Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I would suggest you to just make a new folder and upload the quickstart zipped pack there. Unzip it online via cPANEL File Manager and proceed then.
    After it works,then just take a dynamic backup with JoomlaPack and proceed with your main folder.
    But make sure,your main root is clean..

mj1256 Friend

<blockquote> cPANEL File Manager</blockquote>

the problem with godaddy is it is a completely non-compliant and proprietary system, It does not use plesk or cpanel and they cannot unzip or expand files on the server. On FTP uploads they do not have the overhead for such large file uploads, they need to upload every file by ftp manually, and because they limit the speed and size of the uploads, inevitable, not all the files make it to the server due to timeout errors.

when you contact GD about it, they tell you not to use the JA quickstart, to use their version of fantastico.

<blockquote> Joomlapack </blockquote>
    it does not work on GD because they limit and do not give a site enough overhead to run it, and they will not let files be compressed on the server.

solrac28 Friend

Hello all,

I would like to extend a HUGE thank you to all those who replied. I was finally able to install the JA Mesolite Quickstart after much work and research. I did put a lot of time into reading tutorials and watching tutorial videos but there was always one or two small things I needed clarification on.

The process I used was as follows:
    I used a new FTP client to upload the files in the quickstart folder to my root directory (unzipped)
    I then went to http://www.mycomteq.com and went through the installation
    Lastly, I deleted the folder titled “installation” and VOILA!
    Everything came up as I intended it to and it looks fabulous!

Thank you thank you thank you!

rajabe Friend

Hi Scotty,
    I tried all these methods and am stuck with a blank page. I am trying to install JAQuartz. I copied the Quickstart and went thru the installation process. No errors. When I go to my URL I get a blank page. Please help.

Raj

rajabe Friend

Don’t worry. Solved the issue. It was a PHP version mismatch. I had v5.0 on my JSAS and v4.0 on godaddy. Upgraded godaddy and dropped all tables and imported a fresh copy of the database and it came up fine.

Error for your ref: blank page

mj1256 Friend

all issues that should not have happened. Can joomla work at godaddy, yes. but only after all of the troubleshooting, hours of reading forums, faqs and tutorials, all to do what would take minutes on a compliant host

cheers to you for having the time, patience and troubleshooting skills

jvalal Friend

Ok. I’ve had an install of joomla running and then uploaded the quickstart files. However, when I go to the site it looks the same. Is there a guide / tutorial on how to do this over an existing install?

thanks

sunrise Friend

I don’t think you can just do a quickstart over an existing install. Do the quickstart first, on an empty site, then start working from there.

As far as hosting, I also had problems, not with Godaddy, but it just was a hassle with Joomla. Then I switched to Hostican, and have had no problems since. There are tons of good hosts for Joomla. Here are a couple places to look.

http://www.joomla-hosting-directory.com/ and http://www.joomlahostingreviews.com/

I see that Hostican is not even in there, but it works for me. Wish you all the best.

jvalal Friend

I use BuyHTTP as a host. Not bad. However, I’d like to find a ways to do quick install over an existing install. Either that or how to remove an install and then install the other one. Or perhaps an easy way to do this.

thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  jvalal 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum