Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

I have the jatc_community_plus_j17

I just want to remove the logo at the header (top) of the page which I tried a number of ways and the logo at the top continues to appear. Please let me know which file and where I need to remove it so it doesn’t show up again, thanks.

khoand Friend
    lumpkan1 Friend

Yes, I did that already after reading the fourm of other members, I gave the image name a name that doesn’t exist because the client doesn’t want anything at the top of the header(http://lighthouseacademy.us/)

khoand Friend

You find this code from /templates/ja_community_plus/core/themes/blue-light/css/color.css

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat left; < change this line
    }

lumpkan1 Friend

<em>@khoand 300730 wrote:</em><blockquote>You find this code from /templates/ja_community_plus/core/themes/blue-light/css/color.css

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat left; < change this line
    }

</blockquote>

I removed the entire line because I wanted the logo removed and it’s still showing after I did the update to the css

lumpkan1 Friend

<em>@lumpkan1 300762 wrote:</em><blockquote>I removed the entire line because I wanted the logo removed and it’s still showing after I did the update to the css</blockquote>

Is they’re anyone who can help me? I just want the logo ‘gone’ the client doesn’t want anything in it’s place so how do i remove it?

http://www.lighthouseacademy.us

gustele Friend

Check if you are indeed using the blue-light theme for your template. The example given assumes that this is the case. If you are using one of the other themes you should remove the same line for that theme. If you are using the default theme then check if such a line is present in template.css and remove it there.
    Your site is offline so I cannot check where the image is coming from. If you know how to work with Firefox and the add-on Firebug you can easily find where the image is coming from.

lumpkan1 Friend

<em>@gustele 301056 wrote:</em><blockquote>Check if you are indeed using the blue-light theme for your template. The example given assumes that this is the case. If you are using one of the other themes you should remove the same line for that theme. If you are using the default theme then check if such a line is present in template.css and remove it there.
    Your site is offline so I cannot check where the image is coming from. If you know how to work with Firefox and the add-on Firebug you can easily find where the image is coming from.</blockquote>

I have the site back online now.

gustele Friend

Ok, I checked with Firebug and found the source of the image. Please delete this line:
    h1.logo a { background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat left; }
    from color.css at templates/ja_community_plus/core/themes/blue-light/css/color.css

After doing that the image in the header is gone but there is still a lot of free space on top. If you want to reduce that you have to adjust the line
    h1.logo { width: 266px; height: 150px; }
    in template.css at templates/ja_community_plus/css/template.css

A height of 10 or 20 px would be enough in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

lumpkan1 Friend

<em>@gustele 301107 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok, I checked with Firebug and found the source of the image. Please delete this line:
    from color.css at templates/ja_community_plus/core/themes/blue-light/css/color.css

After doing that the image in the header is gone but there is still a lot of free space on top. If you want to reduce that you have to adjust the line
    h1.logo { width: 266px; height: 150px; }
    in template.css at templates/ja_community_plus/css/template.css

A height of 10 or 20 px would be enough in my opinion.

Hope this helps.</blockquote>

Here is what my code looks like which I don’t see the h1 and I don’t want to remove the wrong thing:
    body#bd { background: url(../images/body-bg.gif) repeat-x left top #c5d5e1; }

#ja-search .inputbox {
    background: url(../images/search-bg.png) no-repeat 0px 0px;
    color: #88a1af;
    }

#ja-topnav ul li { background: url(../images/topnav-sep.gif) no-repeat right center; }

div.ja-moduletable h3, div.moduletable h3 { color: #0479b6; }

#ja-topsl1 .ja-box-full h3 { color: #0479b6; }

/* Main Nav —*/
    #ja-mainnav .main { background: url(../images/topsl-bg.gif) repeat-x left top; }

#ja-slideshow .main { background: url(../images/topsl-bg.gif) repeat-x left bottom; }

/* Top spotlight —*/
    #ja-topsl .main {
    background: url(../images/topsl-bg1.gif) repeat-x left bottom #02aaee;
    border-top: 1px solid #0ac8ff;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #247dc1;
    color: #b7e7ff;
    }

#ja-topsl div.ja-moduletable h3 { color: #fff; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #033d5c; }

#ja-content-bot2 .main {
    background: url(../images/content-bot-bg.gif) repeat-x top #2d87ca;
    border-top: 1px solid #256b9f;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #02a4d2;
    color: #fff;
    }

#ja-botsl .main {
    background: url(../images/botsl-bg.gif) repeat-x left bottom #075676;
    border-top: 0;
    color: #92b5d0;
    }

#ja-botsl .main .main-inner1 { border-top: 0; }

#ja-botsl .ja-moduletable h3 { color: #aff2fe; }

div.ja-innerdiv h4 { color: #fffcf8; text-shadow: none; }

#ja-botsl div.ja-innerdiv .ja-bottom-links ul li a {
    color: #56abe9;
    text-shadow: none;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #2f7daa;
    }

#ja-botsl div.ja-innerdiv .ja-bottom-links ul li a:hover,
    #ja-botsl div.ja-innerdiv .ja-bottom-links ul li a:focus,
    #ja-botsl div.ja-innerdiv .ja-bottom-links ul li a:active {
    color: #fff;
    border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;
    }

#ja-footer { color: #4b7493; }

#ja-footer a:hover, #ja-footer a:focus, #ja-footer a:active {}

/* Slide show —*/
    #ja-slideshow .ja-slide-mask,
    #ja-slideshow .ja-slide-mask2 { background: url(../images/mask-l.png) no-repeat left top; }

#ja-slideshow .ja-slide-mask2 { background: url(../images/mask-r.png) no-repeat left top; }

#ja-slideshow .ja-slide-prev, .ja-slide-next { background: url(../images/btn-l.png) no-repeat left top; }

#ja-slideshow .ja-slide-next { background: url(../images/btn-r.png) no-repeat left top; }

.ja-slide-desc h3 { color: #0479b6; }

gustele Friend

Are you 100% sure that you look in the right directory? This is what I see in the color.css file (only first few lines) in the directory templates/ja_community_plus/core/themes/blue-light/css

#ja-search .inputbox {
    }

#ja-topnav ul li { background: url(../images/topnav-sep.gif) no-repeat right center; }

After the style for the search box there is the line about the logo. That line is not present in the file that you are showing so I think that you are looking at the wrong color.css. Please check again. The information that I am showing you is coming from your live site.

Regards

lumpkan1 Friend

<em>@gustele 301119 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are you 100% sure that you look in the right directory? This is what I see in the color.css file (only first few lines) in the directory templates/ja_community_plus/core/themes/blue-light/css

#ja-search .inputbox {
    }

After the style for the search box there is the line about the logo. That line is not present in the file that you are showing so I think that you are looking at the wrong color.css. Please check again. The information that I am showing you is coming from your live site.

Regards</blockquote>

Yes, unless the verbiage is different, I can give you the ftp so you can see, i just need to know where to send it to.

gustele Friend

By clicking on my name in the left column you can send me a private message with the ftp information.

gustele Friend

Hi

The problem was in the cache. After clicking on “JAT3 Clean Cache’ the logo is gone. Don’t forget to push that button after you have made changes to the site; an alternative is to enable development mode in template manager for your template for as long as your site is under development.

Regards, John

culbertson789 Friend

how I can remove logo in cloud template?

Books online

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  culbertson789 12 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum