Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author

Regardless of the template, everyone is going to want to change the default logo. The following simple tutorial will show you the general/universal way to change the site logo for most any JATC template.

1. Create your own custom logo. Name it and upload it to your templates/ja_template_name/images folder

2. Open your templates/ja_template_name/css/template.css folder and find the following lines:
    (The following is used for example purposes only. The height/width will be different for each template)

/* Logo Image —*/
    h1.logo { height: 91px; width: 200px; }

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat left top;
    display: block;
    height: 91px;
    width: 200px;
    }

3. Replace “logo.png” with the name (and extension) of the custom logo you uploaded. (i.e. mynewlogo.jpg).
    You may need to play around with the “width” and “height” parameters, depending on the dimensions of your custom logo.

– Save your changes in your server files

CLEAR CACHE – REFRESH PAGE

That’s it in a nutshell.

ADDENDUM:
    In certain cases, where there are multiple color themes and you may want to switch color themes for different pages, you may need to perform the same steps above for each respective color theme.

As always … trial-and-error is the foundation of learning and achievement.

😎

brovazzz Friend

ADDENDUM:
    In certain cases, where there are multiple color themes and you may want to switch color themes for different pages, you may need to perform the same steps above for each respective color theme.

I have this problem but I don’t know where do I change logo on different pages… Where do I change settings for different pages?

:cool:</blockquote>

TomC Moderator

I have this problem but I don’t know where do I change logo on different pages… Where do I change settings for different pages?
    </blockquote>
    Can you elaborate a bit more as to the particular result you are trying to achieve?

brovazzz Friend

<em>@TomC 286939 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can you elaborate a bit more as to the particular result you are trying to achieve?</blockquote>

Thanks for your reply. I changed logo using instructions above but there is a problem. Logo has changed on front page and on sport section page. On all other pages logo still there. How can I change it? I use Telline IV, if you look at this template you can see what I mean. Logo on frontpage and sport changed, but on others not.

TomC Moderator

<em>@brovazzz 287055 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks for your reply. I changed logo using instructions above but there is a problem. Logo has changed on front page and on sport section page. On all other pages logo still there. How can I change it? I use Telline IV, if you look at this template you can see what I mean. Logo on frontpage and sport changed, but on others not.</blockquote>
    I believe this may be a “color theme” issue – for which you should look into the css for the various color themes for Teline IV and make sure the same logo related css is calling for your custom logo, as well as the correct image path, rather than the default for the relative color theme.

brovazzz Friend

I tried to find where to do that without asking you but I failed. I don’t know where do I make changes. Please help. Where can I find files to change them?

TomC Moderator

<em>@brovazzz 287611 wrote:</em><blockquote>I tried to find where to do that without asking you but I failed. I don’t know where do I make changes. Please help. Where can I find files to change them?</blockquote>
    Are you saying you do not know how to find the color theme files within your template directory?

If I may ask, what text editor do you use to edit your files? (Notepad? Notepad++, Dreamweaver? Other?)

brovazzz Friend

<em>@TomC 287692 wrote:</em><blockquote>Are you saying you do not know how to find the color theme files within your template directory?

If I may ask, what text editor do you use to edit your files? (Notepad? Notepad++, Dreamweaver? Other?)</blockquote>

I use Notepad++

TomC Moderator

<em>@brovazzz 287927 wrote:</em><blockquote>I use Notepad++</blockquote>
    The color themes are generally found within the following path –> /templates/ja_teline_iv/core/themes

Once you find the various color theme files, open them and then open the template.css file within each . . . afterwhich you will then follow the steps outlined within the original tutorial post in this thread.

If you’re still having trouble finding the correct color theme and/or css file, please post the url to one of the pages for your site where you are experiencing the issue. (Also, if you do so, please set “Optimize CSS” to “No” within your Template Manager–>General Settings)

tonyedi Friend

Hello,

I am new in Joomla, beginning to use Teline III v2 (joomla 1.7). We are making a local newspaper. A friend installed the template for us and we began to add new articles with images successfully. Evet, we can do something with modules. Now we want to change the default logo but have difficulties with it. I read the information about “How to change template logo”, it looks informing and useful. But, perhaps since we do not know some basic terms, we could not understand how to find “templates/ja_template_name/images”. Could you tell me where it is in and the “templates/ja_template_name/css/template.css folder” in Teline III v2? Firstly, we have to find them, next solving, we hope:-)

Thank you in advance.

swissa Friend

<em>@tonyedi 298970 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I am new in Joomla, beginning to use Teline III v2 (joomla 1.7). We are making a local newspaper. A friend installed the template for us and we began to add new articles with images successfully. Evet, we can do something with modules. Now we want to change the default logo but have difficulties with it. I read the information about “How to change template logo”, it looks informing and useful. But, perhaps since we do not know some basic terms, we could not understand how to find “templates/ja_template_name/images”. Could you tell me where it is in and the “templates/ja_template_name/css/template.css folder” in Teline III v2? Firstly, we have to find them, next solving, we hope:-)

Thank you in advance.</blockquote>

As a relative newcomer to Joomla myself (3 months) can I give you a tip before you start to change your template and edit files?

Download a product called Akeeba and install it onto your site. This is backup software and if you make a backup on a regular basis you will not have to start from the beginning when something goes wrong. You just restore the backup. I could have saved myself a lot of effort if I had known this at the start! 🙂

To install it, you download the file to your desktop and from the administrator side of Joomla, you click on Extensions, extension manager and use upload package file.

Take regular backups before you install new modules or make big changes.

You can change a lot of the template from within the administrator section of Joomla but for some things you need to get access to the files themselves. When your friend set up Joomla for you he should also have set up ftp access with an address, user name and password. You will need a ftp client like fileziler (windows) or yummy (mac) – products that are like windows file manager.

You connect to your domain name and you will see directories and files. Once you see these then the paths like templates/ja_template_name/images will start to make some sense.

This forum has a wealth of information if you take some time to search through it and there are lots of very helpful people at Joomlart who will support you and offer advice as you learn. Good luck!

webmastersam Friend

Hi Tonyedi,

Your question 1 is ….we could not understand how to find “templates/ja_template_name/images”
    IF YOU INSTALLED A WAMP SERVER .. THEN

template could be found in the folder in the www folder directory.. whiles your in there/ ja_template_name/ in your case Ja Teline III v2coould be found in the template folder. double click on that and you will find images. this is where your new logo will go. now follow the steps in your next question.

Your question is 2….
    Could you tell me where it is in and the “templates/ja_template_name/css/template.css folder” in Teline III v2? Firstly, we have to find them, next solving, we hope:-)

in the above directory when you get to the css folder .. look for the file called (template) double click on it this should open what ever programming editor you are using.

you will usually find the code below between programming lines 648 and 656 edit and save according to the size of your new logo.

drag your new logo to replace old one in C:wampwwwtemplatesTeline III v2images folder.

/* Logo Image —*/
    h1.logo { height: 130px; width: 350px; }

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat center center;
    display: block;
    height: 130px;
    width: 350px;
    }

I am a newbie myself trying to help this is how i found it. hope this helps.

webmastersam Friend

Once it is installed in Under extension manager where do i go to see it and use it.

swissa Friend

<em>@webmastersam 299000 wrote:</em><blockquote>Once it is installed in Under extension manager where do i go to see it and use it.</blockquote>

It is under Components. 😉

webmastersam Friend

I did component >search> filter akeeba…. its not there .pls help

Also whiles i am here i am not sure if you have edited the logo extensively… as you can see by answering Tony edi question…. i too have changed my logo on Ja nex but i have a problem getting the new logo to to show up in the size that i want when i click on the menus. the logo shows but it seems to be covered in certain places i belive its a css job. but i am not sure where to find that particular css to edit that size.

others have said it is a colour theme css change i don’t believe so. as its the menu. can you help ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)

This topic contains 69 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  knerten 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum