Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I need the installation documentation for Teline Quickstart.
    I host on GoDaddy and have wasted all afternoon in failed attempts.

Have a Merry Christmas

Khanh Le Moderator

Installation for Teline quickstart are the same with installation for Joomla.

capt_ron Friend

I paid good money for a QuickStart template solution because I am not a programmer. I just want the stupid thing to work out of the box as advertised on the JATC website. This doesn’t work at all. If I was a Joomla expert and knew every nook and cranny about Joomla then I wouldn’t need to pay good money for this. There a too many Joomla template websites out there for JATC to ignore the obvious needs of costumers. By failing to provide unaware members the detailed installation instructions on how JATC actually work is a grave mistake. JATC is alienating itself from the Joomla community out of pure laziness for refusing to give costumers simple instructions.

ShannonN Friend

capt_ron;35253I paid good money for a QuickStart template solution because I am not a programmer. I just want the stupid thing to work out of the box as advertised on the JATC website. This doesn’t work at all. If I was a Joomla expert and knew every nook and cranny about Joomla then I wouldn’t need to pay good money for this. There a too many Joomla template websites out there for JATC to ignore the obvious needs of costumers. By failing to provide unaware members the detailed installation instructions on how JATC actually work is a grave mistake. JATC is alienating itself from the Joomla community out of pure laziness for refusing to give costumers simple instructions.

there is a video of how to do a qs install at the tutorials section of JA, the linke is http://www.tutorials.joomlart.com spend a few minutes familiarizing yourself with how to do it etc then have a go you sound extremely frustrated but please don bag ja or the support ppl cause you can get it happening, calm down have a look at the tutorials then calmly get back to us?

Go daddy by the way is a very poor cheap and nasty host who I as an experienced support person even find it messy and non standard in its approach to hosting, someone here had loads of problems with godaddy screwing up there install and site so be prepared for an eventful day
    Merry Christmas

stagss Friend

Shannon,

The video you posted can’t able to view. Can you give a manual instruction how to install quickstart.

Regards

Sunil

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@stagss 56900 wrote:</em><blockquote>Shannon,

The video you posted can’t able to view. Can you give a manual instruction how to install quickstart.

Regards

Sunil</blockquote>
    It needs to be installed just like you did when you installed Joomla.

Here is a tutorial: http://tutorials.joomlart.com/videos/install-a-quickstart-package.html

tempusserbia Friend

<em>@capt_ron 35253 wrote:</em><blockquote>I paid good money for a QuickStart template solution because I am not a programmer. I just want the stupid thing to work out of the box as advertised on the JATC website. This doesn’t work at all. If I was a Joomla expert and knew every nook and cranny about Joomla then I wouldn’t need to pay good money for this. .</blockquote>

Sorry if I am flaming, but you have never paid for Joomla knowledge, only for template, that includes Quickstart.

instantinlaw Friend

Is this thread really from Dec 07?
    Anyway, if godaddy has a one click Joomla installation don’t use it.
    You must download the quickstart package from Joomlart and unzip it on your hard drive.
    Unzip the quickstart package inside the resulting folder of zips.
    Upload all the unziped quickstart files via ftp to your server and do a regular Joomla install.
    Do not forget to click the “install sample data” button during setup or you won’t have an exact copy of the demo.
    Good luck.

solrac28 Friend

Hi instantinlaw,

I’m with you until you get to the part “then do a regular Joomla installation”

Could you go into a little more detail? I have the files uploaded via an FTP client and now I am completely lost. I have been told to simply go to my site and the installation will launch but that didn’t happen. Would I need to do to Godaddy quick install now?

I’m sure I can accomplish this and I am most likely over complicating it. I have watched tons of videos, downloaded and read countless PDF tutorials and online tutorials, message boards,etc on how to do this and so far nothing works out as said tutorials claim it should. Also, many of them are poorly worded and skip several necessary steps.

I know that if my idiot ex-boss can do this, then I can. A parakeet with an exceptionally strong beak could pretty much accomplish just as much as he could.

Please advise,

Thanks

wooohanetworks Friend

There are indeed some problems with JA Quickstarts, the last I did without errors was last year with JA Mesolite no problems occured at this step.

Now I tried to install few of the newer ones and none could over the install sample data procedure, it worked partly but hung at the point of “install sample data”, however with any other clubs templates it is mostly not that way, do not ask me why. As I work on the one JA Mesolite since then I disregarded this until I may use another one and will see same errors at point of installation.

This is simply an error that only comes up with JA Templates, with ones from TP, Shape5, Yootheme etc. I never had errors, ‘they whether have all data already loaded and to click the button is not required* or the site installation is no hassle and the sample data is installed in seconds. (‘should be the way how JA Quickstarts should be built, this way no server quota issue may come up, who knows*)

Now with JA QSs, except the one mentioned time, I always get the same error, which is not a Joomla related issue. The installation simply hangs after clicking the install sample data button and nothing happens. When waiting to see what happens, after some minutes the install session runs out. When hitting next while the sample data installation hangs only the template is later installed.

I will see what happens when I do the next one, all the ones with errors where just some tests. Could be some issue with the size of the sample data, but when comparing the size of other clubs qss they have the same size and no server issues come up.

Oh, I forgot, I also installed the template JA Mageia just recently, which is a quite older template and also no issues came up. With the newer ones, the issues came up, may be something with the size of the sample data and the servers max. allowed quota.

scotty Friend

Do not use the GoDaddy version.

Treat the quickstart as if it were Joomla, in other words you should install it in the exact same way you would Joomla.

The quickstart is simply a version of Joomla with some extra content added to make it look like the demo version.

So… unzip the quickstart to a local folder and upload all the files and folders to your web directory. Then open this directory in your web browser. For example, if you uploaded it to your public_HTML folder then just to to your domain (http://www.mydomain.com). If you uploaded it to another directory (eg. testsite) then point your brower to that directory (http://www.mydomain.com/testsite). Once the page has loaded you can follow the install instructions.

DO NOT FORGET TO CLICK THE INSTALL SAMPLE DATA BUTTON ON STEP 6 OR 7 OF THE INSTALL PROCESS

solrac28 Friend

BTW, I am trying to install the JA Mesolite quickstart

Again, I don’t know what to do after uploading the files. Nothing happens when I visit my site. I uploaded to the root directory and my domain in mycomteq.com. When I go there I just get the same old error that has been up for days.

Should I try a Joomla 1.0 Quickstart?

solrac28 Friend

I hate Joomla, I really really hate it.
    I tried a slightly different process than I had been trying all week last night. I created a new directory called “install” and uploaded all the files from the quickstart folder there (unzipped)
    When I navigated to http://www.mycomteq.com/install, the install screen came up for the first time EVER. I went through everything painstakingly slowly as I had no idea what to enter in most fields but the installation said it went through. It then told me to delete the install directory before continuing so I did. All I deleted was the folder called “install”. When I navigate to http://www.mycomteq.com, nothing has changed whatsoever. I still get the same 403 and 404 errors I have gotten all week. I also cannot access the administrator portion of Joomla.
    I am currently going through the whole process again for the fifth time and I pretty much want to throw everything.
    Can someone please please please give me a decent answer that I can work with?

bennitos Friend

<em>@solrac28 110486 wrote:</em><blockquote>I hate Joomla, I really really hate it.
    I tried a slightly different process than I had been trying all week last night. I created a new directory called “install” and uploaded all the files from the quickstart folder there (unzipped)
    When I navigated to http://www.mycomteq.com/install, the install screen came up for the first time EVER. I went through everything painstakingly slowly as I had no idea what to enter in most fields but the installation said it went through. It then told me to delete the install directory before continuing so I did. All I deleted was the folder called “install”. When I navigate to http://www.mycomteq.com, nothing has changed whatsoever. I still get the same 403 and 404 errors I have gotten all week. I also cannot access the administrator portion of Joomla.
    I am currently going through the whole process again for the fifth time and I pretty much want to throw everything.
    Can someone please please please give me a decent answer that I can work with?</blockquote>

If you upload the files to http://www.mycomteq.com/install then it makes sense that after installing you dont see the just installed joomla at http://www.mycomteq.com you will find it in http://www.mycomtec.com/install instead. If you uploaded all your files in your install directory and then delete that directory again then no you dont have an installation.

What the joomla install says is to delete your installation directory in your case this would be
    http://www.mycomtec.com/install/installation folder.
    You just deleted your install folder wich contained your joomla install, so after installing everyting you deleted everything again.

“I went through everything painstakingly slowly as I had no idea what to enter in most fields but the installation said it went through.”

If you do a joomla installation you need some time to find out what you have to put in everywhere or it wont work, if you dont take the time try to figure out what you have to enter in all fields then it wont work. Its like driving a car but cant be bothered to take lessons.

Ill be happy to help you if you point out where you want help with, but yes you will have to invest time into this.

Myself i love joomla as it is the most easy CMS i have found ever.

scotty Friend

I bet the reason it didn’t work when you were installing it to your root directory is because there were files there already that were interfering with it. Joomla should always be installed to an empty folder.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  jvalal 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum