Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

wow… someone did not eat their wheaties this morning. :laugh:

I think it is fairly obvious that I am connected to Joomla Views, case closed.

I agree, I should have included a link to the demo site in addition to the first look article @ JV – however, there is no financial incentive at all between me and youjoomla.com – straight links, no affiliate links at all. So no unethical interest at all.

The suggestion was an honest suggestion, you asked for alternatives, it was not a shot in the dark. So, don’t make a public request for other suggestions, if you did not like the template, then you could have just said so.

and no – i will not apologize to the unnamed moderator for posting my suggestion for ijoomlahost.com; there was a direct question for a joomla host, i clearly stated it was a creation of my own.

You just jumped on me because i suggested another template for which you asked for and then you claim I did wrong by suggesting a service by myself which was asked for but because it was a service of my own, how is that is bad?

So per your own twisted point of view, if I worked for The Planet and wrote a suggestion for the planet, it should be removed but if someone else suggest the planet, that is ok?

That is… uhm.. not sure what that is but seriously… grow up. shrug… I spent too much time on the forums yesterday… Those questions above are rhethorical, no answer needed because I won’t even bother with you.

and yeah – not staying on topic bringing up a completely seperate incident, especially one that I don’t agree with you made this a personal attack. FYI.

mfcphil Friend

Got to agree with Cornelio that so called Teline replacement you linked to on your site is dreadful and nowhere near the standards we have come to expect here.

Just maybe the grass isn’t greener over the other side 😉

Menalto Friend

<em>@shackbase 63002 wrote:</em><blockquote>

and no – i will not apologize to the unnamed moderator for posting my suggestion for ijoomlahost.com; there was a direct question for a joomla host, i clearly stated it was a creation of my own.
    </blockquote>
    I was the moderator that deleted your post regarding your service, due to i find it not suitable.

cgc0202 Friend

Hi shackbase,

No disrespect but if you do not understand the meaning of conflict of interest, false advertising and therefore unethical conduct, then I will not waste my time trying to make you understand.

Then when a Moderator, who understands the meaning of these terms –conflict of interest, false advertising and unethical conduct — you cry foul. Why was my “suggestion” deleted? You assume that it was because you have been critical of Joomlart.

The only error of the Moderator is the neglect to write to you in private to make you understand that what you did is a conflict of interest, false advertising and therefore unethical conduct.

And, anyone who disagrees with you, you assume that they are misquided, because you are the arbiter of what is rightt.

There is a very fine line between a valid criticism and personal attack. This is always difficult to do, but in my own way, I try to adher to it: To cite an example, as much as I agreed with some of the points of VisiGod, and where I disagreed, I took pains to point out the reasons for my disagreement with his perspective. So, even if I think he went too far, I never ridiculed, disregarded
    nor assumed that his point of view is twisted. I never would dismiss his arguments with sentiments like this:

<em>@shackbase 63002 wrote:</em><blockquote>wow… someone did not eat their wheaties this morning. :laugh: </blockquote>

So per your own twisted point of view, … </blockquote>

If you go back to the original post, it was a direct criticism of a specific behavior of a Moderator. This was disussed briefly before, a number of customers pointed this out, and quite a few of the Moderators themselves had reservations about the because anything kept in private if it resolved the issue, will not benefit other customers. But the practice persisted. And, thus this post. I pointed this out to the Moderator in a specific post that I happen to stumble on because I too was looking for the answer. Then, I wrote this post. The Moderator in question, responded to me privately. But, since it was a private correspondence, in my own set of standards, I consider emails private – even if many people do not consider it as sacrosanct. It was only after he responded in public, in the same thread, that I linked and quoted his reasons.

While he explained his reasons, in public, he realized that his practice may not indeed benefit all. He had the decency to apologize, and make amends — at least he does not do it anymore.

It is apparent from your response that either you do not know their meaning of these terms — conflict of interest, false advertising and therefore unethical conduct — or if you do, you chose to ignore them.

So, apart from responding to specific parts of your last post, in detail below, they will be in several responses, but after I finish with my rebuttals, they will be my last response to your suppositions in this thread, as far as this issue with you is concerned.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

Let me quote your response in #13 so that your supposition is understood by everyone:

<em>@shackbase 62857 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Now if you were looking for a teline replacement – YouJoomla has a really nice news/magazine style template called newsline II – check out the JV announcement (http://www.joomlaviews.com/joomla-news/templates/youjoomla-releases-yj-newsline-ii-20080626109/).
    </blockquote>

not only that, you continued it with another:

<em>@shackbase 62857 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Comming back to the issues with JA is not only their templates which you clearly can see and look at before you join, what is harder to see is their utter disregardment to member support, to fix the bugs in their templates and to update their downloads with those fixes; and those things are hard to see until you have parted with your money and notice that what you see is what you get, nothing more.

That is when the ripped off feeling starts to set in…

–Tone</blockquote>

The issue as indicated in the title of this thread is:

Really concerned about this: Should a Moderator keep answers private?
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/really-concerned-about-this-should-a-moderator-keep-answers-private/

First: You hijacked a thread with responses irrelevant to the issue being put forth for discussion in this thread.
    Second: Not only is it irrelevant, you use your response to advertise your site. A case of false advertising, conflict of interest and therefore an unethical conduct.

In both instances, it is considered disruptive behavior to say the least — as you have succeeded to do, the contents of this thread now has become:

Can shackbase post anything (s)he wants, wherever (s)he wants?
    or
    Perhaps, more aptly:
    Is the response of shackbase a case of “Conflict of interest, false advertising and unethical conduct”?

I have advocated before when Moderators become overzealous

For both reasons, had the Moderators been more vigilant, they are grounds for deletion of your post, or if one is more cautious, for it be moved elsewhere; perhaps a separate Section altogether: Customers against Joomlart

Anyway, when you are called to task, you cried foul.

You just jumped on me because i suggested another template for which you asked for and then you claim I did wrong by suggesting a service by myself which was asked for but because it was a service of my own, how is that is bad?
    </blockquote>

Excuse me? I reviewed the original post and my responses to this entire thread but my eyes are not the best these days and my memory slips quite often, so I might have missed something. So can you please point to me, and for the others to be enlightened where your claim:

You just jumped on me because i suggested another template for which you asked for …
    </blockquote>

I do not expect to have read many of my posts, but from the beginning when I came back in mid May 2008, that I came back only or mainly because of JA Teline II because I have not found anything comparable to it yet in the internet. I used the original Teline before and have used Gavick Pro News Portal before.

So the focus of my postings, aside from helping others when I can,

Why in the world will I be looking for another one, if I have praised the JA Template II and recognized its weaknesses?

I know I have some health problems, but none of my doctors has diagnosed me to be schizophrenic. Neither am I a politician to say something in one place, and then another in a different setting.

I realize that English is not my native tongue, and you might have misunderstood all my postings because of my deficiencies. So, let me repeat myself, again and again and again. And make this clear to you and anyone who has not understood the thesis of most of my postings.

As of Mid May 2008, I found JA Teline II to have no competition as a Magazine template. Gavick Pro knows this, I posted in their forum because I was a member, and they said they will consider it. Someone very close to RocketTheme told me in private to monitor their coming templates.

I, like many others recognize the shortcomings of the JA Teline II template. However, since we consider it still the best we are forming an independent collaborative group to address how to improve JA Teline II further. If ever that group will materialize, because of potential conflic of interest, we will not insinuate the site to that group here in Joomlart — because as well intentioned as the group may be, Joomlart may view it as a threat.

… you claim I did wrong by suggesting a service by myself which was asked for but because it was a service of my own, how is that is bad?
    </blockquote>

I hope that is a rhetorical question. I have made mysellf clear when I posted as the title:

Conflict of interest, false advertising and unethical conduct

obviously you do not consider it so. One who understood them would either have apologized to Joomlart for such transgression, but as you pointed out in a different part of your response, you felt you did nothing wrong:

and no – i will not apologize to the unnamed moderator for posting my suggestion for ijoomlahost.com; …
    </blockquote>

I have no vested interest to insist, nor any desire to do so. It is up to Joomlart to make the final decision.

Had I been a staff of Joomlart, after fair warning, both in private, and in this case, in public by a customer who considers your action to be disruptive by hijacking a thread, and the suggestion that your blatant advertising of a site that will benefit you, then they are grounds for expulsion, if the practice is repeated.

There is a fine thread, but in this case, it will not be censorship.

Members in a forum are given leeway tp criiticize Joomlart, but no one has the right to keep on hijacking other threads to publicize their crusade.

Cornelio

cgc0202 Friend

Hi shackbase,

</blockquote>

Would you at least inform us publicly, whether you have any connection whatsoever with ijoomlahost.com?

A friend of the owner? One of the owners of ijoomlahost.com? A stockholder of ijoomlahost.com? or whatever affiliation you might have with ijoomlahost.com?

I think I know the answer, but I do not want my accidental discovery — based from a number of posting to be the basis of my making the public answer for you.

If you answer yes to any of the above, Joomlart, and in this case, Menalto, has legal and ethical grounds to delete your suggestion

So per your own twisted point of view, if I worked for The Planet and wrote a suggestion for the planet, it should be removed but if someone else suggest the planet, that is ok?
    </blockquote>

Yes, decent people who understand the meaning of the terms — Conflict of interest, false advertising and unethical conduct — would do the right thing. They declare that they might have a conflict of interest. If you are an employee of The Planet — then your job may be on the line if they won’t do good.

So, an intelligent person would take such disclosure into consideration, and must consider your suggestion to be biased until further investigation.

As far as Joomlart is concerned, they have grounds for removing it because that is free advertising. If The Planet, which is a much much bigger company wants itself to be known by the customers of Joomlart, then you should ask them to contact Joomlart if they can advertise.

Just as a disclosure, I am vaguely aware of The Planet because most of my websites are hosted there indirectly through my hosting service, also using their facilities. I investigated them, I even contacted them, for their dedicated servers but they do not provide the technical support I want.

I also have a reseller account, with its own ISP addresses and everything. I could buy as many ISP address if I want and my hosting service will provide the technical service for my clients if I want to.

If I want to make money of it, as some individuals or group of individuals do, and hide the fact that I am just a reseller, no one will know unless they dig deeper.. If there is any problem, my hosting service will provide the technical support.

But, you do not see me advertising my hosting service here, do you? Because I would consider it to be a conflict of interest, especially if I did not state that i am the owner, and that my “hosting service” is just a very very very small reseller site..But, that’s me.

So, let us judge your ijoomlahost.com if it could pass the screening that it needs:

Are you a reseller using the facilities of “The Planet”?
    How many servers do you rent from “The Planet”?
    How many full time employees does ijoomlahost.com have?
    Where is the physical office of ijoomlahost.com? Is this a dedicated office with defined billing, secretarial, etc. space?
    Any phone number to contact?
    Webspace please?

What hosting plans do you provide? How much
    Do you offer the hosting service come-on” of $5 per month for unlimited bandwidth, unlimited diskspace, etc.?
    If you offer the “unlimited everything” options, are there” fine prints” that if violated by a specific customer, their site would be suspended?
    Any other plans, are there plans where

Server malfunction is common in webhosting:
    How many full time employees of ijoomlahost.com are devoted to IT support?
    How many full time employees of ijoomlahost.com are devoted to customer service support?
    Do you have guaranteed uptime? What are the conditions if you fail to provide the guaranteed lifetime?

Support
    Do you provide online or telephone technical support?
    Does ijoomlahost.com have a support forum?
    Will ijoomlahost.com allow disgruntled customers to lambast ijoomlahost.com and abuse the staff, if they do not like the service?

Can you provide a copy of your Terms of Service?
    Do you have a privacy policy in place?

If you do not have, or refuse to provide answers to the above, then ijoomlahost.com is not ready to be a hosting service. It would be grounds for Joomlart staff or a Moderator to remove the link — to protect clueless customers from making a big mistake for not doing their homework before they join something. And, they cry foul if they have been duped.

Cornelio

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum