Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

<em>@andrew40 20531 wrote:</em><blockquote>C’mon guys, this is not how I expect some of pro’s to react. The guy has obviosuly got a problem, I can too sympathise with him because the template is buggy on IE6. Sending him images labelled crap isn’t really productive and not what would be expected off people nominated as members of the month .
    [/quote]

For me it’s not a problem, because after seeing these things and the traitment, i will *not* renew my membership, this is sure.
    Anyway thanks a lot for your support, Andrew 😉

[/quote]
    You can edit the site tools in your templates index.php. there is an option to allow colour and font and disabling the width selector. Read through the comments on that file and the user guide..</blockquote>

I know about the template settings in the index.php, but for what i see it’s not present a combination to remove the resize tools *and* have all the other tools (Fontsize and color). You can trigger off the tools and have a combination of color or fontsize out, but not a width selector, for what i see. Maybe my template it’s different? :confused:

Thanks a lot for your attention 🙂

ShannonN Friend

andrew40;20531C’mon guys, this is not how I expect some of pro’s to react. The guy has obviosuly got a problem, I can too sympathise with him because the template is buggy on IE6. Sending him images labelled crap isn’t really productive and not what would be expected off people nominated as members of the month .

You can edit the site tools in your templates index.php. there is an option to allow colour and font and disabling the width selector. Read through the comments on that file and the user guide..

The choice of image name was an error I labelled it crap cause it was in IE 6 which I auto label as a crappy product for obvious reasons, the intent was not to highlight the guys error ridden site but a genuine attempt to inform him of something I believed he didn’t know about, figuring anyone that paid so much attn to trying to fix it in IE6 would test and resolve that narrow view problem as well however I was wrong, that happens approximately every 3rd post these days time I retired and got outta the game

I’m getting too much flak these days

sabrylom Friend

<em>@ShannonN 20536 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I had one guy here had a problem and I couldn’t see why? he had gzip compression on, I have never heard of anyone using it , so until he turned it off during a trail and error debug, He was blaming the template, template was the problem, JA support sucked, Ja don’t make compliant things? hear what I’m saying?
    [/quote]

I understand your POV, but if you read my first post, you can check easily that i never said “Spport sucks, Ja it’s not Compliant, etc etc”

I exposed my little problem with the template, with a lot smilies. *After* that, Andrew exposed exacly the *same* problem in reply. I don’t make a claim for a free support, never. This a forum, so if someone has the same problem, this is cool to share some solution for the prolblem, that’s all for me.

<blockquote>Test the template in total default form if it don’t work then by all means scream, but if it does and only breaks when you add a non ja component etc not JA’s fault or problem but something you are doing.</blockquote>

Of course. But i can post it here on the forum where i’m a paid member, or it’s prohibited?

sabrylom Friend

<em>@ShannonN 20538 wrote:</em><blockquote>Bit of a funny attitude, IE6 is crucial as most ppl use it, but viewing at 800 x600 (which is probably one of the most popular sizes ) is not?????????[/quote]

http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_display.asp

Of course you can modify the user tools or remove them so no one can change size?</blockquote>

It’s possible to remove *only* the resize tool and remain with the font size and color choser ?

danipotter Friend

ShannoN, cuould you solve this, Im in the same problem?, and nobody answer

swemmel Friend

Hi danipotter,

I think one of your modules in the left column is taking too much space. Try to unpublish all the modules and activate them one by one to discover wich one is the problem. Then you can try to solve this.

Kind Regards,

Peter

danipotter Friend

Ok ill do that, but in firefox, looks fine

swemmel Friend

danipotter;27517Ok ill do that, but in firefox, looks fine

Yes, that can be. There is a difference in css-handling between FF and IE6.

Kind Regards,
    Peter

pakopako Friend

It’s the same by me….. 🙂
    @andrew40: how you I the nice pinnote menu on the left?

Thnx

andrew40 Friend

Module class suffix for the module as -pin

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  andrew40 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum