Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Please help make things very clear.
    I have a running Argo website.
    I want to make a clean copy in a new account due to malicious files. I then want to attach the old database.

I would also like to know the best way to update the Argo files to the November 2016 files for other Argo sites.

I tried cleaning the directory and installing a new Argo template and trying to attach the old database but it would not attach. Does the $Secret variable have anything to do with the ability to restore a database?
    Do I have to install all the apps before attaching the database?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

You can use the old database in only case that you clone the old site for new host.

If you install new Joomla package, install template, then you can’t use old DB as the configuration are different.

If your host can help to scan malicious files and remove them, then you can clone it and move to a new server.

Regards

richnyc30 Friend

I would be interested in knowing how the connection to the database is different.
    I thought this would be fairly easy, but I guess not.

Can I Import the old database into a brand new website?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

As I mentioned above, you can import / use old database only if you clone site to new host. If it’s a new installation, the configuration will be different and can’t be the same.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 7 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum