sherlock Friend

Hi Friend,

You can attach the file you made changes,It is maybe the footer file .

alisamii Friend

This file is from /templates/ja_urani/layouts/blocks/footer.php.

I added the line

<blockquote>Copyright © 2010 The Samii Family. All Rights Reserved.</blockquote>

in the License and Copyright module which is actually not enabled. I have attached screen shot of that module here (ss6.png).

1. ss6
    1. footer.php_.zip
    Sherlock Friend

Dear ali,

Please try make your changes on this file
    templatesja_uranihtmlmod_footerdefault.php file

alisamii Friend

Hi Dathq:

That worked. I was able to move the Joomlart copyright onto it’s own line. But I can’t seem to delete the Joomla! copyright, which Joomla does not require. Now, I have three lines of copyright, one for my site, one for Joomlart and one for Joomla, as below:

<blockquote>
    Copyright © 2010 The Samii Family. All Rights Reserved.
    Template designed by JoomlArt.com.
    Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.
    </blockquote>

If I disable the footer module, all copyright info (my own, Joomlart, and Joomla! go away. If I enable the footer module, all three show up.

What is even more strange is that I added my copyright info in License and Copyright module (which is not enabled) but it shows up.

What I would like to have is:

<blockquote>
    Copyright © 2010 The Samii Family. All Rights Reserved.
    Template designed by JoomlArt.com.
    </blockquote>

Do you know how I can disable the “Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.” without disabling the entire footer?

Sherlock Friend

On that file you can remove this line
    <small><?php echo JText::_( ‘FOOTER_LINE2’ ); ?></small>

It will remove the joomla line

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum