Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I downloaded and installed the quickstart package for JA Company on June 24, and was very disappointed to see only the home page was in the package. I like working with the quickstart so I can quickly get up and running with a new website. However I started learning how to build pages in the JA Builder component. I got stuck a few times and was able to get past that, but when I went looking for more information in the documentation today, I see where Arvind posted sample pages in his April 5 post about JA Company. I did not see these pages in the quickstart package. In fact there was nothing in the menu except the home page. What did I miss? Your site says included are: All default Joomla pages with custom styles. While I have created several pages, I would like to have had the other pages shown in Arvind’s post. How can this be corrected??? I’ve spent a lot of time trying to figure out some of the pieces, and it could have been avoided if this information/content had been included.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Pat

Pat Vanden Bosche
    www.patvb.com

patvandenbosche Friend

I just did a new clean install from the current quickstart package to make sure I wasn’t crazy, and made a screenshot of what I got and attached it here. I now have the working installation at patdevelopment.com and the secondary and latest install at patdevelopment.com/library2 so you can see what I’m seeing.

Have I just wasted the past week? If these pages are not included, I will have to give a pass to JA Builder and JA Company.

1. patdevelopment.com-2017-06-29-17-07-25

Pat Vanden Bosche
    www.patvb.com

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Pat,

Could you share the credentials of your site so I can take a look? I will also check with the team and update for you.

Regards

patvandenbosche Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.

Pat Vanden Bosche
    www.patvb.com

Saguaros Moderator

May I know in which page you want to have same look as ‘About us’ and ‘Our services’ pages in our demo site? I will setup for you.

patvandenbosche Friend

I want all the missing pages, which includes News, About Us, and all the pages promised in the package description which appear under Pages, the Joomla default pages. Why were they not included in the quickstart program? They were promised in the template description, and I depend on them, even if I may not use all of them. Especially when there is a new page builder program to learn, such as Builder.

I have been using Joomlart quickstart packages for over 11 years now, ever since the inception of Joomla. This is the first time I’ve ever seen a quickstart package not come with all the pages that are standard Joomla installation pages. Of course I did not expect Easy Blog pages since it is a paid subscription, but it would have been nice to have received an incentive to purchase Easy Blog since it is an integral part of the template.

Specifically I need an article page with left and right column, the Typography page, Login, Search, Offline and 404. Right now all I have are the Builder pages I’ve created.

Pat Vanden Bosche
    www.patvb.com

patvandenbosche Friend

Saguaros, I am working my way through Builder, and have another question. When I built the page for Friends of the Library (in main menu), I selected a content item, with a module in Sidebar-1. It worked great except for the block I added below this, which was jammed to the left as well. I wanted this (the blue image) to be edge to edge. Is there some way to make this happen? Since it is a block, there isn’t a way that I could see to move it to a module which is edge to edge.

Like I said, I’m working my way through this, and am learning how to use Builder. So please be patient with me. Is there a way to assign a block to a module position? The link to see this issue is:
    Friends of the Library page.

Thanks,
    Pat

Pat Vanden Bosche
    www.patvb.com

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Pat,

Please check the guideline for the Quickstart Installation first: https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-company#quickstart-installation It looks like you didn’t select to install Sample data and that’s why you see the home page only: http://prntscr.com/frtxf4

I just download Quickstart package of JA Company template and install in my local with sample data and it includes all pages as demo site: http://prntscr.com/frtxs1

For the question about JA Builder: when you build a page, you can add various blocks from built-in block library into that page. In edit mode, you can customize / edit block as you wish. If you want to show a module into a block, you can change a element into widget type and select the module / position you want to show there. I recommend you to look thru the documentation of JA Builder for more details: https://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-templates/ja-builder

Regards

patvandenbosche Friend

I always choose to install the sample data, but I guess I didn’t in this case. Thank you for checking.

I’m mostly figuring out what I need, but do appreciate your response about using a block in a module position. However, I want to place a block in a module position, just the opposite of what you explained. Right now, as I understand it, all blocks are placed in Content only. And when I modify the page to create a sidepanel, it affects ALL the blocks in the content on that page, squeezing them to make room for that new module so it runs down the entire page length.

I will read through the documentation again.

Pat Vanden Bosche
    www.patvb.com

Saguaros Moderator

As its name, it will use blocks to build up a website. You can’t assign a block to a module position, you will add content / module / module position / etc inside blocks instead.

You can clarify how you want to achieve on your site in more details so I will take a look.

patvandenbosche Friend

I think the new blocks that were published recently will handle my problem. I do like JABuilder, it is easy to work with, but there are some limitations. Is there a way to use html in any of the blocks? I have seen a link to Source Code, but it doesn’t seem to work very well. Are there plans to make this so you can use a text editor like JCE to format text? It would be great. Also, the popup for text editing you have now is limited as to what it can do, and sometimes you literally have to "sneak" up on the text to get it to work.

One last thing. All the pages I created in JABuilder are not indexed in Smart Search or even Search. Is there going to be a plugin that will solve this problem? Right now I can’t really publish a Search feature on the site since it will not reflect what is really on the site.

Thanks,
    Pat

Pat Vanden Bosche
    www.patvb.com

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Pat,

Yes, the team is improving JA Builder, I’ve reported these to the team for further consideration.

For the html usage, what kind of content and how you want to show? you can share the details so I can suggestion further.

Regards

patvandenbosche Friend

I’m sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this, but I have figured out what I needed. I have updated to the new version of Builder, and am happy to see there are more options. This ticket should be closed.

Thanks,
    Pat

Pat Vanden Bosche
    www.patvb.com

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  patvandenbosche 6 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum