Tagged: , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I want to move an Argo template site to a new hosting account using a new template and the old data base.
    I’m doing this to eliminate any bad files that spread malicious files throughout the current hosting account.
    I have a few apps that also need to be brought over and I am contacting them too.
    I tried to reinstall an Argo site with a new template and the old database would not reconnect. I used the same names as before . I noticed the secret suggestion changed.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

What you mean by ‘new template’ here? is that new version of JA Argo?

If it could not connection to database, try to contact your hosting provider for help with the connection issue.

Regards

richnyc30 Friend

I want to start from scratch to recreate a site on a new Siteground account. The old Siteground account is full of backdoor files.
    I’m using the Argo template. I want to install the blank Argo template and then connect to the database for the site from the old Siteground account.
    This would make a very clean installation and may get rid of the malicious software issue.
    I tried to reconnect with a new Argo installation in the old account and I could not.
    Are there issues with the added apps? Does the secret in the ini file need to match?
    Any other issues about recreating a site with new source/template files?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

If your old site has been affected, I recommend you to make it a new fresh site with new host.

• Install latest version of Joomla
    • Install latest version for template and its complimentary extensions
    • Configure and add your own content.

Regards

richnyc30 Friend

I need the old content in the new account. That is the issue. I cannot start adding content from the beginning.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I recommend you to contact your hosting provider for help to check the database connection issue of your site.

Regards

richnyc30 Friend

Connecting the previous account’s database in a new account should be an Argo issue. Siteground hosting had nothing to say on this issue.

richnyc30 Friend

Please help again!!!!
    Please help make things very clear.
    I have a running Argo website.
    I want to make a clean copy in a new account due to malicious files. I then want to attach the old database.

I would also like to know the best way to update the Argo files to the November 2016 files for other Argo sites.

I tried cleaning the directory and installing a new Argo template and trying to attach the old database but it would not attach. Does the $Secret variable have anything to do with the ability to restore a database?
    Do I have to install all the apps before attaching the database?

Saguaros Moderator
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum